John Cena vs. The Rock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who wins at WM?

• John Cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
#Cenation from here on out.

Rock's dead to me.

In all seriousness...

I will be very upset with Cena/The E if all this build of Cena is just for the Rock. If he goes back to his bullshit promos after all this, it just solidifies everything we've been saying all along. THIS is the Cena we need... rather, he's building to the Cena we need. This mic-work... THIS is what makes you a top guy. Stand the fuck out over the best and the rest.

Reaction score
so cena begs the crowd to cheer him and they actually do.....wtf? and they chant "toothfairy"? wtf is wrong with those fuckers? im genuinely pissed and from the rock's face at the end, i think he was too.

oh and sure, the crowd's chants were scripted too. it's definitely a work.

... said:
Um, you realize that was his hometown basically, right? And he still got shit on by the crowd, I wouldn't be surprised if the people chanting that were his friends and family in the front row as many you already saw. Not saying he isn't doing a good job, but just being realistic here, second time rock outcheers him in his home fucking town. Either way, woulda loved to see rock rip his fans like he did after raw last week sigh.

And if this weeks promo didn't hip people to the fact that last week was a work, I don't know what to say. Either way, this has been absolutely amazing. Even if there was no Cena-Rock, the Taker-HHH build has been epic. I can't think of two better built matches in recent memory, let alone on the same card. This is tits.

Reaction score
#Cenation from here on out.

Rock's dead to me.

In all seriousness...

I will be very upset with Cena/The E if all this build of Cena is just for the Rock. If he goes back to his bullshit promos after all this, it just solidifies everything we've been saying all along. THIS is the Cena we need... rather, he's building to the Cena we need. This mic-work... THIS is what makes you a top guy. Stand the fuck out over the best and the rest.

I think this might be the Cena we see from now on. It seems the E has transitioned into a little more of a mature mode recently. Cena has been absolutely on fire. And even before this, he was heads and shoulders above everyone else sans your HHHs, Jerichos and what not. Punk is nice and all, but he isn't Cena.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Punk > Cena for the last 4-5 years on the mic, but that's only because Cena's a bullshit promo the last 4-5 years. I just don't get why, if you know this guy has THIS in him, why you water it down so much for years.

As far as transitioning to anything, I caution you with the reminder of the Punk/Triple H build and how edgy they got right in the middle of the most childish run of PG... and it only resulted in us being even more watered down than before as they quickly shed the Orton heel gimmick.

But I hope you're right.

Reaction score
Benoit happened. The PC era ushered in immediately.

And while Punk might be a better promo material wise, he doesn't have the commanding charisma Cena has. Even in the smarkest cities sans Chicago, Cena out pops Punk. I'm not taking anything away from Punk, but he's being put over quite well in this title run, but I just don't see any discernible increases in his popularity. People can't continually fault the booking, he's being made out to be the man as champ right now.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^That's my point though. Cena's quite possibly your most charismatic figure. You can't say it's all on merchandise sales either because Cena has been outsold by edgier people; and not all that merch was sold to people in any one or two specific age groups... Punk's MITB BITW shirt outsold Cena in the children's department... so clearly parents weren't too bummed out by his edgier content. So why use Cena to pander to the negative opinion of nearly everyone who watches the product? All it has done is hurt Cena rather than boost him. They didn't know for sure before Vince called Rock up last winter that they'd have someone who could come in and catapult Cena right back into the respected graces of the majority... like it or not, "Let's Go Cena!" STILL gets drowned out by "CENA SUCKS!"

So why, for 5 or 6 years now, have they made Cena look like a complete tool on the microphone? What good did it do anyone? I'd venture as far as to say all it did was do harm. Cena can be edgy and still sell more merchandise than anyone... in fact, it would help them move a shit-ton MORE merchandise if Cena was a little edgier and not being this, (thank you CM Punk) douchebaggety walking billboard for the PG era.

Granted, I'm of the belief the entire company NEEDS to be edgier on their own... but Cena's the worst of the worst imo... 1. BECAUSE of his vast potential, 2. because of his past character, and 3. because he's your top dog and sets the standard for everyone else in the company. Hell, even setting the standard doesn't cut it... it's why EVERYONE is stale right now or lame on the stick. Cena needs to raise the bar... something he's capable of doing because we already know he has done it and is starting to do it right now, and we know he's capable of getting even better.

Then again, the WWE would rather ram video package after video package after video package of quotes from TV and radio interviews on Raw rather than give us a promo... but again, this is somewhere Cena can help. For someone so avid a Rock/Austin fan, you'd think Cena appreciates a great promo as much as anyone... and he's the least at-risk guy in the company. Hell, CM Punk got told "say some controversial stuff and we'll cut you off when we think you've gone too far" and he didn't get fired for shit, even with his contract coming to an end, legitimately. John Cena could walk out on Raw week after week and call Vince McMahon "a dickless piece of shit" and I'm certain nobody would even think twice about "punishing" Cena for it... THAT is how much power he has. He owes it to himself, the company, and every guy in the back to raise the bar, step it up, and usher in a "new" era.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Pretty sure Cena will 'bland out' again after WM... Numerous times over the last few years he's cut a fired-up/motivated/mature/blah promo only to regress back to the Cena we know and reluctantly put up with almost overnight.

As for Punk being put over as 'the man', within his segments and matches, yes, but it's quite clear the pecking order when you look at the whole show's focus over the last few months... How many times has he wrestled in the opening match? I think you (Enzo) complained about this yourself a whle back.

Also, I agree with what Luke said... Cena really does need to grow a pair and be a little less the company 'yes man' and actually challenge creative over the stuff he's given to do/say. To say he doesn't have the clout would be ridiculous!

Not to sound too cynical/critical, mind... I am enjoying the product right now and have been for some time now (although, boy, is the Kane/Orton stuff gonna suck!?!).

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
They've been pretty legit recently.

Reaction score
What? Wrestlenewz is up there with Rajah.com as a once great news site that is 60% speculation and 40% stolen news. Like a chinese lady at a black person's yard sale, I no buy.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
"recently" I said... recently.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Kudos for John, bringing back the throwback jersey and chain gang. That was more authentic than that Rocky concert. Asking where all the men are in the house is no way to start a concert Rock. That concert was hard to watch, this isn't The Rock I grew up with.

fuzzy

Reaction score
what was that last nite with the rock concert? it felt like the rock was doing karaoke and sing along with the crowd... wtf was all that singing for? aside from the rock's sing along hour, Jarico ripped into punk, you really feel their heat with each other, unlike the rock/cena -springer show...
what's next the cena/rock dance off?

...god...

Reaction score
um, what? That concert was awesome. Only thing he coulda done better was he shoulda worn the leather pants/vest and maybe came out to the Hollywood theme. Btw where the fuck is the People's Eyebrow.

Although, I hate Cena, the surgery on his boobies line was his greatest line ever I was rofling, that was great.