Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

I didn't think Raw was that bad. The HHH/Orton stuff was the best as usual though. It was largely average, and I expected more for this time of yea,r but it wasn't awful.

Airfixx

That would be too left-field of a booking.

Are you kidding? Austin as guest ref is as about as predictable a booking as you're likely to get..... In no way shape or form "left-field" wwwwwwhat-so-fuck'n-ever.

So, which three legends are gonna be facing off against Jericho then? (That's SOOOO shit!!!)

noumenon

Steamboat, Piper and Snuka.

Snuka and Piper look as if they can barely walk. Snuka is in horrible shape.
Steamboat looks by far the best of the 3 but I still doubt his ability to go.

LKP

Very disappointed with raw this week. I'm guessing they are keeping the goods stuff for 500 episode of smackdown i hope. Best part of raw was the hbk v taker thing. Jericho vs legends i thought waste of time. Orton vs hhh feud is slowing down and cody is dead lol.

noumenon

Yeah, I've heard EVERYONE is going to be at the 500th Smackdown. All I know is they need to get their shit together because 2 weeks out from Mania and it's kinda lookin like shit.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Raw sucked big time. this week The only good points were HBK/Taker and HHH/Rhodes, Even this feud is kinda slowing down sum. Triple threat for Heavyweight is what it is, I really don't have much of an opinion on this match. Apart from they got nowhere to put Cena so stick him in a triple threat match with Edge.

MC Rae

Reaction score
Erm... WHAT!? Handicap match? What the hell's going on?

So, at 'Mania, we're seeing three legends who can BARELY MOVE. Look at Snuka, the guy walks ten times worse than Kevin Nash and we actually expect him to work a match?

So let me get this straight, It's effectively FIVE guys on Jericho? The three has-beens in the ring and Flair and Rourke at ringside? After weeks of incredible building (in my opinion anyway) where Jericho has been pulling the best heel heat he's ever had and has found his niche with this character we get a piss-poor handicap match for what I thought was supposed to be one of the biggest events in wrestling history.

Either this is one of the worst moves we've seen in a long time or we're going to get swerved... but that seems unlikely, time is seriously running out. I swore we were going to hear that glass smash.

noumenon

I think essentially what we're going to get is Jericho humiliating them for most of the match... with Rourke and possibly Austin making the save and a massive Jericho beatdown.
FUCK THIS MATCH

kingovkings

Reaction score
I really had high hope for Jericho match i thought we would have got him vs Austin. I really think that this match is gonna suck balls. If it is Y2J vs the 3 cripples.

Moonlight Drive

Please have Jericho kill all three next week and have Jericho vs Austin

I can dream :eek:

Airfixx

I'd rather have Jericho vs Duggan.

Edit:

Finally got round to watching the show...

Wasn't as bad as I was expecting given the comments on here. (I reckon most views were - UNDERSTANDABLY - tainted by the transpiring dissapointment that was the Y2J match announcement).

LOL @ the stunt with HHH and the cage....

HBK/Taker was sweet... Seems like forever since we've seen Taker taken down by one blow from an normal sized guy.

Pleased to see Diggler in the ring again; even to just get squashed... I like the guy and (hopefully) the more they feature him, the quicker they'll evolve his character.

I think even the Show/Edge/Cena thing played out ok.

Suprised to hear no-one mention the appearance of Steph in H's car(***). So she's recovered from the RKO to some extent... Says to me we'll defo see her during the ME @ 'Mania.....

(***Too busy fiending for Austin probably! ;o] )

noumenon

RAW was definately a hell of a lot better than last week's edition...

The Jericho/Flair segment was actually done quite well. It's too bad that FLAIR ISN'T EVEN THE ONE JERICHO IS GOING TO BE HAVING THE MATCH WITH! I suppose they realize that none of these three guys can actually go in the ring anymore and they're safer to just have Flair do the lead up segments. The smashing of the Rolex was also a nice touch.
On yet another ridiculous note to this storyline, we found out later in the night next week we're going to get Jericho/Lawler......wow.

Hardy vs. Ziggler was a decent excuse for an extreme rules match. It's a shame they're using Ziggler for these squashes as he really does have some talent. Jeff showed a decent amount of fire in this one. Hopefully he'll be able to carry it over to Mania. I'm a bit confused as to why not showcase Matt a little as well. Build them both, make them both look strong going into Mania.

The eight man tag for MITB really gave me some hope for this match. Everyone was fucking instense in this one and really gave an awesome solid performance. We saw an awesome finishing spot with Christian hitting the Unprettier on Shelton and then standing beneath the spotlight point up at the briefcase. Then they had to absolutely trash it with Finlay and Hornswoggle as the last two men standing in the ring.....ugh.

Yet another absolutely HORRIFIC setup for the WHC match at Mania. I'm seriously disgusted that they're even billing this as a main event. Show has not a shred of fuckin intensity left in him. Slow......boring....pointless match between him and Edge. With Vicky once again sitting in a fucking wheelchair. OH BUT WAIT, CHAVO WAS THEYRE YYAAAAAYYYY
This one culminated with Edge spearing Chavo, then getting punched in the face.
This is NOT by any stretch of the imagination a match worthy to be anywhere near the Wrestlemania card. I seriously gag a little every time I think about it.

Squash match by Rey on Regal. I seriously thought he broke his nose and was going to be shut out of Mania again. Pointless match....blah.

The HBK promo on Undetaker would have worked a hell of a lot better had he not been standing in a graveyard and attempting to look spooky.
I'm sorry, but a closeup on HBK's lazy eye saying REST IN PEACE really isn't all that ominous. We all know the match is going to be incredible so I'm trying to ignore the shitty build as much as possible.

Comedy segment for Santino going for Ms. Mania. Am I the only one who's tired of this shit already?

Finally we get the Orton/HHH segment for the night. Dibiasi and Orton beat down HHH who immediately goes for his sledgehammer only to find Rhoades with a pair of handcuffs. HHH gets cuffed to the top rope bringing out Steph. Orton teases at a direct blow to HHH's temple with the hammer. It almost seemed for a minute that Steph was about to side with Orton. He drags her in through the middle rope and hits his elevated spike DDT. He then plants a fuckin kiss on her and annihilates HHH with the sledgehammer.
I don't know what else to say about this feud except for the fact that it's absolutely incredible. The fact that they're putting this next to the Edge/Cena/Show feud is an absolute joke.

Kyubi

Reaction score
Raw was very good

The Jericho/Flair segment was nice.Only problem that Flair will not be VS Chris at WM. Chris is showing us that he is the best heel taking on more than one Legend maybe the next Legend Killer?

Hardy vs. Ziggler was poor, Ziggler is very good wrestler and Jeff smashed him to get soem momentum going in WM, but still in shock Matt was not there

Rey VS Regal....nothing match could of been better

The HBK promo on Undetaker was kind of funny in my part, the build up to this match is good but it needs to be better

Edge VS Big Show they should keep this till WM as it is not that good anyway but as for the Edge spearing Chavo and then getting KO was kind of pointless because next week all Show is going to do is talk about "I konked you out" and Edge is going freak out. This match would of been better from a diffrent stortline having 2 romatic storylines at WM is too much

Santino is just.....

Randy and Ted VS Trips not my favorite because they should save some of the hype for WM but the teisat was nice as Trips hancuffed to teh ring and then Randy DDT his wife and then the kiss OMG does Randy know he has a wife aswell?

MikeRaw

Huge improvment this week. The promos were great. The whole Jericho thing was very well done. Very believable. HBK/Taker promo was very cool as well. Shawn did some good stuff there. And finally, the whole Orton/HHH thing at the end was awesome. Orton was awesome there , and HHH and Stephanie played their part well.

Very good Raw!