• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jerry Lawler Discussion Thread - King recovering from heart attack

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Jerry Lawler Discussion Thread - King suffers heart attack during RAW

kings a legend raw wont be the same without him

Reaction score

Not sure if this has been posted but here it is.

Lawler's son Kevin told TMZ that his father was now awake and responsive.

"Jerry is hooked up to tubes and is still not able to speak … but he's writing stuff on a notepad to talk to people," Kevin told TMZ. ""Not just brief notes, but detailed stories which show he knows where he is and what is going on."

Source: WrestlingInc.com

Reaction score

Michael Cole on Twitter just now:

#wweuniverse you will never believe this! I just got off the phone with #jerrylawler and he is alert and in great spirits!

#jerrylawler sends his love to you all and thanks you for all the support! He says the strap will be coming down soon!

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
RE: Jerry Lawler Discussion Thread - King suffers heart attack during RAW

Big Hoss Rambler said:
Michael Cole on Twitter just now:

#wweuniverse you will never believe this! I just got off the phone with #jerrylawler and he is alert and in great spirits!

#jerrylawler sends his love to you all and thanks you for all the support! He says the strap will be coming down soon!

Great to hear! Go Lawler!

I say we get an emote in his honor

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

Some more on the king from TMZ, Arda Ocal and some comments from JR and Dixie Carter.
TMZ reported Wednesday that they spoke with Jerry Lawler’s son Kevin and that Lawler was awake, responsive and while he was hooked up to tubes and not able to speak, he was writing stuff on a notepad and communicating with people.

Arda Ocal reported last night that Lawler’s girlfriend Lauryn did a phone interview with WMC-TV5 in Memphis and said that Lawler’s chest is sore from the CPR that was done on Monday night. She also said that Lawler asked where they were and thought they were still in Aruba, where he wrestled over the weekend.

Lawler is expected to go home soon.

Here are some comments from Twitter:

TNA President Dixie Carter: “The thoughts and prayers of TNA talent and staff are with @JerryLawler and his family. Get well soon!”

Jim Ross: “King had a good day. Feeling much better. Healing is ongoing. His overall health & quick medical care were a blessing. Will be fine soon.”

source

BrockLesnarFanForLife

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Michael Cole has tweeted he spoke to Jerry on the phone and is in good spirits so this is awesome to hear he will be back before we know it

Also props go to TNA Dixie Carter for sending out that get well soon message we all know WWE/TNA will never be joined together but at least they can be civil enough to send well wishes

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score

Arda Ocal discusses Jerry Lawler and what he witnessed.
He joins Former WWE Referee Jimmy Korderas along with the lovely Renee Paquette.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

WMCTV in Memphis is reporting that WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler was back on his feet today for the first time since suffering a heart attack on Monday night. Lawler’s girlfriend Lauryn McBride provided an update to WMCTV (via text message):

“They are now taking lines out and he is looking so good today!!!”

“We will go for a walk in just a bit and s=do (sic) some more breathing exercises. Will update as the day goes on…”

McBride also noted that Lawler remains very sore (from the CPR chest compressions he received) and is having some trouble with his memory, but is aware of the support he’s received from everybody:

“It’s just the two of us here now, so we’ve had time to kinda talk about what’s going on and where he’s at…how much everybody back in Memphis and how much his family and everybody loves him and cares about him.”

Memory loss. Bummer

source