• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AceInfinity

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
tech.reboot.pro
That's not the length of the storyline rather the creative team.

A combination of both I protest. If the creative team can't come up with a good storyline for the lengthy period that they keep some of them going, then they should be shortened, they over-estimate the storylines they have though.

Or they keep them prolonged because the flow of ideas can't keep up with an agressive change.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
HHH never went over Punk cleanly though because they were interfered by Nash and Awesome Truth along with Johnny Ace.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It wasn't clean though, as it was debatable. Punk should have gone over clean against HHH at Mania. Why they rushed it I'll never know.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
By the way, this is the best thread you guys have going.
Nice back and forth and a ton of different opinions. Great job to everyone.

Just shows what happens when the trolls go away and the smart people just discuss things.

AceInfinity

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
tech.reboot.pro
It is all based on personal opinion, and what WWE tries to do is just accompany the wants of the majority. So if I see things a different way it doesn't really matter. I may be a minority for all anyone knows, but i'm still entitled to my own opinion. :)

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Am I remembering it wrong? I swear they both fought off the interferes and Punk was seen as putting up a great fight but HHH went over him?

Also this is how debates should be, JeebaK could learn something. #CouldOfRuinedTheThreadNow

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The problem was there were interferences in general, as if we're talking kayfabe Punk could blame his loss on something other then one man being better.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I'm more concerned over Nexus than Punk... That had a ton of potential, and it was so easy to not ruin it at Summerslam. Then obsessing over messing with Cena instead of doing things that would have done something... w/e

Imo, the flip-flopping of the belts is part of a bigger issue, Punk and Bryan retaining all the time does get kinda boring. If there were only 6 ppv's and 2 months in-between, would Punk's title reign be a lot more entertaining?

Snowman1

Reaction score
seabs said:
Nexus could have made a great storyline but Punk had the potential to be the star of the industry.

Nexus could have a top heel out of Barrett and made a whole lot of other guys look better in the process.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Crayo said:
You have no idea how much I miss Nexus, I marked hard for them.

They could still save it.
Wasn't Jericho Wade Barrett's pro in the initial NXT season?
WWE could still tie a nice ribbon around this thing if Chris is revealed as the ring leader
Barrett could interfere in the match and cost Punk the title (without further injuring his arm)
Nexus is 'she' and Wade is the little boy. Wade could work house shows w/Chris and improve his in-ring skills

By the time Chris leaves, Punk and Barrett can resume their leader of Nexus jealousy storyline