James Ellsworth Released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
James Ellsworth released

So after this guy being on our tv's for way too long, WWE finally cut the cord. I for one am very much alright with this.

No longer will the chinless wonder plague my tv.

• Haha
Reactions: Pop Tatari

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
The guy must have been on a one year contract, I'm guessing.

wow, they really fucked him up in that time...

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well this explains a lot about his last couple of weeks. I guess he had a good year for a supporting role. I actually didn't have anything against him, was fun to have someone like him around at times because we rarely get to see a "normal" person in a WWE ring. It also speaks value that he was able to be a natural babyface during his first few months but then also turn into a really annoying heel who got despised by both casual and internet fans.
Good night my sweet prince, I hope you made good money this year :smug:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
200.gif

@Grievous will be pleased

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
He had a damn good year and I thought that he could've been put on 205live or used in some other capacity but it is what it is. At least he'll be somewhat of a draw now on the Indies.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
He had a damn good year and I thought that he could've been put on 205live or used in some other capacity but it is what it is. At least he'll be somewhat of a draw now on the Indies.

I didn't even think of that. He is more well known now and it can serve him well for a few years on the indies. He won't have an issue finding work.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Wow...in the space of 2 weeks we've had...

~ Styles dethrone Jinder...
~ My Bae Charlotte win her 7th Championship...
&
~ The Blob Fish has been released...

This has been a great fortnight...
and finally Carmella can stand
on her own.

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
There's not enough DAMN RESPECT BEING PUT ON JAMES GEMSWORTH'S NAME IN THIS THREAD.

I really enjoyed his work. He was so good in his role. Pretty amazing how he did better character work than most of the top stars. He was truly one of the highlights of SmackDown for me.

While I don't think they should've let him go, I'm not terribly upset by it. Dude turned a squash match into a year+ run in the company and made history by getting involved in the first women's MITB. It's been a pretty sweet ride for someone who should've gotten slammed on the floor by Braun, never to be seen again.

Dude got to kiss Carmella and is able to bump up his indy prices. My man Gemsworth will do alright.

I do, however, hope over the years they'll bring him back for more squash matches. Especially after this run because then it could be "(insert name here) just destroyed James Ellsworth, a former WWE Superstar!"

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Ellsworth personally cracks me up but he has over stayed his welcome. Good for him though on catching his dream and making it to WWE.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
I don't get all the Ellsworth hate. The man is living his dream, a dream that was a very unlikely scenario before last year. Luck was on his side, and he played his role.

Was he an obnoxious presence who whenever you saw him you wanted to see him get the everliving shit kicked out of him? Yes. And he played that role to perfection. People call Bryan the perfect everyman character, but I think James Ellsworth is the embodiment of what that character should be.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
When Ellsworth came along, there were many on this site (most of them are banned now) who really ironically liked Ellsworth. I could tell they really didn't like him, they were just saying they did because he was a funny looking jobber. I found their posts really rude and insulting. Although I am not now nor will I ever be a fan of Ellsworth, I didn't like what they were doing. And honestly, their fake love of the guy got really, really annoying to me.

I have no problem with Ellsworth really. He was a jobber who was never treated as anything but a jobber. YEAH, he beat AJ Styles three times, but we all know that he only did that because of Dean Ambrose. This, in actuality, only cemented his status in the WWE as a jobber. He was someone who couldn't win without someone who obviously also some him as a joke helping him. And yeah, Ambrose saw him as a joke because he made fun of AJ for continuously losing to Ellsworth. You don't make fun of a man for losing to another man unless you think the man who beat him was a joke.

I'm happy that he got to be in WWE for a while. He's not the first jobber who has been given a short main role. This angle has been done before, with Barry Horowitz and I am sure there were others. I didn't like him, but WWE was big enough for me to ignore him while he was there. Hope he was happy with his time there.

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
When Ellsworth came along, there were many on this site (most of them are banned now) who really ironically liked Ellsworth. I could tell they really didn't like him, they were just saying they did because he was a funny looking jobber. I found their posts really rude and insulting. Although I am not now nor will I ever be a fan of Ellsworth, I didn't like what they were doing. And honestly, their fake love of the guy got really, really annoying to me.

This applies to me with people ironically enjoying Jinder Mahal as champion.