• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jeff Hardy Suspension News and Rumors

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

HHHforever said:
^I found it inteteresting that JR said he saw the smoke on Friday, I was under the impression this happened on Monday after Raw. Also Matt and Jeff live that close by each other? They are much closer than I though they were haha
They both live on the Hardy property, which is where his dad farmed. Poor Jeff, but I don't think this will be good for his drug use at all. I mean if he's feeling down, he will probably turn back to the drugs

Keeb Daddy

Reaction score
what the fuck at everybody actin' like his life is fucked... dude can afford a new house... he got suspended again, oh well... even if WWE fired his ass, he'd have a contract with TNA in a week... he might not get a good push again for a while, but he'll be fine...

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Wow, my thread was stickied! ;P

Source:: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The word of Jeff Hardy's 60-Day Suspension made word around the locker room on Monday (3.10.08) before Raw. Hardy was advertised for the weekend house shows, but had been pulled from them with no reason given.

WWE policy now is to announce failures of the wellness policy and or suspensions publicly, but not to give the details of the failure. The belief is that the failure was not for steroids, but the fear is that mainstream media will attack the suspension with the "steroid claim" since it is wrestling.

Hardy was pulled from the WrestleMania card and the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Hardy was looked at as a favorite, and there was a plan for him to win at one point. The one thing that was for sure is that he was going to have along program with Chris Jericho, which began a few weeks back. With the Hardy suspension, Jericho is now without a program.

Hardy's suspension will end in mid-May, but company policy is that if you are suspended during the build to a PPV, you miss that PPV. This means that Hardy will not likely be back on TV until June 1st. That also means that he will miss out of PPV bonuses from WrestleMania, Backlash and Judgment Day on top of two months of house show and downside guarantee money. When Hardy was suspended the first time in 2007, he missed Summerslam. Due to his position on the card company estimates figure that Hardy lost out on $100,000 for that suspension.

As far as his future with the company, it is hard to see how WWE will judge him. The company feels that recreational drug use and steroid abuse are two different ball games. For example, Chavo Guerrero had two suspensions for steroid positives, but came back and is now in the middle of a big push as the ECW Champion and associated with Edge. When Rob Van Dam got busted in 2006, as the ECW and WWE Champion, the feeling was that they wouldn't be giving the world title to someone that is questionable. The feeling is that no matter his popularity, it will be a long time before Hardy could earn back the trust to get a world title run.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
ProWrestlingFans.com said:
Matt Hardy has posted a new blog on his MySpace page detailing the entire night of witnessing his brother Jeff's house burning down. Matt wrote that he initially feared that Jeff and his girlfriend Beth were in the house but actually they were at Shannon Moore's tattoo shop and Jeff was getting one of his tattoos filled in. Matt told a heart wrenching story about finally getting a hold of Jeff only to tell him of the bad news that his dog Jack was lost in the fire.

Matt noted that the fire was believed to have been caused by electrical wiring inside of the home. He wrote that Jeff and Beth are currently living with him and that Jeff is currently sick from being so stressed out and that he needs everyone's help now more than ever. If you would like to send clothing (for Beth or Jeff), wrestling memorabilia, or anything else to help Jeff and Beth, Matt gave the following address for people to send stuff too: Jeff Hardy c/o Matt Hardy, P.O. Box 713, Vass, NC 28394
Anyone gonna send anything? Lol.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Wow that is a bit ridiculous. I could see him saying send Jeff a card or something like that with support or an e-mail or something like that. But clothes? Are you kidding me, if Jeff needs clothes that bad then I'd have to say that he's been wasting all of his money on drugs or something Blue like that.

kingovkings

Reaction score
LMAO seriously i cant beileve that matt asking for clothes for jeff hahah. He must earn shit loads being a wrestler even if he doesn't earn silly amounts of money he is gonna be far from minimum wage im sure he can afford to buy himself some clothes if he cant his life as really took a shit turn asnt it

Soulpower

Wait... Did Jeff have all of his earnings in his trailer? I know he's not getting paid for a couple of months, but one would think that Jeff would have enough money to buy some clothes.

And what about Matt? You mean to tell me that he can't go out and buy his own brother some clothes?

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Well I agree that asking for fan support is perfectly fine. Like I said card or myspace comment or something like that would make sense. But to even ask for clothes seems like such a ridiculous thing to say.

This Guy

You all seem to be forgetting though that he didn't have insurance. A lot of his savings is going to be going into building a new house no doubt. None of you obviously understand the magnatude of his situation. I'm sure yeah he's blown money on stupid things like drugs and more tattoo's that he obviously honestly doesn't need, but he lost everything he owned in a fire and has no insurance. Any money he had saved would be gone very quickly with plans to rebuild and what not. I'm not saying that he won't be okay. What I'm saying is you are all quick to laugh at the guy, but unless your in his type of situation, I don't think any of you have any right to laugh at the guy.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Well if he has no insurance than he's a dumb ass. I mean I feel bad for him, but how do you not have a back up plan if your making as much money as he is and in the business he's in? I mean how many times have we seen wrestlers have an injury or do something stupid then it's all over? You gotta have a back up plan, invest, and get insurance cuz you never know what's going to happen.

This Guy

I'm not disagreeing that it was dumb....however that doesn't make it right to point and laugh....its easy to laugh at others misfortunes when its never happened to you.