Last Sporting Event You Watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

wtfwtfwtf

Reaction score
Beth looks more like a man than half the men on the Raw roster.

I'd much rather see Jamie Noble or Val Venis wrestling real matches instead of Beth Phoenix. Women's wrestling in the WWE is bad enough already; we don't need it spilling over into men's wrestling as well.

But yeah, besides that and the ending/aftermatch to the main event, Raw was great.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I'm indifferent to that. Chyna failed partly because of booking, partly because of ego, and mostly because she had less charisma than Snitsky.

I'll wait a bit to see what they do with Beth and how they book her before I pass judgment.

the-gaffer

Reaction score
I kinda agree but anything with Santino is comedy gold, I would however like to see more Val Venus on RAW, he is a good worker and could put on a good early match even if it is just to job

I also don't think Beth will be portrayed as the new Chyna, I do think its just a face turn that will set up a long term feud with Nattie Niedhart

J

Monkey your forgot the most of the reason was that Chyna was jealous of Stephanie and that doesn't really work when she's the boss's daughter...and the thing bout Beth is she actually pulls of way better moves then most of the Diva's...

monkeystyle

Reaction score
That is true, but that seemed more like the breaking point. She was already out of the men's division at that time wasn't she?

J

Yea you may be right...and as for Beth...she's actually a women...most of the other people in the womens division are nothing more then girly girls...

Axis

Yeah, Beth pulled out good moves on Maria and Melina. However, she even struggled to hit a good scoop slam on Santino.

the-gaffer

Reaction score
I don't know where they are going with Beth on RAW though, apart from Katie there is no other top heel in the womans division on RAW

NinoBrown

Reaction score
RAW was good. Kane's insane, Batista is uber over and HBK/Y2J feud is getting stale like cornflakes with no milk.

Fraid to see the ending of RAW because by the sounds of it, it's another multi-cam drama-action-car scene except worse then previous ones. I really don't know where this HBK/Y2J feud is going because they've yet to face each other and this has been going on for what 2 months?

As I watched boredly as HBK stood on the stage adressing Jericho all I was sayin to my television was "Hell in a Cell" because I don't see this ending in some 15 minute one on one match up. Am I wrong to think that?

seX-Power

I don't know about Hell in a Cell, but at Summerslam, I can see the HBK/Jericho feud ending finally with a gimmick match. For me, this feud isn't getting stale as I want to see more, just a little bit repetitive.

All in all a good Raw, taking out the ending which was kinda unnecessary. I think they could have found another way to make JBL look that ruthless... but it should be a good match at the Bash.

Looking forward to the GAB, but I would like at least 1 more match.

Moonlight Drive

Were we meant to not see the 'remarks' made by Jericho, or was that just my channel?

And does anyone else suspect Shane and/or Steph to become a GM, letting Regal wrestle full time

I actually thought the best part of the show was DiBiase/Rhodes/Duyggan, I was quite surprised how all 3 went

Airfixx

...I was sayin to my television was "Hell in a Cell" because I don't see this ending in some 15 minute one on one match up. Am I wrong to think that?

Nah, I think a lot of peeps are expecting this to end in a cage match of some kind (or at least a gimmick or some sort).

You ARE wrong about this though:

they've yet to face each other and this has been going on for what 2 months?

The fued's been running since WM and they HAVE fought... 2 (or 3 I can't recall, defo 2) time already.

MC Rae

Reaction score
RAW was very good this past week, apart from the ending of course... didn't quite get that. What I'm liking about the last few RAW's is how much stuff seems to happen in each show, and how damn entertaining it all is. This week had a good balance of everything in my opinion, plenty of wrestling, promos, backstage stuff, evertything.

keep it up!

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yeah Raw kicked arse again this week. I enjoyed all the matches they were all solid. Main event owned. Santino/Beth it was OK it was what it was suppose to be just for the crack, Beth did OK she didn't look to bad she ain't no chyna tho so i hope they don't start booking her like they did chyna put her against the men, Coz IMO she wont be able to pull it off. I dont think they will it was just to make Santino look weak again.

Not sure about the ending of the show. But the rest was awsome i hope this continues for a long time :)