John Cena vs. The Rock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who wins at WM?

• John Cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Promo is a smark word? What the fuck would you call it then? A segment? Promo is just short for promotion, which is pretty much exactly what they are doing. Trying to build and promote for their match at Mania.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Pretty sure nobody was interviewing in this instance. Good try though.

Reaction score
"(WRESTLER) will be here tonight to address the WWE universe, with a promo". Yup, the word is thrown around all over tv so the casual fan knows what it means. Nice try though.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Yeah, because you wouldn't say promo. You wouldn't say interview either. You don't hear Cole say "Lets go back to Josh Mathews who's about to interview The Rock." He would say "standing by" or "to get his thoughts." It's just common knowledge. Stop being so pretentious.

Reaction score
Stop trying to back peddle. It's a smark term. It's not used on tv, the casual fan doesn't know what it means. That line was aimed at the hardcore smarks to get them to gush. The E is on to us, with the line of smark shirts they are making and what not. See you when the Bulls get trounced by the Silver and Black Attack, *kissy face smiley*

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

...god...

Reaction score
I still don't think Rock was aware that Cena was going to interrupt him; and I don't believe Rock liked that shit. And if it was unplanned, WWE making Rock flustered and upset, I don't know why it's so hard for you all to believe that Cena is going over Rock at Mania.
How does this even make sense? Why would Rock STAY if the WWE made him upset................. anyways, thank god Enzo posted something good finally. I was literally about to cry when Monk said The Rock may be the most overrated wrestler because of this obviously worked promo, even if he did fuck up this promo, how about the other thousand he's nailed... yeah, ok. Even last year the guy came back just as good as ever and tore it up, his return promo, brilliant. Newsflash, this is the same Rock that left in 2004, it's not the Rock in late 90's/2000, and that's fine, he's not that character anymore and that product doesn't exist. Triple H is the same, Taker the same, Austin, etc. and so forth. I'm fine with, since he's still better than anyone and you'd have to be dumb not to see that. Surprised but not surprised how well this is building, like I didn't expect Rock to make that so clutch, but part of me doesn't like that Cena is getting admiration even though it's so fucking genius as just pointed out. Just the thought of him getting cheered or praised over Rock is kinda sickening. But fuck, if he got cheered at Wrestlemania over Rock (won't happen, but still) how fucking funny would that be, repeat of history. Mega excited for this, and I'll definitely be at Wrestlemania and no way in hell smurf Cena is getting cheered.

They're probably bill it as Cena finally one-upping The Rock all next week on Raw to really certify their intent. I like the Cena/Rock one week, then HHH/Taker next week build simulating.

...god...

Reaction score
it's sports entertainment... they're building a story.

...god...

Reaction score
wat. point is his credibility doesn't matter since they're trying to help Cena because no one will cheer for his dumb ass.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
So wait, my suggesting that WWE did something unscripted is outrageous? They've never done something unscripted before?

Reaction score
i hate you but im with you on this.

@nation and enzo

you guys are tools. if you re-read my post, you'd see me saying HE LOOKED OFF SINCE THE BEGINNING. he didn't say "finally the rock has come back" till raw went off the air (you can watch it on youtube). the guy was legit frustrated or upset for some reason he couldn't even talk straight, thus he actually used notes this time just in case. they might have scripted cena to interrupt, but calling him out on his notes wasn't a part of it, that im sure of. you guys have any idea how much it'd hurt his credibility? obv he never used notes before, but also he was never as nervous before in the ring.

Meh, I'd rather be a tool than a tool in denial. You can think what you think and I'll do the same. You're under cutting the Rock's ability severely, ignoring the fact that if something really did happen there would be more concrete evidence in the dirt sheets than those "sources" that were feeding rubbish to dirt sheets when Punk and Bryan's works went down. And there's stories saying that the segment was designed to make Cena look like the victor. I'm leaning towards the latter as "sources" mislead and worked the IWC with the Punk and Bryan episodes and the Rock, in his time acting has obviously progressed in areas wrestlers can't, and sold it like a champ. The Rock is smart, knows whats best for business and the E is going for the split crowd, right now everything is working out perfectly. There's buzz around the net, casual fans and they finally put Cena on equal footing with the Rock. You can keep hypothesizing, but I'm certain you and so many others are caught up in the work. Again, you can believe what you want and I'll do the same, tool.

...god...

Reaction score
Um, you realize that was his hometown basically, right? And he still got shit on by the crowd, I wouldn't be surprised if the people chanting that were his friends and family in the front row as many you already saw. Not saying he isn't doing a good job, but just being realistic here, second time rock outcheers him in his home fucking town. Either way, woulda loved to see rock rip his fans like he did after raw last week sigh.