Just Call Kurt Angle A Legend

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

gashface

Reaction score
i agree with ya..you could have mentioned one more thing in the list ( note : he's a olympic gold medalist as well )..he's a legend already..dont htink he's got anything to prove to anyone..ever since he's come to TNA,their ratings have improved..they r riding on his shoulders now..what HHH is to WWE is what Angle is to TNA..period!

Were exactly is the proof that the ratings improved? As far I'm aware they went from 1 to 1.3 for the first few shows then went back down again.

Kurt Angle is a talented individual but I agree, TNA are abandoning all of their future talent, like Joe, Daniels, and Styles to give him screen time. Bad move.

NooDLE

Reaction score
remember dub dub ee kurt angle????????

dum dum da da da dum dum dum da dum dum dum da

YOU SUCK

YOU SUCK

YOU SUCK

YOU SUCK

dum da da dum dum da dum dum da

ITS FREAKIN DAMN REAL

Reaction score
remember dub dub ee kurt angle????????

dum dum da da da dum dum dum da dum dum dum da

YOU SUCK

YOU SUCK

YOU SUCK

YOU SUCK

dum da da dum dum da dum dum da

ITS FREAKIN DAMN REAL

.............................................OKKKKKKKKK UMMMMMM.............AND YOUR POINT IS

Reaction score
Kurt's mic skills are awesome too...great heel, also look at the 2000-03 version of him

C4

Kurt Angle is the Greatest Wrestler in the world today and nobody can argue, I have been a Kurt Angle fan since 2001 and I love him so much!
He can really make a Great Match look Awesome and can make a good match look fantastic even a boring lame match looks good when Kurt Angle is in it. He is one heck of a Superstar and TNA needs him and he needs TNA, they both meet and Rock. Kurt Angle for life Brother.

kinganarchy13

Reaction score
few things about his accomplishments:

he never won the NWA Title. the NWA stripped Christian of the title, who then lost to Angle. The title was vacated the previous day and the NWA did not sanction a title match.

the IWGP title he has now is the IGF/NWA Japan Title. the only reason they use that belt is because a new one hasnt been made for the IGF yet.

but yeah, he's accomplished more than anyone history.

Reaction score
And this may be over-rated. But he is a Olympic Gold Medalist...
So that means he was one of the best mat wrestlers in the world at the time.
Kurt is awesome. If you ask me...And this is just me...Samoa Joe is over-rated. People have been telling me how awesome he is. But when I started to watch TNA about 3 months ago...He hasn't been impressive at all...Kurt Angle>Samoa Joe

Reaction score
Kurt Angle is the Greatest Wrestler in the world today and nobody can argue, I have been a Kurt Angle fan since 2001 and I love him so much!
He can really make a Great Match look Awesome and can make a good match look fantastic even a boring lame match looks good when Kurt Angle is in it. He is one heck of a Superstar and TNA needs him and he needs TNA, they both meet and Rock. Kurt Angle for life Brother.

Umm, no he isn't. He's not even close. I could make a laundry list of names that are better than Angle, as all he's done is keep Joe out of the spotlight in TNA. You cannot actually LIKE the current feud between Joe and Angle right now. You cannot ACTUALLY say that the right booking was made at HJ in their match.

Your coming off as a huge fanboy who doesn't watch anything but TNA right now, just so you realize...

Reaction score
And this may be over-rated. But he is a Olympic Gold Medalist...
So that means he was one of the best mat wrestlers in the world at the time.
Kurt is awesome. If you ask me...And this is just me...Samoa Joe is over-rated. People have been telling me how awesome he is. But when I started to watch TNA about 3 months ago...He hasn't been impressive at all...Kurt Angle>Samoa Joe

Watch Joe's ROH stuff on google video. Joe hasn't had nearly as many good/great matches in TNA as he's had in ROH. Guaranteed you'll change your mind if you watch those.

Reaction score
Watch Joe's ROH stuff on google video. Joe hasn't had nearly as many good/great matches in TNA as he's had in ROH. Guaranteed you'll change your mind if you watch those.

That's what I was thinking. So i'll go take a look at that and see if I have an epiphany over Joe.

Montana

A legend??? I dont think so. That word gets tossed aroudn too much.

Half of those titles don't mean much. Tag belts and mid card belts dont make you a legend. He's not the last NWA champ as Danielson is about to win the belt. Also the first TNA champ, is like the same thing. So really his major accomplishments only happened between 2003-2005 in the wwe. A 2 or 3 run at the top doesnt make you a legend. Also, in case you didnt know, tna is like the minor leagues in wrestling.

Reaction score
^ Yes, exactly.

Legends are guys like Mitsuharu Misawa, Jumbo Tsuruta, Ric Flair, Terry Funk, Dory Funk Jr., Stone Cold, Jushin Liger, etc, etc.

Not a guy that was dastardly over pushed wayyy to early in his career. Has Angle put on a few amazing matches? Yes. Has he had enough more or less consistently to put him among legends status? No. Has his mic work been extremely entertaining at times? Yes. Has his mic work been consistently good enough not to get stale? No way.

Angle is a solid performer. But he hasn't had that consistent streak of greatness in which I can truly call him a legend.

Weebo

Reaction score
well Kurt never won the Royal Rumble and he never won a match in the main event at Wrestlemania