Kurt Angle Takes Ridiculous Shot at CM Punk Part IIII

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Not that I really care but being conscripted into the Hitler Youth doesnt make someone a Nazi. Seems Punks the douchebag here but of couse he can do wrong by the IWC. Not that Angle doesnt do stupid shit on his twitter.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Makes no odds, Punk probably didn't have any right to say what he said, apart from freedom of speech, at the sametime its obverouslly Kurt only got involved to curse a stir.

Why wouldn't he have a right to say it? Because he's not religious or something, it was common knowledge that Benedict was a nazi.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Why wouldn't he have a right to say it? Because he's not religious or something, it was common knowledge that Benedict was a nazi.

Not that I really care but being conscripted into the Hitler Youth doesnt make someone a Nazi. Seems Punks the douchebag here but of couse he can do wrong by the IWC. Not that Angle doesnt do stupid shit on his twitter.

Seriously?

Read other peoples posts plz....saves alot of nitpicking comments about how your opinion isn't valid.

Anywho, Kurt isn't wrong in voicing his opinion, neither is Punk.

Both are wrong, but let's not get this thing called facts get in the way of opinion, because in the days on the internet......Opinion is fact.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Kurt Angle can say whatever he wants, but he's continuing to hurt his public image and continues to make a fool of himself.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Kurt Angle can say whatever he wants, but he's continuing to hurt his public image and continues to make a fool of himself.

Public image doesn't mean shit when you are a pro-wrestler.

First off, people think you are wokring them, and for all I know, they are, and secondly....Pro-wrestling is a genre of entertainment that is viewed as pron is viewed by the media and thus, not taken seriously.

Angle is going to continue to be loony and he will still be viewed as one of the best.

Hell if Benoit can be forgiven by pro-wrestling fans, then what does that tell you about public image?

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Whoever forgives Benoit is a moron. It depends how you rate wrestling and being an actual human being. I rate it pretty highly, which is why I've lost a lot of love for Angle from his DUI's to drunk twitter tirades especially the WM 27 rants about Orton and Swagger.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Whoever forgives Benoit is a moron. It depends how you rate wrestling and being an actual human being. I rate it pretty highly, which is why I've lost a lot of love for Angle from his DUI's to drunk twitter tirades especially the WM 27 rants about Orton and Swagger.

Doesn't take much for you to judge someone does it?

A few minor indiscretions from Angle, he is a nut, and he is a mark for himself, but I like to ask, what pro-wrestler isn't? I doubt you will ever find a man who is normal when they choose a vain, sports based entertainment genre as their job.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Not many pro wrestlers have been arrested four times. I agree most of them are crazy, but at least a good batch stay clean from trouble.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I doubt anyone ever really "forgave" Chris Benoit. If anything, some wrestling fans (myself included) choose to separate "Benoit the wrestler" from "Benoit the murderer" so they can still enjoy the amazing things he did during his wrestling career. Regardless of what he did during the final hours of his life, he is still arguably the greatest pure wrestler in the history of mankind. If he had been a flash in the pan like Billy Gunn or a Paul Roma, I doubt anyone would care enough to make that distinction. But there's absolutely nothing wrong with admiring his career as a wrestling fan.

The same can be said about all these wrestlers who taint their image progressively over the course of their career. Angle is a nutjob, no doubt, but much like Benoit he's also one of the greatest the profession has ever seen. I don't have time to hold grudges when it comes to entertainment, but if their actions personally affected me or someone I know, then I would see things differently. I think it's safe to say both Angle and Benoit never affected anyone on this forum on a personal level.

Reactions: 1 person

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
And you have a wife beater amongst your favourite wrestlers :hm:

It's obvious your pissed off because he was firing back at your beloved Punk and not because of what he said. I mean, would you have been so pissed off if if Angle vented on someone you didn't like? I doubt it.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
"To WWE wrestlers, Don't use my Finish. Get more Creative. Hmmmm- Orton. Did I say that."

"I heard Orton had an Awesome match though. Ur welcome. Lol."

"I guess Swagger will use my Ankle Lock as well.Very creative. I'm the Best in the World. You Guys will never be Kurt Angle.can I get an AMEN."

"Kurt Angle will never die. TNA. WWE. I'm a leader. Not follower."

"Why would WWE use my finishes? Is it because I won't go back? R Orton- Angle Slam. M Cole- Ankle Lock? They have some nerve."

"Jerry Lawlor did it too. But He is a Legend. WWE really stuck it to Me.No Love lost. I'm glad that I helped Your biggest Event of the Year:)"

Those were Angle's tweets from Wrestlemania 27, which was just absolutely pathetic. I was pissed off when Angle did this and I don't remember a mention of Punk. Dale that was a stupid post, seriously use some logic. You know by now i'm a regular poster that uses logic and throughly responds to things. Stop trying to be a troll when you are actually a smart guy.

As for Austin, it was terrible what he did but he didn't continue to go down a downward spiral. Edge cheated on one of his good friend's girlfriends, that's awful but eventually the relationship wore off between Edge and Lita. Punk has done some unflattering things too from calling that Aussie fan a homo. Even some of my favorites have caused trouble.

Everyone has done some bad things, but it seems like every 3 to 6 months Angle is ranting on twitter being a bitter douche, along with getting arrested 3 times during his TNA run. There is a long list of Angle causing trouble, that is why I continue to lose a lot of respect for the guy, who was once the best wrestler in the world and guy who was proud to look up to.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I thought Dale made a valid point actually. You seem to demand that every wrestler be a good little boy their entire lives and never screw up once. I'd say Austin out-did Angle tbh.

Besides, reading those tweets, they come across as nothing but trolling. There's no way he's serious considering Ken Shamrock was doing the ankle lock in WWF the moment Angle showed up. I seriously doubt Angle is dumb enough to think everyone who uses that move owes him credit for it. If anything, he was trying to get a little attention during Mania season since he knows no one on earth gives a damn about TNA in March.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Lol, resorting to saying i'm trolling because you didn't like what I replied with? :lmao

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Angle has been caught multiple times drinking and driving, while possibly endangering people's lives. I'm not going to get into a morality argument here because we have different views on wrestlers. I just envision that they should be class acts after going past their prime. Sure they have their miscues, but nothing is worse than being bitter. To me, Nash talking about Bryan/Punk and Eddie/Benoit was trolling. Angle is different and just comes off bitter.

Just because I'm a Punk fan doesn't get me annoyed. i just love how Dale continues to rip on anything that has to do with Punk, yet if you criticize The Rock god forbid.

As for Austin, it was terrible what he did but he didn't continue to go down a downward spiral. Edge cheated on one of his good friend's girlfriends, that's awful but eventually the relationship wore off between Edge and Lita. Punk has done some unflattering things too from calling that Aussie fan a homo. Even some of my favorites have caused trouble.

Clearly you missed that post above, I don't expect everyone to be clean. Just think after you hit 40, you should put over people in the company and not consistently trash things. Kurt Angle has constantly criticized Punk for what reason? If it's not bitterness, then I'm not sure.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Why do you even care what a guy does in his own time, it's not affecting how he's portrayed on TV so doesn't really matter.

The Rock could be the biggest piece of shit on the face of the earth for all I know but he's entertaining and that's all that counts, right?

I get the Benoit stuff being off-putting, but drink driving? Drunken tweets? Standard celebrity shit on TMZ every day.