Last Video Game Played

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
header.jpg

Fun WW2 shooter I picked up for just under £1 whilst it was on sale. It's a Valve game so the gunplay and animations really hold well to today's standards. The game still looks great visually being on the Source engine. There is quite the learning curve as the guns have a ton of recoil and there is definitely quite a lot of realism to the way they peform and kick. You also die super quickly. It's very fun though. Still tons of servers and people playing online.

header.jpg

Up there with my all-time favourite games. It's nice to play it on PC for the first time. It did take me a while to get used to the controls but you soon get the hang of it on Mouse & Keyboard. It's just awkward as hell at first. The game still looks great, especially with the HD textures turned on.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I think I won't be able to ever go back to the OG RE4, I'm too used to the parry system now :worried

fr4Pown4oUSQLx5AlMw3BNA1.png

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I'm enjoying Euro Truck Simulator 2 at the moment. It's a nice game to zen out with and just forget about life for a short while. I enjoy the feel of driving the trucks and how weighty they are. It's nice always having a purpose and destination to go. It goes absolutely perfect with a podcast in the background.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Just finished up my latest session of Need for Speed Underground 2. It's still as fun as I remembered it. I believe it has been like a decade or more since I last played it, so coming back to it now just fills me with so much joy and really takes me back to some simpler times growing up. I decided to start out with the Honda Civic, which I'm pretty sure is my first time ever using from the get go. I think I always used to go with the Nissan 240SX. It's a really nice car to drive and I have won every race so far pretty easily, I could see me taking this car pretty far in to the game. It has great handling and is a terrific all-rounder.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I've been playing the hell out of Burnout 2 - Point of Impact recently. Going for all the gold medals and first places for the races. It's such a good racing game. The visuals are really remarkable for a PS2 title, I was really surprised by how good it still looks. Even on the native resolution. If I have a tip for this game, it's to make sure you try to get gold on all the driver lessons. You get a car reward for doing so and it's highly worth it for the start. It has the best stats and makes the earlier races a lot easier.

Also played a little of Silent Hill 2, which I think is unmatched still when it comes to atmosphere and ambiance. One of my favourite survival horror games.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
FYIVeVBXkAUgnM8

I've been playing Silent Hill Origins, it's pretty neat. I have never played this game even though I'm a big fan of the series. I never owned it so I never got chance to play it. It's much, much better than I expected. I would easily say it's the most fun I have had with one of these games after the original trilogy. It's got some pretty good atmosphere and I'm enjoying the puzzles, they are fun but not too hard. Which is perfect. The main character is likeable enough and the story is decent. The combat took me by suprrise, it's great, espcially the melee. I like that you can use so many things as weapons. For a PSP game, I'm really impressed with the graphics quality for something that came out on handheld.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
THPS4.jpg

My personal favourite of the Pro Skater series. I liked the changes they made to Career mode. I was never a big fan of the time limit in the previous games even though I enjoyed those too, it just always felt like I was being rushed. I like being able to explore the levels at my own pace and I really love the detail to the levels. I think these are some of the best levels they ever created. They are so fun to fully complete. Zoo and Alcatraz especially.

220px-Xfilesresistorserve.jpg

This has proven to be a hidden gem. Was surprised to see this was survival horror and plays like a Resident Evil game but with an X-Files theme and story. Loving it. I also am so happy that David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson lended their voices to this.

Silent_Hill_2.jpg

Still perhaps the best horror game I ever played. Whilst time hasn't treated the combat as kindly, everything else about this to me is still unrivaled by anything getting released today. It has so much atmosphere and ambiance. Right amount of difficulty for me too.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
grand-theft-auto-vice-city-stories-cover.cover_300x.jpg

Very underrated entry in to the GTA Series. I wish Rockstar still did these spin-off games. It was fun to play in the same universe and maps we knew but with new characters and stories. This is just as fun as Vice City with the added benefits of various quality of life improvements. It makes a massive difference having the San Andreas style control scheme as the older games before then are pretty rough playing now. I love how much more vibrant everything is in the graphics too. The empire building in this is my favourite aspect, it made acquiring new properties a much more fun task.

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
grand-theft-auto-vice-city-stories-cover.cover_300x.jpg

Very underrated entry in to the GTA Series. I wish Rockstar still did these spin-off games. It was fun to play in the same universe and maps we knew but with new characters and stories. This is just as fun as Vice City with the added benefits of various quality of life improvements. It makes a massive difference having the San Andreas style control scheme as the older games before then are pretty rough playing now. I love how much more vibrant everything is in the graphics too. The empire building in this is my favourite aspect, it made acquiring new properties a much more fun task.
I believe they ported these games to the ps2 so you might try and get those ports.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
capsule_616x353.jpg

I played the first game of this a long time ago because it was free on Steam. I loved it. I ended up picking this up. The game does such a great job capturing what it felt like to use instant chat messengers back in the day. Like the nostalgia of it hurts almost. It is so, so accurate. I spent many nights growing up chatting to people on MSN, it's how I made a lot of friends and knew people. Of course, there was also some things I cringe about too. The amount of times I tried to chat up a girl and failed miserably. :lol Those things helped me grow as a person though and gain confidence, so I do look back on it all pretty fondly. Anyways, I'm getting sidetracked, it's a nice game with a good story that gets quite emotional at times. For a short while, it feels like living in those years again. It's something no other game has been able to replicate, this is just something else.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
61EJCcousmS.jpg

Just close to perfection as far as action games go. It so satisfying to play. The combat in the game has aged like a fine wine and remains so fluid. The visuals are really impressive for their time, it was one of the PS2 games that I rememember really blowing me away and I was left feeling amazed at how good games had potential to look. This is when the DMC series finally found its footing and identity and really reached new heights as a series. I love the story in this too, playing as a younger, cocky Dante is a lot of fun.