Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

they took notice and started calling us fans again...thats nice.

vince's thing wasn't bad but not anywhere near as good as his other shit.

again, the miz kinda stole it for me. anyone else doesn't give a fuck about show/cena (for the 1000th time) or batista/orton?

Airfixx

they took notice and started calling us fans again...thats nice.

Yeah, it is kinda cool that they finally made the distinction and that the fans are PART of the WWE Universe. In that sense I think the term actually works well.

Said my part about the show in another thread, but yeah, Show/Cena in particular feels like pure filler to me.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
The Lakers/Nuggets thing was just idiotic, imo. It wasn't even funny. The whole thing reeked of a middle-aged man essentially paying people to play with him. "Now act like that mean kid down the street who I don't like so I can push you while thinking of him!" Sure, it flowed nicely into a Miz thing which worked well, but the show could just as easily have started with him coming down to trash talk. And then bringing the angle to the main event? Having to see Orton try his menacing glare while wearing that thing? It was like something TNA would do. :disgust1:

MikeRaw

Raw tonight:

John Cena & A Mystery Partner vs. The Miz & Big Show

MVP vs. Kofi Kingston (U.S. Title)

Mickie James & Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phoenix & Maryse

Batista vs. Cody Rhodes or Ted DiBiase - Steel Cage Match. Randy Orton will flip a coin to see who gets the match.

MikeRaw

Not a bad Raw at all. Best since the draft. It had alot more wrestling, and that's always good. Kofi/MVP, Batista/Rhodes and to a degree, the Parking Lot Brawl, were all decent for TV matches.
I just found this Raw to be alot more balanced.

Negatives:
-The divas stuff. It's getting a little annoying. Every week is the same. Tag team match involving Kelly and Maryse, lots of screaming, a Kelly hurricaranna, and something along the lines of a roll-up for a win. They need to start some singles matches, and use other people. It's always the same.
-Santino and Vickie. Fuck.

Other than that, I found it to actually be a pretty good Raw. Each feud t built pretty nicely, and although Raw still isn't QUITE where it should be, i see hope.Tey improved alot this week.

On a side note, RKO, feel free to do a Raw Review. You can keep doing them. I think I did pretty good, but I don't have much time, and you do a great job too. If you feel like it, by all means go ahead.

the dark knight

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooring

only reason i didn't just stop watching was the hope that triple h gets back. am i the only one who wants him back heel btw?

MikeRaw

Obviously not. Everyone has been beggin for him to turn heel for like 2 years now. He's been a face for 3 years, it sucks.

seahawk

Reaction score
Kofi and MVP was a great match my favourite of the night, but i also loved the Randy Orton and Ric Flair fight to the finish i thought that was cool, expecially at the end with Orton just staring at Batista then the punt to Ric Flairs head.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Kofi/MVP was good match i must say i never seen the title change coming let alone it been a clean one. I hope that means good things for MVP seeing as he dropped the belt, Plus with Kennedy gone things could blast off for MVP, Fingers crossed anyway. Flair match was pretty cool the punt and the stare down at Tista was class. I'm hoping that we dont see many more Flair matches now though. I want the punt to be the end of it. Because Orton has took out Vince,Shane HHH for weeks/Months. So to have Flair come back next week or even before Trips then thats gonna be a piss take IMO. If the Punt took out 3 people for weeks/Months and one of those people is still very fit and still active in the ring and who is half Flairs age. To have Flair come back before him is just stupid. Anyway a pretty good Raw i thought.

Moonlight Drive

Raw was absolute tripe this week (at least what I saw), with the exception of The Miz's promo. They could've quite honestly replayed a Triple H/Orton segment from the lead-up to Wrestlemania and I wouldn't have noticed. Variety is a wrestlers best friend in my opinion, and the same grizzled snarl, zoom-in to the massive nose and sledgehammer beatdown got old quite some time ago Hunter.

The Rated R CMStar

Variety is a wrestlers best friend in my opinion, and the same grizzled snarl, zoom-in to the massive nose and sledgehammer beatdown got old quite some time ago Hunter.

Seeing the pop it got from the crowd, it hasn't.