Jerry Lawler Discussion Thread - King recovering from heart attack

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
As Monday Night Raw went off the air, Michael Cole announced they had received word that Lawler's condition had "stabilized" and that they were told he was breathing on his own and that his heart was beating on its own.
Cole repeated that Cole was waiting to undergo a CT Scan on his head and chest and directed fans to the WWE website for additional updates.

As we hear more, we will update.

According to sources, Lawler had flown to Montreal after working weekend independent shots in Aruba, so he had a long day of travel before working TV tonight. Whether that was a factor remains to be seen.

One ringside fan emailed PWInsider.com to report that Lawler sounded as if he began snoring right before he collapsed. Prior to that, he communicated with a ringside employee, possibly to warn them something was wrong. EMTs were on the scene immediately, as were WWE medical personnel. They immediately ripped his shirt open and began administering medical assistance. A group of responders lifted Lawler to a stretcher, where he was rushed backstage and worked on before being transported via ambulance to a hospital.

As you can imagine, the entire roster was pretty shaken up by the situation. Everyone is hopeful for the best, obviously.

PWInsider

Get well soon Jerry.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Jerry Lawler

4ff226adf32fc5e75da7d8f2b2f2747b.jpg

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Jerry Lawler

F4Wonline.com's Bryan Alvarez reported that at one point, there was talk of canceling the entire show. The situation backstage was said to be very intense with people crying and not knowing what was going on.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Jerry Lawler

Somewhere close by Matthews decided against taking WWE to court.

Seriously accept a joke people. Hope Lawler is good, but hope he is off of the announcer table/cm punk angle for a while. Honestly i hope this makes the WWE think seriously about having a man his age/weight/shape competing and having to do serious in ring work again.

CM Punk said:
F4Wonline.com's Bryan Alvarez reported that at one point, there was talk of canceling the entire show. The situation backstage was said to be very intense with people crying and not knowing what was going on.

#learnfromowen.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Jerry Lawler

I just hope Lawler recovers from this. I may have been a very vocal critic of his gimmick recently and his abilities, but I want to see him get better soon.

Go get 'em, King of Memphis Wrestling.

wk

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
RE: Jerry Lawler

THEAidsJohnson said:
Honestly i hope this makes the WWE think seriously about having a man his age/weight/shape competing and having to do serious in ring work again.

No kidding. If the match has anything to do with this, WWE is in some really hot water.

If there's a silver lining to any of this, it could ruin Linda.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score

Rainman said:
If there's a silver lining to any of this, it could ruin Linda.

Win, win, win. Lawler comes out and stays on the commentary side, She loses, and we get to have a Face Face (miz?) commentary section on RAW, you know 3 would be awesome, Lawler barely talked anyway.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score

That's what happens when you still wrestle when you're almost 63.

Would have been odd to cancel the show, considering Owen actually falling to his death in front of an entire audience apparently wasn't important enough for them to cancel one several years ago.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Jerry Lawler

Updates:

We have a few updated notes on Jerry Lawler. It is now confirmed that Lawler suffered a heart attack. As of the last word, he is in stable condition, still breathing on his own and his heart is beating on its own, but he is not out of danger, so please keep any prayers going for him.

(Source)

And:

Here is the latest on wrestling legend Jerry “The King” Lawler’s health status from his girlfriend’s Facebook page:

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It has been confirmed that Jerry did have a heart attack…he is in stable condition and breathing on his own & heart is stable. I’m getting on the first flight out of here to be with him & will keep everyone posted. He is a strong man and we will get him back at his best as soon as I can get him home! I love you so so much baby!!

Lawler collapsed Monday evening while sitting at ringside during WWE’s RAW broadcast on the USA Network. Earlier in the program The King competed in a tag team match with Randy Orton vs. CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler.

We will have more as it develops.

(Source)

Reactions: Snowman1

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Jerry Lawler

Only joke, is she 18 yet? Hope he's alright, keep oldtimers out of the ring.

RavynKarasu

Jobber
Reaction score

I am so happy to see that Lawler was discussed here. I am on a Facebook WWE group...and nobody said ANYTHING about it. I tried to say something twice and was ignored. I ended up leaving the group. Something like that needed to be addressed if you're gonna run a group discussing WWE.

Anyway, when I heard about it, I was so upset and frantic. I held on all night to see what was going on and when someone asked what was going on, I spread what news I had.

I'm so glad he's okay. And I agree with an earlier post. Lawler should not have been wrestling. It was funny during the Lawler/Cole thing last year, but this just didn't sound right. Personally, I don't even like seeing Undertaker wrestle anymore. They are just too old. It doesn't make them any less great...but they are getting old. I had stated in one of my accounts (Twitter or FB) that some wrestlers just need to not wrestle anymore. If they want to focus on their mic skills, great. Lawler just seemed too old for the ring. It includes other wrestlers too.

This was a frightening night and it could have gone very badly very quick. Luckily, he got immediate care and seems to be okay, for now. It was wonderful to see so many people offering their support on Twitter. So many people were worried and scared.

I feel odd about my feelings about the picture of Cole crying. It's such a wonderfully taken picture and it holds so much emotion. But, how can I say it's a wonderful or beautifully taken picture when it involves the suffering of someone a ton of people admire?

Anyway, I really appreciate that a thread has been made and people have actually acknowledged and discussed the matter. I think Lawler deserves that sort of respect. I do hope that he takes it easy and when he comes back...just stays on commentary.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82
Reaction score
Website
www.spreaker.com

RavynKarasu said:
I am so happy to see that Lawler was discussed here. I am on a Facebook WWE group...and nobody said ANYTHING about it. I tried to say something twice and was ignored. I ended up leaving the group. Something like that needed to be addressed if you're gonna run a group discussing WWE.

Anyway, when I heard about it, I was so upset and frantic. I held on all night to see what was going on and when someone asked what was going on, I spread what news I had.

I'm so glad he's okay. And I agree with an earlier post. Lawler should not have been wrestling. It was funny during the Lawler/Cole thing last year, but this just didn't sound right. Personally, I don't even like seeing Undertaker wrestle anymore. They are just too old. It doesn't make them any less great...but they are getting old. I had stated in one of my accounts (Twitter or FB) that some wrestlers just need to not wrestle anymore. If they want to focus on their mic skills, great. Lawler just seemed too old for the ring. It includes other wrestlers too.

This was a frightening night and it could have gone very badly very quick. Luckily, he got immediate care and seems to be okay, for now. It was wonderful to see so many people offering their support on Twitter. So many people were worried and scared.

I feel odd about my feelings about the picture of Cole crying. It's such a wonderfully taken picture and it holds so much emotion. But, how can I say it's a wonderful or beautifully taken picture when it involves the suffering of someone a ton of people admire?

Anyway, I really appreciate that a thread has been made and people have actually acknowledged and discussed the matter. I think Lawler deserves that sort of respect. I do hope that he takes it easy and when he comes back...just stays on commentary.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Certainly a sad day for the WWE.

And hopefully they've learned their lesson.