Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 4/14/1997: Street Fight- High Voltage v.s Public Enemy.

The match seemed confined as hell when everyone was in the ring. I think it would have served the match well if members from each team were outside the ring brawling as well. Nothing was happening for a while except a slow exchange of weapons in the ring. They finally got out there and PE just decided to use the tables they set up. And that was the end of the match.

3/4*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 4/14/1997: Big Al v.s The Giant.

Just a simple squash here. Big Al was over the 300 pounds but he just stood there. I don't know, I just didn't feel like he bothered to look like a threat besides his big size. It was pretty pathetic looking but so are most squashes.

DUD

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 4/14/1997: Konnan v.s D.D.P.

This went by really quick and I didn't take it too seriously. No reason why Konnan wouldn't be a little more heads up about D.D.P going for the Diamond Cutter. I just wanted more here and I just felt what they did was ineffective. Just a waste of time before Macho Man came out to bother D.D.P. It was a nice Diamond Cutter though regardless.

1/4*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 4/14/1997: Jeff Jarrett & Steve McMichael v.s Harlem Heat.

This time this was an actual tag match. Jarrett started this pretty much the same way he entered the last match by schooling Stevie Ray. Yeah, he pretty much exposes Ray in the ring. Bookah tries to keep up as well but Jarrett is always a step ahead. This wasn't really all that bad until McMichael's uncoordinated offense gets involved. Well it was a pretty back and forth contest until the teams respective managers of Debra and Sheri Martel got into it. It wasn't long before some DQ finish happens with a Haliburton briefcase. So in my mind nothing really got settled here and was pretty much the set up to get Reggie White into a PPV match. What a waste of Jarrett's talents.

*1/2

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 4/14/1997: Lex Luger v.s Kevin Nash.

So if Luger wins he gets a match against the Godfather of the NWO, Hollywood Hulk Hogan. Well this thing is pretty much all Nash and outside NWO members causing distractions and such. Once Luger gets just a little bit offense the NWO storms the ring and he gets the win by DQ. Nash was pretty effective looking cocky and controlling the pace with his friends so at least it came off well for what they wanted to accomplish. That is about it, I had to sit through it so you can just deal with it.

1/2*

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Extreme Rules 2012 - Extreme Rules Match: John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar

Hands down, one of the most brutal, disturbing, beautiful and exciting matches I've ever seen. The drama, action, legitimacy and a raucous crowd who were in it from bell-to-bell, man this match had it all was all. I've heard a lot of outrage on forums about Cena winning here, but Lesnar DESTROYED him for nearly twenty minutes before Cena got the fluke win and Lesnar isn't seen as infallible as he was during his first run/debut. This was one of the most brutal flat out fights I've seen in a wrestling ring in a long time, some of these spots were VIOLENT and I sometimes wondered if this was a "SHOOT" because they looked so damn stiff. This was like an old school fight where two guys would stiff each other so hard they'd break bones, and to see that kind of a match worked in a WWE ring in itself was incredible, never mind all of the crazy heat and flat out hard work from both men, Cena's selling might of been the best I've ever seen from him but tbf I was more impressed with Lesnar not being in the WWE for what 8 years and for him to comeback and have a match like that FUCK ME!. ****3/4

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Super Smash Bros. vs 2 Husky Black Guys (El Generico & Willie Mack) - PWG DDT4 (2012)

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Samoa Joe vs. Kenta Kobashi - ROH Joe vs. Kobashi
Thrilling match. I don't know why I held out so long to see this match, but I'm really glad I finally got around the seeing it. The atmosphere was amazing (I don't know how a crowd that size could make such a noise) and were behind every shot from each man. The action was stiff as hell, with every move having a meaning behind it. I also loved the way Joe worked this match. His confidence at the start of the match, followed by his exhaustion and complete desperation by the end of it was great to watch. Simply put, this was a perfect match. *****

Reactions: 1 person

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Over The Limit 2012 - World Heavyweight Title: Sheamus vs. Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho vs. Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez)

This was so much fun. There was literally never a dull moment throughout the entire match, and all four guys did a great job of keeping the action going nonstop from bell to bell. This had a crazy final stretch with tons of heat on each false finish. Just nothing more to add to it. ***1/2 - ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Over the Limit 2012 - WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan

This match lived up to the expectations I had for it, their chemistry was fantastic. It was pretty close to a technical masterpiece that reminded us how beautiful technical professional wrestling can be. The kicks were stiff, the submissions were creative and psychical, the reversals were a thing of beauty. I also loved the story here was essentially that Punk and Bryan have known each other for ten years and are now wrestling for the title. The only thing stopping it from a full 5 stars is the ending even though I liked the finish because it sets up another match but a clean no gimmicky finish would of been the real fucking deal. ****3/4 This still holds up as my MOTY.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE No Way Out 2012 - World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler (w/ Vickie Guerrero)

I thought it was a very solid wrestling match that had an exciting finish with Sheamus winning over the crowd by the end of it. It wasn't a case of the crowd only liking Ziggler. They liked both guys a lot, so it led to an interesting atmosphere. There were a few parts in the match where the action was a little too slow for my liking due to Ziggler grabbing headlocks a little too much. Ziggler proved in this match that he has the ability to be in a World Title match where he and the champion are the focus. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE No Way Out 2012 - Intercontinental Championship: Christian vs. Cody Rhodes

So Christian is in full on face mode cause he wants to be remembered like Edge was a good guy. (I guess he and WWE forgot about the heel run Edge had) 8D It was what I expected to be. They got about twelve minutes, they told a good story with Cody in control early and then Christian did an awesome job of making a comeback, which led to his win. Christian and Rhodes haven't put on bad matches together, but they haven't been able to get the fans into their work which is a bit disappointing to see. It looked to be more of the same here, but the nearfalls and counters at the end kept things going. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE No Way Out 2012 - Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Kane

Punk, Bryan, and Kane worked together remarkably well, and I have to believe that this was Kane's best match in years. His power-based offense added a new dimension to the dynamic between Punk and Bryan, and yet all three men were still able to showcase their unique in-ring styles. I thought it was smart to involve AJ in the finish because the story is obviously all about her. Post match, Kane looked over the fallen AJ. They replayed the finish with her running out at the end of the match when Punk threw Kane into her. Kane picked her up and took her backstage. She smiled without him seeing it while the crowd cheered that. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE In Your House 10 "Mind Games" - WWF Heavyweight Championship: Shawn Michaels (w/Jose Lothario) vs. Mankind (w/Paul Bearer)

This match is a straight half an hour of chaos between two guys willing to do absolutely anything to win. It’s as good as everyone says it is and if you haven’t seen it, you should watch it like NOW. You don’t have to be a fan of either guy. Shawn and Mick used wrestling, counter-wrestling, hardcore, psychology and with HBK's high flyin' lucha libre influenced style mixed with Mankind's hardcore daredevil style made for one hell of a match with so many intense moments. Also, this match should prove to anybody that these two men were the best bumpers in the business at the time. There was a STORY to go along with the bumps and great selling from both men. I've said this time and time again that if this had a clean pin, this quite possible be top 5 matches of all time. At least it was 1996's MOTY. ****3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF In Your House 18 "Badd Blood" - Hell In A Cell Match: Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker

So at Summerlsam Shawn cost Taker the World Championship then turned heel 2/3 weeks later and when he hit Taker in the head with a chair and formed DX with Hunter, Chyna and Rude. Taker and Michaels had a very underrated match at Ground Zero PPV a month prior but that ended in a DQ. So the next logical step was a cage match to pretty much to make sure Shawn couldn't/wouldn't be able to escape. Shawn was European Champion at this point the feud was above it so it's not on the line. There is not a thing wrong with this match. The psychology in this match mirrored the action in the ring, It was intense, the buildup was great just all kinds of violence, everything fit perfectly in the match. This was the match of the year for 1997, establishes HBK as the escaping pussy heel who will do anything for his body to make a 5-star match, and Taker was built to look like a badass beast that if you piss him off your gonna DIE. Plus the debut of Kane is a major storyline as he is the only wrestler brought is specifically for the Undertaker to feud with and survived past the initial storyline to have a great WWF career 20 years later is pretty awesome. *****