Kurt Angle Takes Ridiculous Shot at CM Punk Part IIII

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Drunk driving and tweeting that didn't hurt anyone no less.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Just because I'm a Punk fan doesn't get me annoyed. i just love how Dale continues to rip on anything that has to do with Punk, yet if you criticize The Rock god forbid.
Funny that because in any thread I, Cork or anyone else for that matter who paints Punk in a negative light you have a breakdown and start to get all defensive like a butthurt mark ala this thread. You've just reaffirmed everything I said in my original post :Kurt:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Why do you even care what a guy does in his own time, it's not affecting how he's portrayed on TV so doesn't really matter.

The Rock could be the biggest piece of shit on the face of the earth for all I know but he's entertaining and that's all that counts, right?

I get the Benoit stuff being off-putting, but drink driving? Drunken tweets? Standard celebrity shit on TMZ every day.

I look at wrestling the other way just like I do at any sports or entertainment. I look at the wrestler as a person, which could make me like the person more or less. It's just different views I guess and I'll defend wrestlers, who are talented and have class all day.

Funny that because in any thread I, Cork or anyone else for that matter who paints Punk in a negative light you have a breakdown and start to get all defensive like a butthurt mark ala this thread. You've just reaffirmed everything I said in my original post :Kurt:

Using the word mark makes you look so tough huh? I defend guys that are talented and are good people outside the ring, I'll always do that.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
We live in a world where celebrities have immunity to do whatever they want. Drunk Drive, Murder, Suicide, every drug known to man, abuse their wives and fans. This is nothing new. Even Wrestlers can share in on that immunity. Punk punching some fans out, Austin beating his wife, and Benoit killing his family are some examples. People will always forgive a celebrity. They don't care if they're good people, as long as they entertain you.

Angle is like Nash. He knows how to keep his name in the headlines. Even if he does work for a low, going no where, company.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
We live in a world where celebrities have immunity to do whatever they want. Drunk Drive, Murder, Suicide, every drug known to man, abuse their wives and fans. This is nothing new. Even Wrestlers can share in on that immunity. Punk punching some fans out, Austin beating his wife, and Benoit killing his family are some examples. People will always forgive a celebrity. They don't care if they're good people, as long as they entertain you.

Angle is like Nash. He knows how to keep his name in the headlines. Even if he does work for a low, going no where, company.

To be fair to go back to an ealier point, no one has really forgiven Benoit, it is not a case of forgiving or not, it is partly what was said that it is possible to seprate his talent and wrestling career from that terrible personally event, also some people including myself take the view that he wasn't himself in that moment and that the wrestling business has to take more responisbility with these things. It is one of worse things I have ever heard of and left a bad taste in peoples mouth, and that has not changed.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Angle just wants the spotlight to be on him for a second, that's it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Oh for fuck sakes, nobody has immunity to anything, they just have better lawyers.

Can't go against the ultimate judge though, public opinion. And seeing threads like these, it isn't hard to see that in full effect.

[MENTION=32]Tapout[/MENTION] lol rich people r teh EVIL!!!

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Oh for fuck sakes, nobody has immunity to anything, they just have better lawyers.

Can't go against the ultimate judge though, public opinion. And seeing threads like these, it isn't hard to see that in full effect.

Yeah, cause I totally said that. You take things to such an extreme, and put so many words in other peoples mouths that nothing you say is even believable anymore. Perfect example of an internet troll.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I'm not defending what Benoit did, but nobody "forgave" him, they just chose to accept the fact that him using the flying headbutt for god knows how many times, being suplexed on his head 350+ times a year for more than a decade, and being thrown around like a ragdoll over a long period of time probably, just probably had something to do with what he did. An unfortunate and bitter reminder on how sometimes fake wrestling, just isn't so fake after all.

As for Angle on Punk, meh....don't see the big deal, Punk's not religious and Angle is, what he said is no more damaging than what Punk said, and if you look at it from a neutral standpoint, it's Punk that comes off as the dick here, while Angle is just defending his religion. And when he said the "pope could kick his ass" I'm pretty sure he was just acting in an emotional fashion...not saying it literally. Long story short....meh. Both have their right to freedom of speech. With the rapid advent of the internet we have to scrutinize stupid shit like this that is probably going to be of no consequence in the long term.

Oh, and just reiterating Chris' point, I don't think 'IIII' is a Roman numeral.

Reactions: 2 people

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Whats clear is that the Benoit tredgy and this are two very different things and should not be metioned along side each other.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
No. What's obviously 100% clear is that Kurt Angle is probably a genius manipulator/strategist at working up the internet by posting stuff online. (By reading his comments about Swagger and Orton...and this thread in general.) As stated before his comments are probably more of an attempt to convince people to look at TNA.

The guy is probably sitting behind some expensive desk and laughing in a sinister and evil fashion looking at stuff like this no doubt. I can see it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
No. What's obviously 100% clear is that Kurt Angle is probably a genius manipulator/strategist at working up the internet by posting stuff online. (By reading his comments about Swagger and Orton...and this thread in general.) As stated before his comments are probably more of an attempt to convince people to look at TNA.

The guy is probably sitting behind some expensive desk and laughing in a sinister and evil fashion looking at stuff like this no doubt. I can see it.

Actually I would argue that it is CM Punk sitting behind some expensive desk having a good laugh at Kurt.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton

Its obvious he was talking about public opinion in regards to immunity. People just want to ignore what Benoit did, Austin gets a free pass for beating his wife but when Punk (who idolizes Austin) called out Chris Brown over beating Rihanna everyone jumped up and down about how cool Punk is and ho bad Chris is. But now all is forgiven for Chris Brown.

And drink driving isn't some innocent crime, it can end very badly, people shouldn't get a free pass just because they won a gold medal.

I'm not defending what Benoit did, but nobody "forgave" him, they just chose to accept the fact that him using the flying headbutt for god knows how many times, being suplexed on his head 350+ times a year for more than a decade, and being thrown around like a ragdoll over a long period of time probably, just probably had something to do with what he did. An unfortunate and bitter reminder on how sometimes fake wrestling, just isn't so fake after all.

As for Angle on Punk, meh....don't see the big deal, Punk's not religious and Angle is, what he said is no more damaging than what Punk said, and if you look at it from a neutral standpoint, it's Punk that comes off as the dick here, while Angle is just defending his religion. And when he said the "pope could kick his ass" I'm pretty sure he was just acting in an emotional fashion...not saying it literally. Long story short....meh. Both have their right to freedom of speech. With the rapid advent of the internet we have to scrutinize stupid shit like this that is probably going to be of no consequence in the long term.

Oh, and just reiterating Chris' point, I don't think 'IIII' is a Roman numeral.

Such a cop out he did what he did, no excuses.