Jerry Lawler Discussion Thread - King recovering from heart attack

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Jerry Lawler talks about his Heart Attack and Wrestling Again/ Triple H's reaction

I think Lawler wants a 1 on 1 with Punk before he retires. I just hope he's in good health before he comes back.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Jerry Lawler talks about his Heart Attack and Wrestling Again/ Triple H's reaction

Hunter always cries

calster33

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
yahoo.com
I was a little saddened and a little worried when this happened and all I could do was pray to god for him to be okay and was very pleased that god heard me.
I don't know how I knew-but I'd had a strange feeling that it had something to do with his heart,I wasn't exactly sure what in specific-but I also know that when people just collapse all the sudden like he did-it usually 9 times out of 10-it's usually something with the heart.
I will admit,and I won't lie(as like I said previously-I'm a VERY BAD LIAR-lol)-I did kind of blame Punk for it-though he is my #1 fave. I just felt that Punk has to understand that people do have a right to their own:thoughts,feelings,and opinions and though Lawler might have misspoke himself-Lawler apologized to him and he should have accepted that and left it at that.
Punk just should not have attacked him nor challenged him to get in the ring because of the fact that Lawler is no spring chicken anymore and he has not been in the ring for years-so he's not going to be in the shape he once was years ago and I do feel that match and the business that went down between Punk and Lawler may have had something to do with what happened-as I have been told by doctors myself that too much stress is not good on the heart muscle and if anything can be quite damaging and could also very well lead to a heart attack.
So, for a brief while I was pretty angry at Punk about what had happened and was also scared for Jerry's life as well before I got the news that he was okay and stabillized-but once I got the news that he was okay-I couldn't stay mad at Punk-but I was just a tiny bit disappointed in him.
But that didn't last long either. So now-I forgave him(like that old saying-FORGIVE HIM,FOR HE KNOWS NOT WHAT HE DOES). I'm just really glad that Lawler is okay,and I do feel that after what happened-I know it may not sound like a good punishment-but to teach him some respect for what he did-they should put Punk on commentator in Jerry's place and put up with a lot from Michael Cole and the other commentator-let him get a lesson in "RESPECT YOUR ELDERS",he wants and demands RESPECT-but like he said-That's a 2 way street that works both ways-so to get Respect-he needs to learn to Give it first before he can get it-at least that is what I am learning about the word "RESPECT". Punk is still my #1 fave-but I'm also a little older than him and so I think and feel a little older than he does-lol,sad-but true-lol.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Three weeks after suffering a heart attack while announcing at a WWE event in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Jerry "The King" Lawler wants to get back in the ring.

"I honestly think I could go into the ring and wrestle right now. That's how normal I feel," the 62-year-old said to ESPN.com in an interview. "I know it wouldn't be wise to do that. But I'm improving on a daily basis."

Lawler considers himself very lucky following the ordeal.

"For this kind of heart attack, only one out of 260 people survive. My girlfriend told me that on the way to the hospital they thought I was dead but they were still working on me and eventually shocked me seven times. It is a real comeback. People were asking me whether I saw bright lights and saw relatives who have passed. No, I didn't see any of that. Michael Cole said that's because I was heading in the opposite direction!"

Lawler's voice is still raspy from having a ventilator in his throat, but otherwise feels fine.

"I'm probably doing better than expected. I broke my leg in the 1980s and I was out of the ring for a year. That was painful and agonizing. The funny thing about this heart attack is I didn't even realize it was happening. I just passed out. I didn't have any excruciating pain. When I woke up three days later, the only soreness I had was in the chest from all the compressions they were giving me to revive me."

WWE has a Raw show in Nashville, Tennessee on Oct. 15 and a SmackDown show in Memphis on Oct. 16. When asked whether he will be on hand for the events, he said, "I would like to. I know because of my voice that I would sound horrible on the air. It's a few weeks away, so I honestly think I could; I'm so thankful for the fact that I feel good at this time."