Major Creative Shakeup

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
The need to start pushing more guys I think that's probably the main problem. A lot of fans are probably getting tired of seeing the same people in the spotlight all the time.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
PWInsider said:
As we have noted, Vince McMahon was upset at last night's RAW and told the writers that he needs results now or he needs resignations. The scene was described as frightening in terms of Vince's tone and demeanor. Besides pressure from NBC Universal to fix the ratings, it's said that last week's 2.5 rating was a big slap in the face to Vince after a number of top talents voiced their concern to him.

A number of top talents have reportedly gone to Vince in recent weeks to complain about how the writing is bad and change is needed. At last week's RAW, Vince was in a bad mood after having a back-and-forth with one of the top talents in front of other people.

We have not been able to confirm who the top talent was but they basically told Vince in front of other people that the WWE writing sucks, that Vince is doing whatever he wants and that WWE is going off a cliff without anything being done about it. The talent then told Vince that he needs to listen to everyone else because he doesn't have his finger on WWE's pulse anymore, basically telling Vince that he's out of touch. The talent told Vince that when WWE goes to "hell in a handbasket" then it will be all Vince's fault.

Apparently several other people got through to Vince during the week and these factors played a big part in the changes made at RAW last night. As noted, expect to hear about more changes in the next few weeks.
Whether it's true or not, I do think that something like this has been needed for some time now. A bunch of the top guys all addressing their concerns at one time will certainly catch the higher ups ears, not no marks like JTG and Ryder crying on Twitter.

Lets hope all these supposed shakeups lead to something because the Road to WrestleMania is just around the corner and shit needs to be on top form then.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Gewirtz has been essentially Russo circa 98-99 in terms of the bossman not really listening to his ideas for the past year or so. A major shakeup isn't going to get fans to tune into the third hour. It's damn near impossible to sit through 3 hours of anything.

Should've looked at the way I structured Raw in the piece I wrote and follow that.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Think the third hour thing is a bit of a smokescreen. Yes it was a mistake adding a third hour but if the product was better then people would be willing to look past that.

I agree that people with a wrestling background need to be put in charge of creative, also there should only be two or three at the most signed to each main show otherwise you get too many ideas and people going off in different directions.

Unlike Troy I have no issue with fans sending in booking ideas. Of course they shouldn't be hailed as full time writers but if someone sends in a idea and WWE likes it there is nothing stopping them using it and paying that person a fee for the idea.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'd like the idea of sending in ideas but I don't think it would work out and a lot of people myself included would send in ridiculous stuff. Stuff like Katie Vick coming back to life.

I think wrestling is fine actually. You can actually get over being good in the ring again. I'm sorry if shaking it up means more meatheads that outside fans would be more interested in then I'd be against this shit.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'd like the idea of sending in ideas but I don't think it would work out and a lot of people myself included would send in ridiculous stuff. Stuff like Katie Vick coming back to life.

I think wrestling is fine actually. You can actually get over being good in the ring again. I'm sorry if shaking it up means more meatheads that outside fans would be more interested in then I'd be against this shit.

But then they wouldn't have to use it, surely if WWE made it clear that the door was open then I bet if fans were sending ideas in regularly amongst all the shit there would be a few gems in there.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'd write long intricate storylines that are over the top but that's me. I wouldn't want to be one of the people they'd employ to see what storylines they could take seriously.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Would make the WWE look feeble if they were using fan ideas, don't think shows like Dr Who is taking fan fiction serious.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
To be honest, if they took fan ideas, a lot of those kiddies would do everything possible with Cena. And the older fans would probably try for some Attitude Era stuff. Wouldn't work well at all.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score

I.

I'm not going to lie, I'd probably send in a ridiculously long storyline involving another "Black Scorpion" storyline, but with a fake Rey Mysterio, lol.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, I'd probably send in a ridiculously long storyline involving another "Black Scorpion" storyline, but with a fake Rey Mysterio, lol.

Fuck it I would book that! lol. WWE have produced worse ideas than that.

Thing is guys you are assuming a lot. First of all WWE don't have to use any of the ideas if they don't want, but if they did then it would be down to them which ones. Also just by them opening that door to the fans it may take away the cold coprate image which some might have of them.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I think WWE just needs to find the right balance.

Although having nothing but Hollywood writers is a bad thing overall, they've still managed to come up with some pretty good storylines. Their only problem is their lack of long term planning and true knowledge of the wrestling business. Put in a few more wrestling-based writers and I think it could prove to be a good mixture.

TKK

Reaction score
I think WWE just needs to find the right balance.

Although having nothing but Hollywood writers is a bad thing overall, they've still managed to come up with some pretty good storylines. Their only problem is their lack of long term planning and true knowledge of the wrestling business. Put in a few more wrestling-based writers and I think it could prove to be a good mixture.

I totally agree with this. They need to bring in people like Dutch Mantell etc. to give the show that pro wrestling feel. It baffles me that they still have Dusty Rhodes working in FCW and NXT, he's been doing some solid work over the last year.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Dutch Mantell is a terrible idea man, the guy didn't offer anything good to TNA when he was on their creative team.

Might as well say they should hire Cornette because he isn't booking ROH anymore.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I will say this though: They did an AWESOME job with Rock vs Cena last year. Granted, there were only so many actual confrontations which needed dialog, but still, how they planned that and how it turned out was excellent.

How hard is it to plan a story arc? Shit, remember when feuds lasted 4 or 5 months back in the 80's and 90's?

I think it's a case of 'Corporate' panicking every time the audience gets bored with a match and doesn't respond. Rather than see it through, and tweaking the plans a little, they scrap the storyline and move on to the next opponent after 2 PPV's. Granted, we don't want to see Orton vs Cena #2.965 again, but that's also a problem with PPV's: There's too many mediocre ones. Go back to the "Big 5" and just promote the hell out of a RAW or Smackdown match that's 2 or 3 weeks away.