Jericho vs. Punk : Possible Iron Man Match @ Wrestlemania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ATKOOL

Reaction score
Doubt it will happen knowing they havn't faced one on one since the fued has begun which I figure will be saved for WrestleMania. I'd rather see an iron man match than a song performed. Does anyone in WWE watch the Super Bowl? Have any of them went to a baseball game? What do you do during a 7th inning stretch? What do you do during the halftime shows for football and basketball games? You use the restrooms because you tuned in only to see wrestling, football, baseball, football. You get where I'm going with this. Having guys like Kid Rock to perform is idiotic. What next? Are we going to have Kiss on there as well. When you watch a DVD such as the rise and fall of WCW. They laugh and say that was the lowest rated segment on WCW ever. Claiming they should use that time for wrestling. Next minute they are doing the same thing that they were criticizing WCW for doing. I don't watch wrestling to see bands play. If I wanted to do that why not go to a concert? I figure the songs they played leading up to, during, and after the ppv should be enough to sell these bands some CDs. LOL!

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
LOL at people defending Punk's horrible wrestling ability.

Seems like one hell of a way to pass the torch off to someone, and I strongly believe Jericho wants to do it for Punk.

Pass the torch? Please. Beating Jericho is nothing, he has no in ring credibility whatsoever. He's jobbed harder than anyone over the last 5 years, hell, he lost a match to Heath Slater. This match really has no business happening, it's a slap in Punk's face and after all he's done to make himself a star, Jericho's going to undo all of it by making his title reign look irrelevant on the biggest show of the year. He should've been put over by Triple H, that would've made him. Jericho and Punk should have a feud but there's no way in HELL it should happen at WrestleMania where Punk desperately NEEDS to get that big, monumental win to propel him to permanent main event status. He's only halfway there and after this match, he'll be back nowhere.

It's a shame. As for the Iron man stipulation, that's not going to happen, and I have no desire to ever see Punk in an Iron man again after he put on the most boring match in the history of the business with Joe in ROH in an hour long draw.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Punk is already at permanent main event status what are you talking about? Ever since MITB last year he's been in most of them. Plus when is the last time you can remember John Cena not even being on a PPV and allowed the main event to rely on Punk to be the undisputed top face of that night? He's at the point where he can main event a show without holding the world title if the match was a big enough deal. He isn't going anywhere when it comes to being out of the main event picture. At the very least he won't main event a PPV but he'll be apart of the biggest SL on the show.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
No he isn't. He can't live off the shoot promo for the rest of his career. His momentum has already died down a lot, and he NEEDS a giant, monumental win to remain at the top of the card for a prolonged period of time. He's not Sheamus, he's not just gonna get pushed because he gave Triple H a blowjob, he NEEDS momentum. BIG momentum. He's not gonna get that facing a nobody like Chris Jericho who's never elevated a star in his career.

I'm glad you don't care about wrestling ability.

Well, I'm glad you're glad. Now did you have a point?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah, I'm also not seeing how Punk has "horrible wrestling ability".

I damn sure know that no one was saying that before he became a main event-caliber superstar.

EDIT: Holy shit, Jericho is a "nobody" too? You must be trolling.

Reaction score
No he isn't. He can't live off the shoot promo for the rest of his career. His momentum has already died down a lot, and he NEEDS a giant, monumental win to remain at the top of the card for a prolonged period of time. He's not Sheamus, he's not just gonna get pushed because he gave Triple H a blowjob, he NEEDS momentum. BIG momentum. He's not gonna get that facing a nobody like Chris Jericho who's never elevated a star in his career.

Chris Jericho isn't a "nobody." What are you talking about?

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I did. It's the truth, he's sloppy, he has no chemistry with anyone but a select few people like Rey Mysterio. He's not a good worker, or at least not a good WWE style worker. Maybe he's like Sin Cara and he magically forgets how to wrestle when he's not in his original federation, who knows. All I know is his style isn't working.
Chris Jericho isn't a "nobody." What are you talking about?

Come on, I love Jericho but he is. He has no star power, he's never drawn any money and he has no credibility because he jobs to everyone on the planet.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Who said Punk was living off the shoot promo. He's living off the fact that he's one of the most over guys on the roster, putting money in Vince's pocket's with his merch, and the fact that they've shown no signs of pushing him out of the main event picture anytime soon because no one on the Raw roster can take his spot with HHH not being full time anymore and they've made Cena and Punk co-exist as the top faces with leaving Cena as the face of the company and Punk as far as the Raw show goes being the face of the actual show as of late. Yeah he doesn't have as much hype and shit he had last year but that was gonna happen as that is pretty hard to sustain. Doesn't mean they're gonna say okay back to the midcard you go forever. If that was gonna happen it would have happened already.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Who said Punk was living off the shoot promo. He's living off the fact that he's one of the most over guys on the roster, putting money in Vince's pocket's with his merch,

Which is because of the shoot promo.

You have to remember that Punk is not in the political circle that runs WWE. They never wanted to push him in the first place, he had to threaten to quit to get to where he deserved to be. After the shoot promo took on a life of its own, they had no choice to push him but they tried to sabotage it by injecting Triple H and Kevin Nash's personal problems into the storyline and taking all the focus off him. Even after he won the belt, he doesn't look like the same wrestler, and it isn't going to be long before he's back in the midcard. Once Jericho makes him irrelevant at WrestleMania, they'll draft either Orton or Sheamus to Raw to steal his position, send him to SmackDown to win the ECW.....I mean World Heavyweight Championship, and that'll be it.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That would be like saying years ago that Austin wouldn't be a here to stay main eventer because the hype of his Austin 3:16 promo died down. And before you flip your lid no I'm not comparing him to Austin was using that as an example. Fact of the matter is if what you said was true then he wouldn't still be in the main event picture since that promo happened months and months ago. He's already publicly said that he is at the stage where he can kind of get away with whatever he wants, make suggestions and they actually get seriously considered and he and Vince have a great relationship. He beat John Cena twice once at the second biggest PPV of the year like what more do you want for Triple H and John Cena to come out in Wrestlemania and let Punk squash both of them for you to say yeah he's good in the main event spot now. Like seriously I don't know what more they could since they already had him pretty much win the feud against the biggest name in the entire wrestling business.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
That would be like saying years ago that Austin wouldn't be a here to stay main eventer because the hype of his Austin 3:16 promo died down. And before you flip your lid no I'm not comparing him to Austin was using that as an example. Fact of the matter is if what you said was true then he wouldn't still be in the main event picture since that promo happened months and months ago. He's already publicly said that he is at the stage where he can kind of get away with whatever he wants, make suggestions and they actually get seriously considered and he and Vince have a great relationship. He beat John Cena twice once at the second biggest PPV of the year like what more do you want for Triple H and John Cena to come out in Wrestlemania and let Punk squash both of them for you to say yeah he's good in the main event spot now. Like seriously I don't know what more they could since they already had him pretty much win the feud against the biggest name in the entire wrestling business.

Beating John Cena means nothing because it wasn't CLEAN. Every major star has one pivotal match in their career where they go over a major star, CLEAN, and that's what makes them, usually at a WrestleMania. That has not happened with him and it goes to show you exactly the kind of faith they have in him. They only push him when they're desperate. And Jericho is damn sure not the guy to put him over because everybody knows Punk's won the match before it even starts. I wouldn't take Jericho as a serious threat to Brodus Clay, let alone CM Punk right now.

That promo being months ago doesn't matter, it was a very impactful promo and it's impact has lasted so far, but it's not going to for much longer. He needs to beat Triple H at WrestleMania, not Jericho.

Last edited:

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe Jericho jobs because he isn't an arragont cunt and understands that you can't always win in the business. We all know Jericho jobbed but by doing it he became bigger and bigger, I mean remember his fucking greenberg gimmick.

Reactions: 1 person

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Maybe Jericho jobs because he isn't an arragont cunt and understands that you can't always win in the business. We all know Jericho jobbed but by doing it he became bigger and bigger, I mean remember his fucking greenberg gimmick.

You realize what the point of looking strong is, don't you? So that when somebody beats you, they look GOOD. Triple H rarely loses but when he does, he makes STARS. Look at Batista. Has Jericho ever done that for somebody? No, because he jobs for everyone in the WWE. He's the resident job hooker, everybody gets a turn. With 1 job, Triple H has done more for the business than Jericho did with 1000. THAT is what the business is supposed to be about. What's it gonna do for Punk beating the wrestling equivalent of a prostitute? Not a damn thing, because everybody else in the company has done it too. There's no way to make him look good coming off a win like that. Strangely enough, Jericho's "brilliant wrestling mind" has never quite been smart enough to figure out something so simple.

Last edited:

PY.

Reaction score
Beating John Cena means nothing because it wasn't CLEAN.

How wasn't it clean? Vince and Ace came out while Punk was in the STF, not showing any signs of tapping and Cena went out of the ring to stop Ace from ringing the bell then Punk hit the GTS on Cena.. That's not a dirty win. Fuck, if anything Punk was the one about to get screwed.

And Jericho is damn sure not the guy to put him over because everybody knows Punk's won the match before it even starts. I wouldn't take Jericho as a serious threat to Brodus Clay, let alone CM Punk right now.

Are you kidding me? Jericho puts guys over that deserve to be over. He did a ton for Sheamus at the Rumble, did it for Bourne in his last run, and even made the tag titles relevant for a few months.