Kaval released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Baller

Reaction score
World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE SmackDown Superstar Kaval (Brandon Silvestry) as of today, December 23, 2010. We wish Kaval the best in all future endeavor

So that explains the jobbing on Tuesday. Thats what happens when you bitch and moan on twitter

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
What did he say on twitter? But this is lame thought he could have done pretty well in WWE and pretty shocking since he won NXT.

Baller

Reaction score
He retweeted this
WWE chose to waste time at TLC by putting Big Show in a santa suit instead of putting you in a match, (cont)

But this really hurt the legitimacy of NXT imo. Next breakout star to be released within 5 months of the competition

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Thought that tweet is so true maybe he shouldn't have retweeted that though that is stupid to get in trouble for.

Baller

Reaction score
Thought that tweet is so true maybe he shouldn't have retweeted that though that is stupid to get in trouble for.

I could understand having him job one time, but to release him is a little much. Hopefully they bring him back or dare I say go back to TNA, even though i hate TNA.

Kairi

Reaction score
oh wow, i liked him, does do nothing for nxt though as far as credible.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Unless the fans start chanting "Kaval" and makes WWE have to bring him back he's probably done. Back to the indies he goes I guess.

Baller

Reaction score
Unless the fans start chanting "Kaval" and makes WWE have to bring him back he's probably done. Back to the indies he goes I guess.

I doubt the fans chant him, he is definitely no Bryan Danielson. He probably will go to Japan, he burned the bridge with ROH.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Was wondering what the deal was with him and ROH as last I heard there was pretty much no chance he went back there.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- The word in WWE is that Kaval (known as Low Ki on the independents circuit) was released because the company didn't have any plans for him, and as such it was an amicable departure by the winner of NXT Season 2.

It's unlikely Kaval will be working for any nationally televised companies any time soon due to the typical 90 day no-compete clause.

The high flyer was signed by World Wrestling Entertainment in 2008 and spent a lot of time in WWE developemental before he was brought up to NXT.
You don't have any plans in place for the NXT winner? Good job creative, good job :rolleyes:

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
He's hardly been in a feud since his debut on Smackdown. He had the losing streak going for him, he then won a match against Dolph. And then cashed his title win from NXT and lost to him for the IC title at Survivor Series.

Then on Smackdown this week, he loses in under a minute to Drew McIntyre. Quite possibly they could've done an angle in future weeks but the end result would've been the same afterwards. Him doing nothing. So the right thing IMO was for them to release him.

SAL

Reaction score
If a guy can put on great 7-8 minute matches in the undercard, why do you need a plan for him? Put him on TV, let him get over. There's a plan!

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Smackdown's creative sucks plain and simple. They have no plans for anyone really it seems so releasing him cause of that is stupid since that claim can be made for a good bit of Smackdown talent. They really need a total creative make over for Smackdown because they are making the show shit for a show that used to be about pushing young talent and showcasing in ring skills.

Baller

Reaction score
I believe Michael Hayes will be fired soon, but Sal has the right plan here.