Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 - Ambulance Match: John Cena vs. Kane

This quite possible might be the 2nd safest match I've seen ever, first being Rock/Punk II. It was just a basic hardcore brawl match where the legal weapons were whatever items could be found in an ambulance. Also this had no business being the main even, yes i know Cena is top dog, Mr. merchandise but C'MON sometimes a title match should be the main event, that's just 2012 Cena booking for you. Oh and this was 20 minutes HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania XXVIII - “End of an Era” Hell in a Cell Match: The Undertaker Vs. Triple H (Special Guest Referee is Shawn Michaels)

JR calling this match is a nice touch and still showed why he is needed on Raw, Michael Cole pointed out the interesting facts that not only has Triple H has won more HIAC matches than Undertaker but also never lost a match where Shawn was the referee which was a nice touch. This was just an amazing performance from both, as they just beat the shit out of each other with every punch, kick, chair shot and hammer hit being more violent then the last. I literally don’t think they could have produced a more perfect match given the guys involved, unless there had been blood or DEATH!. This had such PHENOMENAL characterizations, psychology and storytelling in the ring, they packed in all the crazy near falls you'd expect and just beat the shit out of each other for 40 minutes. To me this was like watching a movie and Taker was that ultimate good guy who wants some revenge because the bad guy left him laying one year ago, and he does get the best of the slight bad guy Triple H but then things turn bad and the big bad HHH starts pounding away and at times it looked like the ultimate good guy was down and out but he rose above the ashes and finally figured out how to defeat the bad guy. With the all the punishment he did to him a year ago, and even some of the same punishment he did to him in this battle. Shawn also added so much to the match as a ref it's unbelievable with his facial expressions after every chair shot or kick out, hell the Superkick into the Pedigree might be one of the top 10 false finishes of all time and it gets me every time. ****3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania 28 - WWE Championship Match: CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

Before the match Team Johnny walks past the WWE champion CM Punk. He smugly informs him that if Punk loses his temper and gets disqualified, he'll lose the title. Damn i forgot how good this was, sure it started off slow but it was them feeling each other out. it damn sure picked up when Jericho was trollin' him trying to get Punk DQ'ed. The counters and near falls towards the end of the match were great. I especially loved Jericho’s top rope counter into the Walls of Jericho. Just a FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC job by both men. They sold the intensity of the feud with the build up and promos surrounding Punks family and delivered in the ring. It's just a shame the crowd was dead for most of it. ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Extreme Rules 2012 - Falls Count Anywhere Match: Kane vs. Randy Orton

This rematch was set-up by Kane beating Orton at Wrestlemania and then a couple weeks later Kane would beat up Bob Orton Jr on Smackdown. Orton tried getting payback by kidnapping Paul Bearer but no one including Kane cared. This was way better than I remembered it being. The only real bad part was when they went backstage, which killed the crowd and the Zack Ryder interference was hilarious. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Extreme Rules 2012 - Two out of Three Falls Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

This quite possible might be the best 2/3 falls match since Triple H/Austin from NWO 2001. We all know Daniel Bryan is one of the best technical wrestlers in the world, and it was great to see him get a chance to prove that again tonight. I loved Bryan's arm work and the finish with him kicking the shit out of Sheamus's arm to get DQ'ed to set up the YES! lock so Sheamus passes out in the 2nd fall to give Bryan the win back. Just AWESOME strategy. I thank WWE for giving them a long match and they deliver with smart psychology and storytelling. FUCKING AWESOME SELLING BY SHEAMUS and they managed to put over the heel cunning of Bryan while still making Sheamus look like a total badass. I so happy they had this match here but part of me wanted this at WM. ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Extreme Rules 2012 - Chicago Street Fight for the WWE Championship: CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

This match was absolutely fantastic, and I couldn't be happier that the WWE put Punk over strong in a Chicago PPV. Punk is a god to these people, and at this rate, he will be a draw in the area for years to come. Punk and Jericho had the unenviable task of having to put on a championship match after Sheamus and Bryan delivered a classic, but This one lived up the billing as this was just an absolutely brutal with some creative and killer bumps spread through-out perfectly. ****1/4

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Joey Ryan vs Candice LeRae - PWG World's Finest

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Super Smash Bros vs The Young Bucks - PWG DDT4 2012

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 4/7/1997: Chris Jericho v.s Dean Malenko.

Nice and fast paced from the start. Jericho would strike quickly as he was able to control most this match but Malenko would fight back with high impactful moves and ground and pound offense. There wasn't much more to it, it was just vastly entertaining as it was happening. You can't go wrong with these two getting some in-ring with each other. Malenko hit a sharp boot to the face as Jericho was having trouble seeing. It wasn't the greatest of finishes for this match as it seemed both men had much more they could have given to this. Oh well, Jericho and Malenko are known for having a tremendous feud in WCW already with several quality matches.

*3/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 4/7/1997: High Voltage v.s Public Enemy.

HV sure look like a team of jobbers you just feed to a team like Public Enemy yet they are doing an underdog thing at the moment. So they someone end up winning this match but of course it is only after a big mistake by PE. One of the members of PE ended up missing a dive through a table outside the ring. There wasn't much to the match besides this spot. The rest of the entire match was simple tag team stuff with both teams hitting a couple things that didn't last long though. Still for a match to continue this little feud it wasn't terribly handled.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 4/7/1997: Harlem Heat v.s Jeff Jarrett & Steve McMichael.

This was a handicap match for the most part as Steve McMichael didn't show up at first. I guess there are problems between Jarrett, McMichael and Debra but it looked more like holding McMichael's lack of skills back. So we got a fairly decent beat down on Jarrett by Bookah and Stevie Ray. McMichael came in to save the match then tagged Jarrett back in who got taken out immediately by a much better off Bookah.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 4/7/1997: TV Title Match: Prince Iaukea(c) v.s Ultimo Dragon.

Well Prince was out of his league in the TV title picture in the first place so this was pretty much him dropping the belt after taken a beating earlier in the night from Regal. Prince has his ribs taped up during this match and Dragon pretty much just kicks them a few times to win this. Seriously. Also, I saw something during this match that was just plain stupid. So Dragon is going for a dive off the top rope and Iaukea puts his feet up to block Dragon yet Prince's feet were in the complete wrong direction from where Dragon was jumping. So Ultimo leaps off, doesn't even seem to be looking to attempt any actual move and jumps face first into Prince's boots. Jumping that far out of your way to just give the injured person a little bit more offense without him actually doing a damn thing is what I swear I witnessed. It was total garbage so since there isn't much else to to the match, I have to render this match unreliable.

DUD

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 4/14/1997: The Barbarian v.s Chris Benoit.

This was done pretty well for the little time they were given. It was mostly stiff suplexs with Barbarian being the one to up the ante with a huge Belly-to-Belly suplex off the top rope. After hitting the move though Barbarian decides to fly all the way across the ring. I'm not even sure he could have hit the headbutt because Benoit rolled out the way perfectly. It was just after this that Benoit went for the diving headbutt... However it looked more like a splash the way he went right into the pin. I really enjoyed the suplexes that were handed out but the finish seemed like it was completely rushed. I wouldn't mind seeing these two throw each other around in a longer exchange sometime.

*1/2

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 4/14/1997: Hector Guerrero v.s Dean Malenko.

This seemed a little off from the start. You had some alright chain wrestling to open up but it just didn't look all that crisp. Hector had some awesome crossbody type move from the apron at one point, though. That was probably the highlight of the match because afterwards Hector tried something that would only work in Lucha that would require a counter from Malenko to even get anything out of it. It was awkward as hell. It wasn't much longer after this that Malenko hit a Double Underhook Powerbomb and locked in the Cloverleaf.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 4/14/1997: Lane Carlson v.s Ultimo Dragon.

This was just a squash for Dragon. Of course it being a crusierweight type squash you have to show you are resilient as well as dominating. So Dragon took a few impactful blows in this. Also, Ultimo needed some help from Sonny Oono to just pull this off. Whoa man, I was scared.

3/4*