James Ellsworth Released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Barry had a long run with the company and a few mini pushes. Horowitz wins!!!!

I liked Elsworth they did not use him right IMHO. He should have been in the ring more (getting squashed), and he would be useful on 205 Live. You could even have a gimmick tag team with Curt Hawkins. I would prefer the odd jobber around vs the 50/50 booking.

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
When Ellsworth came along, there were many on this site (most of them are banned now) who really ironically liked Ellsworth. I could tell they really didn't like him, they were just saying they did because he was a funny looking jobber. I found their posts really rude and insulting. Although I am not now nor will I ever be a fan of Ellsworth, I didn't like what they were doing. And honestly, their fake love of the guy got really, really annoying to me.

I have no problem with Ellsworth really. He was a jobber who was never treated as anything but a jobber. YEAH, he beat AJ Styles three times, but we all know that he only did that because of Dean Ambrose. This, in actuality, only cemented his status in the WWE as a jobber. He was someone who couldn't win without someone who obviously also some him as a joke helping him. And yeah, Ambrose saw him as a joke because he made fun of AJ for continuously losing to Ellsworth. You don't make fun of a man for losing to another man unless you think the man who beat him was a joke.

I'm happy that he got to be in WWE for a while. He's not the first jobber who has been given a short main role. This angle has been done before, with Barry Horowitz and I am sure there were others. I didn't like him, but WWE was big enough for me to ignore him while he was there. Hope he was happy with his time there.
Everybody shits on 50/50 booking, but nobody likes having a good ol' jobber around.

Can't make em happy.

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
When Ellsworth came along, there were many on this site (most of them are banned now) who really ironically liked Ellsworth. I could tell they really didn't like him, they were just saying they did because he was a funny looking jobber. I found their posts really rude and insulting. Although I am not now nor will I ever be a fan of Ellsworth, I didn't like what they were doing. And honestly, their fake love of the guy got really, really annoying to me.

My sentiment for those people who are Alexa Bliss fans.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I could tell they really didn't like him, they were just saying they did because he was a funny looking jobber. I found their posts really rude and insulting.

I actually liked him at first. Not because of who he was but what he was. An every day average normal guy.
It was nice seeing someone different. BUT they quickly ran that into the ground. WWE tends to take a decent idea and ruin it and then let it carry on for months, and months, and months, and months, and months, and months, and months.... lol

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Everybody shits on 50/50 booking, but nobody likes having a good ol' jobber around.

Can't make em happy.

I neither shit on 50/50 booking and I have no problem with jobbers. I grew up watching wrestling where the majority of shows on TV, including Raw, had mostly jobber matches. I had no problem with it then and I have no problem with it now. It served a good purpose that it could still serve.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I actually liked him at first. Not because of who he was but what he was. An every day average normal guy.
It was nice seeing someone different. BUT they quickly ran that into the ground. WWE tends to take a decent idea and ruin it and then let it carry on for months, and months, and months, and months, and months, and months, and months.... lol

Yeah but you know those guys who remain nameless didn't like him. They were just being dumb.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Gosh I remember when I first was watching wrestling. For a while we didn't have cable and only had a few channels. The only wrestling we got was WWF Superstars and GLOW. Superstars came on Midnight on Saturday and GLOW came on at 1 AM. Superstars was always jobber matches with some clips from PPV or Prime Time Wrestling (which was the predecessor of Monday Night Raw). Even the TV was fuzzy. But hell, sometimes I wish I could experience that again because it was limited, but damn it was fun for me.

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
I neither shit on 50/50 booking and I have no problem with jobbers. I grew up watching wrestling where the majority of shows on TV, including Raw, had mostly jobber matches. I had no problem with it then and I have no problem with it now. It served a good purpose that it could still serve.
Oh, I was agreeing with you. I love a good jobber.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Oh, I was agreeing with you. I love a good jobber.

Oh sorry! I just woke up and thought you were disagreeing! My apologies *goes and hides behind the Big Show*

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I honestly didn't mind Ellsworth...until he was booked to interfere with the
MitB matches...then he earned a place on my shit list and I've wanted him
gone ever since.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't move him to RAW/205 Live and team
him up with Enzo...but I'm honestly happy to see the guy gone.

I'm happy for him...and hell I would have played his role if the WWE
had paid me to...but...he had his run...time to move on.

Who knows...maybe one day Ellsworth will return and be more than
a running joke & annoying sidekick.

Ellsworth vs. Gillberg at Wrestlemania 35...

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Superstars came on Midnight on Saturday and GLOW came on at 1 AM. Superstars was always jobber matches with some clips from PPV or Prime Time Wrestling (which was the predecessor of Monday Night Raw).
What you described doing watching wrestling is what basically I do now with watching New Japan shows live lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Jacob Fox