John Cena vs. The Rock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who wins at WM?

• John Cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
source..?

Meltz and all the other news sites back in the day. Taker was supposed to take the belt off of Triple H in 2000 (hence why he tombstoned him on his return) but he didn't want it. And he was offered it a couple of times between then and when he took it off Hogan. Didn't want it, liked his schedule and not the work load that comes with being champ. Hated Hogan for holding him back in 91 but was happy to take it off him when Hogan's nostalgia pops ran dry after a few weeks.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Meltz and all the other news sites back in the day. Taker was supposed to take the belt off of Triple H in 2000 (hence why he tombstoned him on his return) but he didn't want it. And he was offered it a couple of times between then and when he took it off Hogan. Didn't want it, liked his schedule and not the work load that comes with being champ. Hated Hogan for holding him back in 91 but was happy to take it off him when Hogan's nostalgia pops ran dry after a few weeks.

I remember that too. If you remember too, that match was horriable even by Hogan standards, cause neither one of them wanted to sell for eachother.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Poll added. Not sure if people are going to vote for who they WANT to win or who they THINK will win.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Because people are still not going to read it the right way and still vote for who they want. It won't matter.

And votes don't need to be public, but if you're going to cry about it so you can call people stupid for their votes later, then fine. Jesus christ you complain more than me and I didn't think that way possible.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
If it makes TDK happy:

Poll 'Who wins at WM?' in thread 'John Cena vs. The Rock'
Help Who wins at WM?
The Rock: JoMo & the Smoothies
John Cena: the dark knight

Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.3 Patch Level 1 Copyright © 2012 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

fuzzy

Reaction score
I like the Rock, can't stand Cena, not sure who wud win this match i do think that cena will somehow pull off a victory, but who actually deserves to win the match?

fuzzy

Reaction score
well he has F&F movie set for later this yr, so i'm sure he'll be around most likely till SummerSlam, going bk and forth with Cena, he als has another movie that's cming ut arund SS, so deending on how many tmes he returns to prmte in a way of not prmoting his movies, i Cena is gonna win WM28 with a rematchh at WM29 where the rock wud win....after that who knows wat they'll do ?

nation

Reaction score
Shut the fuck up, Enzo. You really this butthurt? Rude was a better heel than Roberts and definitely Hennig. It's common sense why but I still explained it just for you. Get over it. I gave you everyone else and I was clearly trolling about Austin if you really couldn't tell. But on topic, first so glad nobody mentioned The Rock's "notes" on his arm. Christ, you're legit Blue if you think it's not a work. This guy is an actor who learns fucking scripts and Rock has never been caught, called out or even rumored to have ever pulled this shit. It's just a desperate way to get Cena a little over, I'm just surprised Rock allowed. Lastly, on topic Mania is in fucking Miami and apparently Rock is sticking around longer so it's a lock, he is winning.

nation

Reaction score
LOL, oh figures TDK is Blue and mentions it. It's called acting and selling a promo. If Rock just owns Cena every time, Cena looks weak. Though Rock is winning, there will be a re match and Cena will win that.

Reaction score
Nation said:
Shut the fuck up, Enzo. You really this butthurt? Rude was a better heel than Roberts and definitely Hennig. It's common sense why but I still explained it just for you. Get over it. I gave you everyone else and I was clearly trolling about Austin if you really couldn't tell.

No you weren't, you were serious. Nation, you're a putz. Your arguments are based on "because I said so" and broad generalizations. You point to the moon and say it's made of cheese because it looks like it. You're a German apologist that claims there was no Holocaust because you say so. You can say what you want and claim it as "common sense" but it doesn't change the fact you don't know what you're talking about and have been pwned by basically everyone you engage in debate with. Disguise your poor tactics however you wish to, the fact wont change that you're a tool that doesn't know how to argue outside of "anger. shout. I'm rite becuz I say so."

Axis

Reaction score
Their segment on Raw ruled. Realllly stoked for that match, even more so than before. I just sat hoping one of them would throw a punch after things got heated, so good job on their part there. I look forward to the eventual THROW DOWN~, even if it's not until Mania.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Yeah, you could clearly tell Rock was mad, and it wasn't just him "acting" and "getting all emotional." There's quiet a big difference and you would never see Rock the way he was on Monday had this been a regular promo with Austin or HHH ten years ago. This was so different and it's obvious that there is some legit heat between the two. How much is not really known, but Rock was definitely pissed.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I still don't think Rock was aware that Cena was going to interrupt him; and I don't believe Rock liked that shit. And if it was unplanned, WWE making Rock flustered and upset, I don't know why it's so hard for you all to believe that Cena is going over Rock at Mania.

Reaction score
I don't know why it's so hard for you all to believe that Cena is going over Rock at Mania.

I don't know why it's so hard for you to believe your being worked. That's not a shot, don't take it as one. It's a generalization.

I don't believe anything you guys are talking about being unplanned or unscripted. The Rock's "notes" on his hand were there on purpose. Cena came out on purpose. Using smark words like "promo"and making it seem like a shoot as much as possible is by design. JR going out of his way to spread the "news" that there's tension between the Rock and the E furthers this point.

Here's how I see it:
The E is going for a split crowd. A year ago it seemed suicidal. Two weeks ago it seemed suicidal. Ten minutes left on Raw this week it seemed suicidal. The Rock had the crowd eating his asshole the whole promo, and if you think the Rock needs notes to cut a promo, your undercutting the Rock and you just might be Blue. Dude has never needed notes, didn't need notes after a multi-year absence when he returned last year, didn't need them around Survivor Series, so I don't know why he would need him now. He's up there with Piper as one of the greatest improv promos ever. It's a brilliant nuance to brilliant booking.

So, the crowd was busy eating the Rock out and shitting on Cena by Rock's command. Cena comes out, cuts ANOTHER great fucking promo (where are the Cena haters, btw?) and the Rock fucking sold it like the pro he is. They FINALLY broke the barrier between Rock's assumed superiority (why they can't do this with their full time, non-Cena non Attitude era wrestlers is beyond me) and Cena's role as the whipping boy by humanizing the Rock. Rock proved why he is where he is in life with this promo. His nuances, facials and body language, you can't teach that. You have it or you don't. Rock has it, it's why his movie career has been as absurdly successful (it's not about what kind of movies he makes, it's the fact of the matter that he is a highly bankable, in demand star and no amount of stupid nay saying can disprove this) as it has been. With Cena's awesome promo and Rocks ability to sell a verbal beating, the E got the split crowd they are looking for heading into Mania, humanized the Rock and put some momentum behind Cena.

The E is getting as much hype around this match as possible and doing an excellent job at it. One of their biggest successes is their ability to work the hardcore, smark fans. They got people talking when Daniel Bryan choked Grish with the tie and they worked the fuck out of us this past summer with Punk. Most smarks won't admit they were worked, but from what I witnessed here and abroad, most of us got worked. But everyone on the internet feels they know how to run a successful wrestling promotion and can't stand being worked. There's not one thing going on in this feud that isn't planned, if you think so, you're being worked. BUT...it's good to be worked. It's what takes us from smarkism back to where we need to be; markism. We question, wonder and theorize as opposed to critique, criticize and complain. Wrestling is exciting and refreshing right now as opposed to formulaic and predictable.

All that being said, the E is getting the split crowd they wanted. A crowd hasn't been this split since Austin-Rock at 17. The only thing is this split wont carry over to Mania, it's in the Rock's hometown, Cena is going to get martyred by the crowd. Anywhere else besides Miami and perhaps New York and this goes down perfectly to the E's delight. I don't see it happening, but I hope I'm wrong, there's no fun in watching a show you know the end outcome to.

As well, I wholeheartedly agree with the logic that Cena needs to win. There is no reason or value in having the Rock win. I know he isn't going to refuse the job. This man has put everyone he has worked with over in some form or fashion from the WWE's cramming Triple H down our throats in late 99 when he wasn't ready, to the Hurricane, Jeff Hardy and Goldberg in his last full time run just like he didn't come back because he needs the money, he came back because he legitimately loves the sport that made him. Hogan wouldn't of come back to wrestling if he hadn't as bombed as miserably as he had in Hollywood, let alone he picked up his asshole politicking ways when he returned. Rock remembers where he came from, is loyal to those who made him the star he is and is giving them a shot in the arm when they desperately need it.

Again, all that being said, with some of the terrible decisions the E has made over the last decade and the fact that Triple H points it out so much lately that there is a premium on the Attitude Era superstars, meanwhile burying the roster they have now, I don't know if the E is smart enough to do what is right and risk making a Hollywood movie star look like a WWE superstar despite the fact that the movie starr came back to be a super star one more time. They've proven it by having Jericho get beat up by a 50+ year old Mickey Rourke, Show jobbing to a guy 75% smaller than him, and then revisiting that again this past monday. I hope they do whats right, I know it won't be on the Rock's request to have him win.

And THAT's why I don't believe Cena will go over. Admittingly, though, I am 50-50 after Monday. I for one, am excited as fuck for this match and can't wait for the next Raw and every Raw until Mania. It is fucking good to be a wrestling fan right now.