Just Call Kurt Angle A Legend

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Christian

Reaction score
Compare Kurt Angle to Ric Flair if you want to see how much of a "legend" Kurt Angle really is.

Montana

You guys gotta be insane if you think Kurt Angle is in the same breathe as Ric Flair. Seriously, Ric Flair did more before you guys were born than kurt angle has acomplished in his career. He made the NWA championship what is was. He had a company on his back. Flair was a main eventer for almost 30 years. I'd like to see how anyone can compare ric flairs 30 year career to kurt angles 5 year career. I dont even think Kurt Angle is in Bret Harts league yet.

Reaction score
You guys gotta be insane if you think Kurt Angle is in the same breathe as Ric Flair. Seriously, Ric Flair did more before you guys were born than kurt angle has acomplished in his career. He made the NWA championship what is was. He had a company on his back. Flair was a main eventer for almost 30 years. I'd like to see how anyone can compare ric flairs 30 year career to kurt angles 5 year career. I dont even think Kurt Angle is in Bret Harts league yet.

Kurt Angle Was Wrestling for 9 Years but that still can't compete with Ric Flair

Reaction score
Ric Flair is over rated.

Wow, someone just lost a lot of credibility.

Ever seen his matches with Steamboat? How about Tatsumi Fujinami? Do you even know who Tatsumi Fujinami is? How about his matches with Jumbo Tsuruta? Sting? Terry Funk? Harley Race? Wahoo Mcdaniel?

I'm guessing not. Now, I won't just blurt out that Flair is the greatest of all time. But if someone were to actually consider and review all possibilities, he could be the one that IS the best. He isn't overrated in any sense, and if for some outlandish reason you think he is, the least you could do is back it up. Thanks.

Reaction score
Wow, someone just lost a lot of credibility.

Ever seen his matches with Steamboat? How about Tatsumi Fujinami? Do you even know who Tatsumi Fujinami is? How about his matches with Jumbo Tsuruta? Sting? Terry Funk? Harley Race? Wahoo Mcdaniel?

I'm guessing not. Now, I won't just blurt out that Flair is the greatest of all time. But if someone were to actually consider and review all possibilities, he could be the one that IS the best. He isn't overrated in any sense, and if for some outlandish reason you think he is, the least you could do is back it up. Thanks.

People talk about him to much. He should be inducted into the Hall of Fame and retire. Instead of making him face someone who is completely useless such as Khali...

Reaction score
People talk about him to much. He should be inducted into the Hall of Fame and retire. Instead of making him face someone who is completely useless such as Khali...

Well, you kinda just changed around everything you just said. You went from saying he's overrated to saying he should retire (which I agree with). So...do you really think he's been overrated throughout his career or just think he should retire now? Or both??

Montana

How does facing the Great Khali NOT make him a legend? You didnt answer the question. "people talk about him so much??" Yeah, And???
Just because he's wrestling past him prime, doesnt take away what he's accomplished, if anything we should appreciate flair even more. He's still great on the mic, and can help the younger guys out. Ric Flair deticated his life to wrestling, and this is the thanks you give him?

xtremebadass

You can't call him a legend, he is still a roughly young man. Sure you can call Pre-Hall of Fame Ric Flair a legend, because he is old. Angle, sure all of his resume' is HOF material, but calling him a legend now would be a little premature, see what happened with Benoit? Who knows.

Reaction score
Well, you kinda just changed around everything you just said. You went from saying he's overrated to saying he should retire (which I agree with). So...do you really think he's been overrated throughout his career or just think he should retire now? Or both??

Both. I think he should retire that way people wouldn't talk so much. All that everyone mentions is 16 time champ. Nothing else really...

Reaction score
Both. I think he should retire that way people wouldn't talk so much. All that everyone mentions is 16 time champ. Nothing else really...

Umm no offense, but everyone talks about his feud with Steamboat, his first title win over Harley Race, his legacy with the Four Horsemen, and really the way basically single handedly kept NWA alive in the 80's.

I think you could have missed the boat on Flair somewhere along the line...

Montana

he's "just" 16 time world champ?? Come on, when you've won the world belt 16 times, the mid card and tag belts dont matter.

Mid-Atlantic Tag Team titles w/Rip Hawk defeating Paul Jones & Bob Bruggers (July 4, 1974);
Mid-Atlantic Television title defeating Paul Jones (1975);
NWA World Tag Team titles w/Greg Valentine defeating Gene & Ole Anderson (December 26, 1976);
Mid-Atlantic Television title defeating Rufus R. Jones (1977);
Mid-Atlantic Tag Team titles w/Greg Valentine defeating Dino Bravo & Tiger Conway Jr (June 30, 1977);
NWA United States title defeating Bobo Brazil (September 1977);
NWA World Tag Team titles w/Greg Valentine defeating Gene & Ole Anderson (October 30, 1977);
NWA United States title defeating Mr. Wrestling (May 1978);
NWA (Mid-Atlantic) Tag Team titles w/John Studd defeating ???? & ???? (June 30, 1978);
NWA (Mid-Atlantic) Tag Team titles w/John Studd defeating Paul Jones & Ricky Steamboat (October 30, 1978);
NWA United States title defeating Ricky Steamboat (April 1, 1979);
NWA World Tag Team titles w/Blackjack Mulligan defeating Baron Von Raschke & Paul Jones (August 8, 1979);
NWA United States title defeating Greg Valentine (November 24, 1980);
NWA United States title defeating Jimmy Snuka (April 19, 1981);
NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Dusty Rhodes (September 17, 1981);
Missouri Heavyweight title defeating David von Erich (July 15, 1983)
NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Harley Race (November 24, 1983);
NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Harly Race (March 24, 1984);
NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Kerry von Erich (May 24, 1984 in Japan);
NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Dusty Rhodes (August 7, 1986);
NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Ron Garvin (November 26, 1987);
NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Ricky Steamboat (May 7, 1989);
NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Sting (January 11, 1991);
NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Tatsumi Fujinami (May 19, 1991);
WWF Royal Rumble Winner (January 19, 1992);
WWF Heavyweight title by winning the Royal Rumble (January 19, 1992);
WWF Heavyweight title defeating Randy Savage (September 1, 1992);
NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Barry Windham (July 18, 1993);
WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Vader (December 27, 1993);
WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Ricky Steamboat (March 24, 1994);
WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Sting (June 23, 1994);
WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Randy Savage (December 25, 1995);
WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Randy Savage (February 11, 1996);
WCW United States title defeating Konnan (July 7, 1996);
WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Hulk Hogan (March 14, 1999);
WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Jeff Jarrett (May 15, 2000);
WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Kevin Nash (May 29, 2000);
OnlineWorldofWrestling.com Hall of Fame Inductee (2003);
(WWE) World Tag Team titles w/Batista defeating The Dudley Boyz in a Tag Team Turmoil match (Armageddon 2003);
(WWE) World Tag Team titles w/Batista defeating Booker T & Rob Van Dam (March 22, 2004 - RAW);
WWE Intercontinental title defeating Carlito Cool (September 18, 2005 - Unforgiven);
(WWE) World Tag Team titles w/Roddy Piper defeating The Spirit Squad (November 5, 2006);