• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Really? I don't know. I mean I think that the script, setting, concept of it were great, but I was completely distracted by the way he acted it out. It just seemed so awkward.

Likewise. I hope we don't have to see that SD interview over and over again... I particularly cringed when he started drinking his water (Like only THEEE GAME drinks bottled water, yo!).

I kept having flashbacks to the Savage/Snake "You hit my wife!" promo after KOTR93 and thinking it was so much better.

Decent Raw this week; largely driven by good non-match segments.

Anyone else notice King hastily cut himself off as he began to talk about Edge beating Cena at NYR06? ...I didn't think mentioning previous encounters was such a big deal anymore and was not seen as the threat to drawing power that it once was.

Lame to see the IC-title on the sidelines for WM again, but enjoyed the actual match. re: Miz n Mo' - WWE have on numerous occasions put them in combative situations against each other and each time shown them both to be confortable with competing against each other without developing a grudge..... I hope this continues, safeguarding them from the textbook tag-team split storyline and, as I hope, see them retain their alliance for part time purposes a la DX.

I hope our seeing Knox squash Noble means that his angle with Rey is now over... That shit was just irritating.

I'm still kinda hung up on the logic as to why Orton would wanna have his title shot against HHH tho'.

Also, I'm concerned that this angle will run out of steam if all we see is HHH & Orton playing cat n mouse for the next 5 weeks as Montana mentioned the dynamic of the fued is somewhat back to front... I hope they have at least one last twist to the story before they get to the point of signing the match etc.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
It is a bit odd that Triple H gets so pissed off about men hurting his wife all of a sudden. Back in the day Stephanie used to get Rock Bottomed and Stunned all the time and he wasn't this bothered.
I would have also liked to see how they explained away the fact that Triple H and Stephanie are married, even though they got kayfabe divorced 7 years ago. I guess they figured everyone knew anyway, but I still think they should have come up with something to make it fit.

Axis

Well if we're going to be picky about kayfabe, the Stephanie stuff from seven years doesn't bother me. What is stupid is the fact that just a year and a half ago, Triple H was the one attacking Vince and Shane. Now he's upset that someone is hurting "his wife's father and brother."

The Rated R CMStar

I don't think he's pissed at it at all.

He got upset by it? Maybe, but what really took him out was Steph getting attacked. You didn't see him running after Orton when Shane got kicked on the head or Vince got kicked in the head.

LKP

We are supposed to think Orton kicking Vince, Shane and rko'ing steph is real. And hhh attacking Vince when he was in dx for for fun and wwe story lines.

TK.GFX

Reaction score
Did the way Trips busted threw the door remind anyone else of The Shining? I was just waiting for him to yell out, "Here's Hunter!".

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Raw was great and if they keep this up there gonna stay in the 4. area with ratings.

Great One

It is a bit odd that Triple H gets so pissed off about men hurting his wife all of a sudden. Back in the day Stephanie used to get Rock Bottomed and Stunned all the time and he wasn't this bothered.
I would have also liked to see how they explained away the fact that Triple H and Stephanie are married, even though they got kayfabe divorced 7 years ago. I guess they figured everyone knew anyway, but I still think they should have come up with something to make it fit.
The only time that this would hold true is when Austin stunned her at the anniversary (the one where Triple H actually returned), but yeah...

And as said, he didn't run out until he touched Stephanie.

Btw, the best part of that segment was when Orton was telling Triple H "NO... NO, NO!" "No, Hunter!", rofl, while pointing his finger (when he was backed up against the glass).

The Rated R CMStar

Besides, you are just nitpicking. At any point, Triple H said he LIKES Vince or Shane. He just stated the fact that Vince is old and Shane got beat defending his dad. He even said "you might or not like them".

The only storyline loop that should be talked or considered is that we saw Triple H and Steph divorce on live TV.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I couldn't help but laugh during the whole segment, The Chase. The fact that DiBiase got hit in the back and was able to get up from it, while Rhodes got it in the gut and was out for most of it. LOL'd at the yelp from DiBiase and the "NO.. NO... NO HUNTER" from Orton. And what really made me laugh was the magic sledgehammer and the running from HHH.

Whole segment had a "the killer is after us" feel to it, I like.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I liked Raw this week it was pretty good. Jericho pipers pit was good i think Jericho is doing a pretty good job at getting more heat each week. There was some good matches. I liked money in the bank qualifying match good back and fourth match and I'm glad Kane won it.
Orton/HHH promo was wicked Orton was gold on the mic. Trips played his evolution little boy scared card on Orton. But Orton was Pure classic after they agreed on the no hands on each other till mania. His taunting of RKO'ing Steph and goading trips about it was mint. And you can just see that Orton is gonna wind and wind Trips up till Mania and there is nothing Trips can do about it. I much prefer this than having them chase each other all over Raw each week.
HBK/Kozlov was good match expected the result but was still good match.
Cena/Edge good match didn't expect the ending i didn't think Cena would win, But i didn't expect Big show to be involved. All in all pretty good Raw.
I'm loving the cross brand feuds thing. I know its only because of Mania, But wish they would make it a permanent thing.

Lita_Hardy

Reaction score
Vicky luh-uvs Biig Showww

If I was Vicky, I'd cover my ass by reminding Edge of his trysts.

Great One

I so fucking called that.

03/09/2009 06:36 PM Great One

Meh, I wanted Triple H to attack Orton in his house.

03/09/2009 06:36 PM Great One

That'd be sick.

THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! This = best feud of all time, holy shit. I was also gonna say how much of an Attiude Era feel it'd have if that happened.