Jericho vs. Punk : Possible Iron Man Match @ Wrestlemania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PY.

Reaction score
For some reason, my minds been dead set on an Iron Man match between Punk and Jericho at Wrestlemania. The whole 'end of the world as you know it' thing to me will reveal not one, but two things:

* Jericho will never be the happy go lucky Y2J ever again. (Hence why he didn't have the jacket on on Raw, which makes me believe thats what he meant by 'at the Royal Rumble it will be the end of the World as you know it. He also didn't wear that common Y2J jacket.)
*The end of Punk being 'Best in the World' since Jericho called himself something along those lines.

The reason that I strongly believe there will be an Iron Man match is because I see Jericho coming out of the Elimination Chamber ppv as WWE Champion. Jericho will also reveal that he was sick and tired of seeing Punk as the best of the World, and he's ending Punk's world. He gave the fans one last whoooraaaa as Y2J, but he states that got him nowhere. He then claims that he's the best in the World.

Punk comes back with a few jabs of his own and then finally someone makes the match.. CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship and to truly find out who's the best.

Seems like one hell of a way to pass the torch off to someone, and I strongly believe Jericho wants to do it for Punk.

Thoughts?

Got_Swag

Reaction score
I think that should this match take place which is more than likely then I think we will see a few more one on one matches between the two. Let's say Punk wins at Mania and then Y2J wins at Extreme Rules or a different ppv, then that leads both having a victory and then we see an Iron Man match. But, not a bad idea, I just don't think WWE can top the Iron Man match Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart had at the WrestleMania pay per view. If they try to, then these are the two best for that scenario!

Reactions: 1 person

PY.

Reaction score
Let's say Punk wins at Mania and then Y2J wins at Extreme Rules or a different ppv

But what if Jericho wins at the Chamber ppv and claims to be the best in the World again. Punk comes out, and tells Jericho if he really thinks he is, why not prove it at Wrestlemania in a 30 minute Iron Man match. If the feud looks really does go by the best in the world thing, an Iron Man match is the best choice.

Got_Swag

Reaction score
You know after I typed that up, I had forgotten all about the Chamber match. Good call on that one. I think that's the best way to really set up their WrestleMania match then because Y2J would have won the belt by not beating Punk one on one. But, as for the Iron Man match, I don't think WWE will go with it only because it could over shadow Cena/Rock. But, I'm not saying I wouldn't want to see it because it be one hell of a match!

Cornerstone

Reaction score
Even with your scenario it'd be better to hold off on an Iron Man match until after Wrestlemania so you don't blow everything at WM because once you do an Iron Man match where do you go from there in the feud plus a match like that deserves build and the main event slot of a show and with Taker/HHH and Rock/Cena at most it'd be 3rd on the card and no way will they let anything top Cena/Rock this year.

PY.

Reaction score
Even with your scenario it'd be better to hold off on an Iron Man match until after Wrestlemania so you don't blow everything at WM

Well, can you see a possible Iron Man at Extreme Rules since an Iron Man match is a gimmick match.

Taker/HHH and Rock/Cena at most it'd be 3rd on the card

I don't think the suits would allow the WWE Championship match fall behind Taker vs. HHH.. Rock vs. Cena, sure since that's the biggest match in history..

Got_Swag

Reaction score
At Extreme Rules, yes and no. Yes because if Y2J wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber. No if Y2J does not. Then we may get to see like what I mentioned in my first post, a set of matches the finishes off with an Iron Man matchup at a pay per view. I also do agree that the WWE title match should at least be the second to last match on the card for WrestleMania!

PY.

Reaction score
At Extreme Rules, yes and no. Yes because if Y2J wins the WWE title at Elimination Chamber. No if Y2J does not. Then we may get to see like what I mentioned in my first post, a set of matches the finishes off with an Iron Man matchup at a pay per view. I also do agree that the WWE title match should at least be the second to last match on the card for WrestleMania!

1. A set of matches? What happens at Wrestlemania then?
2. There's no chance Taker vs. HHH would be above the WWE Title match unless it's Streak vs. Career. Even then, Trips can make himself the Raw GM.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Can't see that match type happening at mania for a few reasons one of them being I don't think they'd want to use a ironman match unless it ended the show which it won't due to Rock/Cena. That also assuming that this feud will keep going past mania I don't see them starting it off with their first one on one match being in that type of match. I would like to see an ironman match period as it's been too long since we've had one let alone between two guys who could tear down the house with this match.

AF.

Reaction score
Not at Wrestlemania. The show needs to keep moving, the matches need to be in the 15-20 minute range and explosive. There is a lot to get through on the Mania card and an iron man 30 minute match would put me to sleep. Especially with a sloppy worker CM Punk and a slightly boring Chris Jericho.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
CM Punk as sloppy and Jericho boring? My God! You've gotta be kidding me!

I'd personally love to see some sort of 20 minute Iron Man match between the two or just a normal Singles that actually goes for a good 20-25 minutes.

Either way I know I'm going to love the match if those two do face off at Mania.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I see Punk going into Wrestlemania with the title, and I'd rather it that way. Jericho can lose in the Elimination Chamber without losing credability.

I'm not really seeing how you connect the Ironman match into the equation, but the "Best In The World / End Of The World" angle would be a very interesting one.

No matter what happens, I think we can rest assured that this fued is going to be magic. Shame it will be overshadowed by Rock and Cena (isn't that just the story of Jericho's career right there?).

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I really like the way you think PY.

I think tha exact same thing but why an Ironman match? I'd like to see that one but I don't see WWE putting these two in an Ironman match for the WWE Title. I'd rather see a normal match with nice wrestling, thousands of counters and that kinda stuff. BEST IN THE WORLD vs BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT HE DOES.Big enough to a WrestleMania Main Event. It doesn't need to be an Ironman match. If they want to put them in an Ironaman match then do it at Extreme Rules.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Although I would love to see this Iron Man match eventually, Mania's card is probably going to be really packed, as it has been every year lately. They've already been rushing matches in previous years at it is, and I just can't see them committing a whole hour to two guys who aren't even the biggest names at the ppv.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Not at Wrestlemania. The show needs to keep moving, the matches need to be in the 15-20 minute range and explosive. There is a lot to get through on the Mania card and an iron man 30 minute match would put me to sleep. Especially with a sloppy worker CM Punk and a slightly boring Chris Jericho.

You should never post again after that post. This match would put you to sleep? Holy shit you need to wake up then again you are a Michael Cole fan so that could be the reason why for your stupidity.