• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jeff Hardy arrested!

EnterTamed

the amount of vicodin he had should warrant him 3 years anyways, i was never a huge hardy fan, appreciated what he did though. but a guy with plenty of money, who resorts to this, should be punished severely, i view it in the same light as the Mike Vick scenerario, highest paid athlete in the nfl and runs a dog fighting ring for a cheap thrill. these drugs could have ended up in a childs posession and something really bad could have came from that. if he needed some quick cash he could have signed on to be a sponsor for lowes or home depot for ladders for all i care.

PeepShow

Lol at person saying he will go to jail for 5-10 years, so fail.

The Charlotte Observer is reporting that local law enforcement raided Jeff Hardy's Cameron home at about 10:30 a.m. on Friday morning after receiving information developed by the Fayetteville Police Department.

The newspaper says Hardy was at home with "his wife" when the raid took place. Presumably, she is his fiancee Beth. She was not arrested.

Chief Deputy Neil Godfrey of the Moore County Sheriff's Office said the case remains under investigation and further charges are possible. He declined to say whether the additional charges could be against Hardy or others.

He added it's too early to determine whether the drugs found in Hardy's home were for personal use or distribution to others.

The article also noted that opium trafficking, which is one of the charges Hardy faces, carries a mandatory prison sentence of three to fourteen years, even for first-time offenders.

owned

Great One

Doesn't mean shit. I didn't say that you can't, I'm saying Jeff Hardy won't.

Also, LOL at Punk at bashing Hardy, "YOU WILL NEVER SEE MY MUGSHOT."

Ballin

I know he won't get 14 years, probably 1 at most being the celeb that he is...

But holy shit that would suck so bad.

J

I like Hardy but people are acting as though he's famous like in a huge way. He's a pro-wrestler. He's not an actor or anythingl ike that so I doubt he'll get easy treatment.

noumenon

I really hate how everyone is saying "because of his celebrity"...he's not a celebrity..lol. He's a fuckin wrestler, which holds no weight in court. The only reason celebs get out of shit is because they can hire the best lawyers.
He's not a celebrity, you think the average person knows who Jeff Hardy is?

monkeystyle

Jeff is not going to prison. When you are caught with a certain quantity of drugs you can be charged with trafficking regardless of the facts. If you get busted with an ounce of pot you can still be charged with trafficking even though it was personal. It'll never stick on Jeff.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

The fact that he's a wrestler only hurts his chances in court. I'm surprised the big news channels haven't had reruns of their "wrestling is a den of drugs" specials. The media already things pro wrestling is filled with drugs and drug addicts and Jeff Hardy's situation only exacerbates it.

noumenon

I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't go down for it...but I don't think it would have anything to do with his "status".
It is a lot of stuff, but not an obscene amount. Like the guy had a meth lab in his house or some shit. (Not defending him here but) It was just some pain killers (which very well could have been accumulated valid prescriptions) some steroids (which if you don't think most wrestlers have on hand you're insane) and some pipes n shit.

Double J

...Mike Tyson was found guilty of rap and they still brought him in for Wrestlemania 14.

Eh damn, with that voice he should be convicted after rapping... Then again he was pretty funny in The Hangover...And didn't he do a song with Lil Wayne or something?

...Moore County police officials told the Fayetteville Observer that they searched the home of Jeff Hardy after receiving a tip a few days ago. Chief deputy Neil Godfry stated that the subsequent investigation led to a search warrant

Wonder who ratted him out?

It was Matt...or CM Punk...This is all a big angle that WWE is doing, none of it is real.

Please really they didn't have a "tip", they just wanted to make a drug bust and knew the 'local celeb.' was a drug addict and figured he'd have something.

^^Well when he wins the X-Division Title at the next PPV, you'll have your answer.

Eh that wont prove anything, TNA has gotten known for making long term plans and sticking with them. Bsides that, he wont be punished because they didn't punish Kurt Angle and they don't want that coming back on them. Most likely if they did punish Daniels and do nothing to Angle still then Styles would throw a fit and things would really go downhill.

This Guy

Eh damn, with that voice he should be convicted after rapping... Then again he was pretty funny in The Hangover...And didn't he do a song with Lil Wayne or something?

Eh that wont prove anything, TNA has gotten known for making long term plans and sticking with them. Bsides that, he wont be punished because they didn't punish Kurt Angle and they don't want that coming back on them. Most likely if they did punish Daniels and do nothing to Angle still then Styles would throw a fit and things would really go downhill.

*rape sorry

Oh I know it won't. And I know that they won't, that was my point. TNA turns a blind eye to everything. Its why Angle is still champion, and its why if Daniels was to win it, he still will. Hense my comment of saying its stupid to say Hardy will never be seen in wrestling again, because even if WWE doesn't ever touch him again (which lets be honest, they will one day) there is always TNA....and Jeff's conviction won't hurt his chances of getting a push either.

Airfixx

EDITED due to linguistic/typing fail:

Jeff, with the amount of money he earns should be able to get suitable legal representation to ensure he spends no time in jail.

LOL.... I forgot, I can't believe Punk was allowed to mention this AT ALL @ Breaking Point.

monkeystyle

I'm putting my money on community service plus a brand spanking new WWE title run after his few hundred hours are up.

Airfixx

Did I miss something? Where did these supposed opium trafficking charges come into play? No mention of the stuff in the intial list of drugs found...

Sounds like there's a fair amount of tabloid-ism going on amongst all this.

I'll wait for the eventual verdict.

So, my American counterparts, has the mainstream media re-started the wrestling witch-hunt yet?