• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

I've grown to hate The Rock.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
I don't think anybody is disregarding The Rock's career, particularly as it pertains when he was a full time worker

It seems the majority see him as 'outdated.' The Rock's schtick has literally been the same since 1997 when most on this forum were pups

All the time he was away, you'd think he'd re-invent himself or slightly tweak his character

If this is a money grab, not trying to re-invent the wheel, he's doing a marvelous job. I give him full credit for being a brand, because that's exactly what he is

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
JC4Life37 said:
I don't think anybody is disregarding The Rock's career, particularly as it pertains when he was a full time worker

It seems the majority see him as 'outdated.' The Rock's schtick has literally been the same since 1997 when most on this forum were pups

All the time he was away, you'd think he'd re-invent himself or slightly tweak his character

If this is a money grab, not trying to re-invent the wheel, he's doing a marvelous job. I give him full credit for being a brand, because that's exactly what he is

Nope the majority dont see him as outdated. As a matter of fact 14 year old kids have no right to label someone from the 1997's outdated.
He re invented himself more times than punk and Cena combined. But once again i wouldnt expect a teenage kid who can barely speak english to understand that.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
JeebaK said:
Nope the majority dont see him as outdated. As a matter of fact 14 year old kids have no right to label someone from the 1997's outdated.
He re invented himself more times than punk and Cena combined. But once again i wouldnt expect a teenage kid who can barely speak english to understand that.

Again, very true. @[JeebaK] is right the Rock went through many changes in his character from face to heel and as a heel he was still entertaining like no other!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JeebaK is never right, you need to understand that.

The majority aren't sick of The Rock? I guess if you include casuals you might be right. But the majority of the IWC are becoming sick of the same catchphrases which get recognized as best mic segments of all time. If Rock on RAW this week calls Cena a candy ass, fruity pebbles and lady parts it'll be seen as one of the best promos ever.

I'm not sick of the Rock obviously because it's always entertaining either way when he's on TV, but he's grossly overrated. Cena > Rock on the mic at the moment, which is a kick in the face who say that the PG Era has created no one like Rock or Stone Cold.

Reactions: Snowman1

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
JeebaK said:

You're criticising a persons ability to use the English language?
8012768ce735536fd682b8ae3f1057c3.gif

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
JeebaK is never right, you need to understand that.

The majority aren't sick of The Rock? I guess if you include casuals you might be right. But the majority of the IWC are becoming sick of the same catchphrases which get recognized as best mic segments of all time. If Rock on RAW this week calls Cena a candy ass, fruity pebbles and lady parts it'll be seen as one of the best promos ever.

I'm not sick of the Rock obviously because it's always entertaining either way when he's on TV, but he's grossly overrated. Cena > Rock on the mic at the moment, which is a kick in the face who say that the PG Era has created no one like Rock or Stone Cold.

Maybe the IWC just loves to bitch, but 2011's Rock promos on Raw were always entertaining and always different (although his one at 'Mania was just awful because he had 20 minutes and nothing to say) As opposed to Stone Cold, who really just comes around to do his beer-drinking on the ropes. Both of these guys were great in the AE, but the fans almost expect the WWE's Water Touch (thanks, Windyfan) nowadays.

Nobody around here thinks Cena's bad on the mic, do they? It was just the content he was given. An edgier Cena is very good television, but he's never be as big of a star as Rock and Stone Cold. We'll always refer to the "next big thing" as the next Rock or Austin, and when they fail to live up to those massive expectations get compared to Hogan and Cena.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Cena is already there, he's no less of a star than Rock or Austin in my opinion. He's a world wide celebrity without doing any global movies and stuff like that. He's in the top 10 most popular athletes or something and on that list there's massive stars like Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Shaq, Michael Jordan, etc.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Cena is already there, he's no less of a star than Rock or Austin in my opinion. He's a world wide celebrity without doing any global movies and stuff like that. He's in the top 10 most popular athletes or something and on that list there's massive stars like Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Shaq, Michael Jordan, etc.

During the buildup of Survivor Series, maybe it was the excitement and build of the return of Rock, but it really felt like Cena wasn't close to him in terms of pure star power.

But Cena's still easily top-10 all time, if not top 5.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:

But the rock is still ahead of him be it in terms of wrestling skills, mic skills, star power, popularity, etc.
U r gonna bitch about that now? :sad:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JeebaK said:
But the rock is still ahead of him be it in terms of wrestling skills, mic skills, star power, popularity, etc.
U r gonna bitch about that now? :sad:

Star power yes because he's a global movie star, Cena isn't far behind and he's just a wrestler, shows how popular he is. Mic skills no, Cena is better on the stick now, the head to heads proved that. Star power, outside of WWE yes, inside of WWE I'd say it's even. Popularity, depends, popular with who? Fans? Then to the adult fans yes, not to the younger fans. Wrestling skills no, not even close.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Star power yes because he's a global movie star, Cena isn't far behind and he's just a wrestler, shows how popular he is. Mic skills no, Cena is better on the stick now, the head to heads proved that. Star power, outside of WWE yes, inside of WWE I'd say it's even. Popularity, depends, popular with who? Fans? Then to the adult fans yes, not to the younger fans. Wrestling skills no, not even close.

Ofcourse Cena never did movies how can i forget :cry:
Rock has been getting ovations like no nobody in the late 1999s to the early 2001, ovation like Cena never got in his whole career, and no rock wasnt a movie star by then. Your logic fails again.

Inside of WWE Rock is what sells shows more than Cena.

Cena is better at mic than he was before but certainly not even close to matching up with the rock. At mic rock is simply the best ever, by far.

Popularity, majority of the fans boo cena while rock doesnt get booed, thats enough to assume rock has got 10x more popularity and fans.

Wrestling skills, Cena is one of the worst in ring workers at wwe while rock, for his built, is an amazing in ring worker. Those side arm takedowns, cena havent got the fitness to perform them, and rock did them with ease at survivor series in his first match after 7 years.

Snowman1

Reaction score
JeebaK said:
Ofcourse Cena never did movies how can i forget :cry: He never did Hollywood movies or movies that anyone saw

Rock has been getting ovations like no nobody in the late 1999s to the early 2001, ovation like Cena never got in his whole career, and no rock wasnt a movie star by then. Your logic fails again.That's true, but stop flaming

Inside of WWE Rock is what sells shows more than Cena. Nostalgia always sells. Chyna got a massive pop in TNA. Should they sign her? We haven't seen Rock in forever and we see Cena every week, of course we'd be more excited about a special attraction

Cena is better at mic than he was before but certainly not even close to matching up with the rock. At mic rock is simply the best ever, by far.This is all just opinion either way.

Popularity, majority of the fans boo cena while rock doesnt get booed, thats enough to assume rock has got 10x more popularity and fans. A returning legend is going to get a bigger pop than a stale character? Really? If you follow the NBA, comparing the popularity of these guys is like comparing Kobe Bryant to Michael Jordan. One's on a very high pedestal because of how good he was, and the other just can't reach that high yet. When in reality, we can't compare the two since played/were popular at different times, in different eras, with different fanbases.

Wrestling skills, Cena is one of the worst in ring workers at wwe while rock, for his built, is an amazing in ring worker. Those side arm takedowns, cena havent got the fitness to perform them, and rock did them with ease at survivor series in his first match after 7 years. Prove this.