Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Money In The Bank 2012 - World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio

This was a pretty solid and physical match, Del Rio worked over Sheamus' arm and Sheamus came back showing a lot of heart. There was nothing wrong with the match. It's just that it didn't feel like a special match, I'm guessing it's because these two have different styles in the ring so it just didn't click. And the lack of fuck given by the crowd really hurt this at times. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Money In The Bank 2012 - No Disqualification Match for the WWE Championship w/ AJ as Special Guest Referee: CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan

In terms of the actual fight, this was another great showing from Punk and Bryan, who prove that they cannot have a bad match together. While not quite as technical as the OTL match they showed they can get hardcore if needed they managed to fit in all of their usual great stuff in by introducing different weapons and gimmicks perfectly into the mix. But i could help but feel at time the story involving AJ kinda overshadowed the quality of the match at times and the camera man focused on her facial expressions more then Bryan or Punks. ***3/4

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 5/26/1997: Damien, Ciclope & La Parka v. Juventud Guerrera, Hector Garza & Super Calo-

This was a nice showcase of talent from Mexico here. I actually don't mind them showing these matches every now and then but if they want to someone to catch on or the fans to gain interest in one of these guys they have to do this more often. These random tag matches just seem out of nowhere and they don't look like they will be incorporated with the roster WCW already employs full time. Of course Parka and Juvie both had quality runs in WCW but they got actual chances as singles guys. Super Calo could also get grouped in there however I don't think he ever really liked working for WCW. Politics and shit, announcers never getting your name right. Who wants that? Whatever, this was a pretty good fast pace match. If it wasn't for wrestlers just standing around at times to take dives this could have been something that stood out in my mind.

**1/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 5/26/1997: Psicosis v.s Alex Wright.

Very, very good little match here. At first it looked like a showcase for Wright who just turned heel a few weeks back to get him over but Psicosis keeps it up with his quick, explosive offense. Wright would get control a couple times after making mistakes and then go right back to dancing. This ultimately seemed to cost him as he was too busy worrying about his dance moves in front of the fans when Psicosis hits a huge moonsault to outside the ring. It wasn't look after this that Psicosis picked up the win with his awesome guillotine like leg drop. Both wrestlers played their roles well and came off as a solid TV bout.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 5/26/1997: Mark Starr v.s Wrath.

This started off horribly and it was just a squash for Wrath. Wrath got it going after a little bit but knowing this guy has had hundreds of squashes this was just depressing. Bryan Clark sure never deserved these pushes and he clearly kept proving it over and over again.

1/4*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 5/26/1997: Villian IV v.s Konnan.

This looks a lot better on paper than what happened. Honestly from the start Villiano looked like he was just there to make Konnan looked good. I know it's mostly to hype a feud between Konnan and Hugh Morrus but with talent like this in the ring you want more. YOU WANT WHAT LOOKS LIKE A COMPETITIVE COMPETITION.

1/2*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 5/26/1997: The Great Muta v.s Masahiro Chono.

There really was no match. Don't hype shit like this for fans like me if you aren't gonna deliver a classic. It was just Muta joining the NWO after they stalled in the ring for like 5 minutes. Muta attacked Sonny Oono to make the jump.

DUD

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 5/26/1997: The Barbarian v.s Jim Powers.

Barbarian made Powers look like a total jobber and an idiot during this. It shouldn't have even went on as long as it did unless they really wanted to put over POWERS power before losing like a chump. Still laughin' at a few episodes prior to this about Teddy Long managing Ice Train and Alex Wright as a tag team. I could go into detail how hilarious and awfully booked it was but that is for another time. Teddy looked just out of place here as Jim Powers' manager is all I'm gettin' at. Pretty simple big man match without much substance or feeling like these two brutes really wanted to hurt each other. You got that feeling from Barbarian of course yet Powers just looked like he knew was a just a born loser.

1/2*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 5/26/1997: 3 Jobbers v.s The Giant.

Yep, Giant gets to bury folks. That is it.

1/4*

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Nitro 5/26/1997: Jeff Jarrett & Steve McMichael v.s Harlem Heat.

Ugh, I swear I've seen this tag match enough times and it's not like it's ever booked like a REAL match. It's always got outside circumstances. It also doesn't help that Jarrett was on the apron most of the match. I don't even want to get started on the Kevin Greene/Steve McMichael garbage either. Watching Mongo wrestle most of this was just painful. Bookah and Stevie Ray held their own though.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE SummerSlam 2012 - Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler

Pretty smart choice for the opener cause if these two can't get a crowd pumped up then nothing can. And they did that with just an flat out solid wrestling match both men come out looking great, Ziggler continues to be amazing and Jericho does what he’s done for the last 20 years. Busted his ass and had a great match and make the younger guy look amazing. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Summerslam 2012 - World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus

This is a rematch from Money in the Bank, As expected it was really hard hitting and physical, but i have to admit Del Rio's armwork heat segment was pretty boring but other then that just real hard hitting the finished sucked ass too as Sheamus hits Rio in the head with a shoe then a backbreakers but Del Rio’s foot was on the ropes, but the ref missed it, thus guaranteeing that these two will meet again. I don't know if the WWE intentionally wanted Del Rio to be cheated out of a kickout to set-up another bout between the two of them, but I was really hoping for Sheamus to retain cleanly ending the match. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Summerslam 2012 - Triple Threat match for the WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Big Show vs. CM Punk

The Video package for this focuses on Punk being unfairly placed in a triple threat and “turning his back on the WWE Universe” by taking out The Rock. Punk then goes on a mission to demand respect to complement his long title reign which should have already earned it. (Yeah i know it makes no sense) Anyway the match is a average triple threat match which only lasted like 15 minutes. It was all about Big Show dominating the match for the first ten minutes. I understood why they did all of the overbooking at the end with the false finish and the restart just because that way the easy way to get Cena a rematch. The finish was pretty much the obvious root to go down with Cena hitting the AA on Show, Punk throwing him out and Punk retaining his title. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE SummerSlam 2012 - Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar

For me this is a match either you love it or really hate it and for i'm part of that small group that love it The storytelling is fantastic and the psychology is off the charts. The arm work by Brock, and Triple H's selling of it was top notch. The key locks, slam on the mat and even the first one on the table and the arm stomps all make this match so much better. Then you had Brock's selling of the stomach which was LEGIT the greatest thing in some time I remember watching it for the first time and I swear to god I thought he was legit hurt plus seeing a man his size sell like he's gonna die is just great. ****1/4 And I didn't even talk about how "BADASS" Brock looks when he takes off the gloves. http://i.imgbox.com/abgwWtjc.gif See for yourselves

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Night of Champions 2012 - Fatal-4-Way for the Intercontinental Championship: The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara vs. Cody Rhodes

This match was brutal to start with. Their timing was off and there was a bunch of messed up spots early on. Thankfully It got better as the match went on and was pretty formulaic opener. But at the end of the day, we're looking at a very average match, about the quality that you would see on a smackdown any given week. It felt slow in spots, but a pretty overall solid spot-feast opener. ***