• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lance Storm bitch smacks TNA. (Again)

Kaedon

Reaction score
It isnt. And Lance Storm didn't say it was. He is bashing SPECIFICALLY the last iMPACT.

First, again, he's referring to the last iMPACT. At any point he said it was a constant in TNA(altough it is, not to the extreme TNA hit on last show, but as of late they have more promos than wrestling), so in here he's right.

Second, to make this point valid you should have choose RAW, not SD, the show which has given us stellar main events since moving to MyNetwork TV.

First, TNA fans aren't new, they are old smarks who CHOOSE not to take importance into this. And now, it's not really important, but still, it shouldn't happen. I bet you, if they have had HHH call Edge "Sexton", a lot of people would be jumping bitching their ass out, and in other cases coughQuintasticOnecough, screaming that kayfabe is dead.

Storm didn't make much sense in this part anyways. However, give me a break, the heels are being booked as not being as good as the Frontline? When, between them squashing Joe or them beating AJ. The truth remains, the Frontline has been booked horribly in this feud.

Now, I didn't watch this match, but normally the "in a pole" matches, the point is that when a wrestler grabs whatever it's hanging from the pole. If this was the case, then Storm was right, as why would Storm bother on climbing the pole when he already came down with it and should be able to use it.

Again, Lance Storm is bashing the last show in particular, not the entire booking of the year, so basically you just proved Storm right, as those three angles of people being booked as stupids happened during the same show. Overkill.

Last time WWE resolved their main events consecutively with the same ending?

Also, a fan of WWE wrestling, after the last PPVs, can bitch about match predicabilty.

Whatever could have happend, it still doesn't make sense that in the span of less than two hours, somebody goes from threatening someone to laughing with them. Imagine the same very thing happenign at Summerslam, with HBK and Jericho kissing on the cheek after Jericho nailed Rebecca. Also, since it seems to be your argument about it, where did Storm said the angle sucked because he didn't see it coming. He says it suck because it makes no sense. You are even having to resort to the "hey, we don't know what happened backstage" to try to explain it.

What I didn't mention in this post, Roxxi is completely right.

Another thing, Lance Storm doesn't only bash TNA. He has bashed WWE before (he had a column of the same lenght about last year ranting about how much Hornswoggle sucked and how that week's Raw (the one with HHH coming back and being on the Cabana with Carlito and Vince) had sucked.

Some things he said were nitpicking, but you can't just close your eyes and belittle what happened. TNA only put 18 minutes of wrestling in their show. That's some serious shit by itself. BTW Roxxi, the rant of Storm about the knockouts match going longer than Lethal vs Shelley wasn't exactly about it going longer than the latter, but about the fact that the latter only when for 2 MINUTES.

Also, again, at any point Lance Storm said this was a constant in TNA. He bashed only this show, so to all of you how tried to defend it saying "it's not a constant, so ha, you fail", well, fail, because he never said it was.

Random unnecessary quote....:rule:

I agree with Lance, and to call it "nit picking" is bullshit. It is what it is, a crappy show.

PeepShow

Did they confirm that? Didn't know it had any reason, just thought it was randomly added.

Either way, it's still just a noise. I mean, should every plane noise in a game/movie/music video be removed because it has to do with 9/11?

To be honest, I'm sick of anything that has to do with 9/11. Terrorism happens every single day in different parts of the world. The middle east has to live through terrorist attacks every day. It's almost as if 9/11 was the worst attack to ever happen in this world.

They don't need to confirm it. It was pretty obvious as far as I'm concerned. He has a terroristy gimmick and he had an intro with a plane noise and exploding sound after it and you don't think it had to do with 9/11? lol, k.

LadyHotrod

It could have been a coincidence <_<

Meh, to me, it's still just a sound anyways. It's a bit of a stereotype, too, if everyone hears a plane and thinks OMG MIDDLE EASTERN PEOPLE, lol.

Kaedon

Reaction score
If I was affected by the French, Id care, but considering me and 2 of my friends could take over that whole place with a plastic baseball bat and a metal coat hanger, I'll concentrate on domestic affairs tyvm.

xtremebadass

Lance Storm might have not been that essential to the wrestling business, but he sure knows his way around it. This whole article proves it because he seriously speaks the truth. From top to bottom, there is no denying anything that he said.

Cannibal

Reaction score
Lance Storm might have not been that essential to the wrestling business, but he sure knows his way around it. This whole article proves it because he seriously speaks the truth. From top to bottom, there is no denying anything that he said.
And there's no denying anything that you said as well. Storm has been from bottom to top....$40 an night to $2000 a night. And he's also one of the greatest in-ring performers ever..which is unfortunately overlooked these days. His only flaw in my opinion, is he wont take a weapon shot straight up no matter what....and his "deer in the headlights" promos.

ThePlumber702

Reaction score
Abyss is also now apparently Blue, not knowing the difference between cartoons and real life

Abyss has been wasted just like Kane his credibility has been shit on... he was the MONSTER and now hes the Childlike Mental Patient... wussupwithat?

ollie

Reaction score
Without trying to come accross as the nutcase idiot guy - I don't esecially watch wrestling for the matches anyway, mostly for the storys. I will watch quite a few matches but have no problem in skipping them at all. This seems completely backwards (especially since wrestling storylines are usually terrible, not to mention the acting) but yeah - if his breakdown of impact was accurate then good, i enjoy those shows more

And there's no denying anything that you said as well. Storm has been from bottom to top....$40 an night to $2000 a night. And he's also one of the greatest in-ring performers ever..which is unfortunately overlooked these days. His only flaw in my opinion, is he wont take a weapon shot straight up no matter what....and his "deer in the headlights" promos.

Lance Storm is NOT one of the "greatest in-ring performers ever." He was good, no doubt. But let's not throw around unfounded exaggerations.

Moonlight Drive

Certainly not one of the greatest, but one of the most underrated.

@ 'not take a weapon shot' Not taking a weapon shot from Balls Mahoney is the smart thing to do

Cannibal

Reaction score
Lance Storm is NOT one of the "greatest in-ring performers ever." He was good, no doubt. But let's not throw around unfounded exaggerations.
He's one of those guys who can wrestle a smooth flowing match and make everything look good....much like Dean Malenko...who is the greatest in my opinion. Not many guys do that anymore without the match being a total kickfest. And I'm not talking about anything that has to do with mic skills, ring psychology, or acting. I dont see how an opinion is an unfounded exaggeration. Would you care to explain since your argument has no substance to it what so ever and you've made no points besides the fact that you disagree? I assume you havent seen many of his matches...but who knows....some people take different things into consideration than others. Basically, the reason I said that Storm isone of the best in-ring performers ever is because everything he does actually has grace...as corny as it sounds....and there's not even a hint of being sloppy in any way, shape, or form. Good luck finding that in today's mainstream.....you'll need it. But I must say the last match I saw Storm in was with Bryan Danielson and that match absolutely sucked.