• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaval released

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Some comments via twitter about the release.

Jim Ross posted the following on Twitter following the news of Kaval's release:

"Kaval's release from WWE surprised me. Don't know the circumstances. Kaval won't have any issues finding work. I wish him my best."

Here are some other comments:

Jeremy Borash: "Very grateful to be working for a company that gives out bonus checks at Christmas instead of walking papers."

Shelton Benjamin: "I guess my question is would you rather see him as a jobber for Wwe or the Indy phenom that he had been"

Hurricane Helms: "U gotta be f***ing kidding!!!"

MVP in response to Helms: "Yeah so we were just talking about shit that doesn't make any sense ... LOL"

John Cena posted the following on Twitter:

"CeNation. Behind as always. I guess wwe has released kaval. I have no clue why but this close to holiday would probally mean....... That it is pretty serious business."

Baller

Reaction score
J.R.: The obvious statement made by him. Usually does for all released big names.

Borash: Yeah but Kaval's walking papers are worth more then your paycheck so STFU

Benjamin: Makes a very good point

Helms and MVP: Don't no exactly what to say as it isnt clear they are talking on Kaval

Cena: True point there, kaval really had to fuck up.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I didn't like him anyway, so I'm laughing. But it does prove even further how stupid it was to not have Riley win NXT. He was the only one who shows potential to be a star.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Considering that would have meant possibly Riley on Smackdown and them having nothing for him to go with the fact that he got the dui this thread could have easily been about Riley.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Joey Styles' tweet:

If TNA doesn't immediately sign Kaval (who won NXT based on wwe.com fans and wrestlers votes), I've no idea what they look for in wrestlers

Kizza

Reaction score
Fucking joke.

Easily one of the most talent guys in ring in the company. How about WWE try to stick to something for once? Give a guy a chance to get over? Danielson was lucky to do it, and Del Rio only did it by beating up a fan favourite.

What's the point of signing the guy if A) You already have who you want to win in NXT picked out and B) If you aren't going to do anything with him? So what if he won NXT, it shows more people liked him than Riley. Use it. Push him for fuck's sake, don't just have him float around the midcard and job to hacks like Drew.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Things like this make me wish ECW was still around as he would have at least got a fair shot there.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Agreed about ECW as it was necessary to keep guys like him, MVP, and so on happy and with jobs.

I'll say it again, LayCool made Kaval on WWE tv. I don't think WWE really intended for their act to get him over and work out so well, but the second that they pulled the plug on his association with them was the second his career failed. He had no character outside of his interactions with those two and them acting like sisters/mothers for him.

As for Riley, he could have possibly won if he would have been able to actually work the majority of NXT, but a head injury he suffered in FCW hurt him and restricted his chances to shine outside of Miz putting him over on the mic.

Jay

Reaction score
Kaval being reales is bull shit. He may not have been the best, but who is to blame?

But from what i heard, he seems to burn his bridge alot.

AF.

Reaction score
They definitely didn't get their usage out of him. Guy can put out 4 star matches on a weekly basis.

If they ever bring him back, they should do it right. Give him a mask and a high profile feud to begin with.

Reaction score
He apparently asked for his release because he couldn't handle the schedule. Stupid decision by him if that's truely the case.

@ Pyro - Riley is fucking terrible, it's a shame that when he got concussed in FCW he wasn't put on the injury list for a lot longer.

AF.

Reaction score
Well, SmackDown's writers really need to look at themselves, WWE management needs to get on their case. It isn't hard to book a fucking feud at all.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I haven't heard anything about it being about the schedule, and if that was the case that would be confusing since everyone knows what they are getting into when they come to WWE. I just think simply Smackdown writers somehow convinced the higher ups that he was useless even though it's the other way around.