I've grown to hate The Rock.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah ^ or else my views on Rocky would be like I greatly aspire to be like him one day and I love watching him but nowadays he does piss me off by saying such weak things back to Cena that he would rarely say to the likes of HHH, SCSA, etc. If Rock actually brings "it" monday, I'll start praising him more again.

SpaceR

The Artiste
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I don't think many would argue that they prefer the PG era to the attitude era, but there's no need (in my opinion) to go on and on about how the AE was better instead of enjoying the good out of the current era and critique the bad. We've been treated too some pretty good story-lines in the PG era, just WWE didn't capitalize on them.

The Cena vs Punk story-line was as interesting in the beginning stages as most of the attitude era story-lines, it just didn't reach to its potential. That there is proof that the PG era isn't the reason for a bad product.

PG programming has very little do with the product, it's just the creative department.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
http://wweforums.net/showthread.php?tid=295 I posted this in the early days of the forum about my opinion on the AE. If anyone want's to read it feel free as I believe I expressed my points well.

AceInfinity

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
tech.reboot.pro
SpaceR said:
PG programming has very little do with the product, it's just the creative department.

People in my opinion who have watch WWE for a long time though don't enjoy the creative department as much as the "fight" department itself.

@Seabs-
The titles were passed around too much.

Who want's to see someone hold the title for a full year though to have it finally switched over to someone else at Wrestlemania and then let them hardly do anything for the rest of the year before it's finally yet once again up for another candidate to hold onto? It's nice to see active struggle for a title, so i'd disagree.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
You can struggle without passing the belt around like a prop no? Just because someone has a long reign doesn't mean they can't defend it every month see JBL as a prime example. Heel's with long runs make the belt look better and the babyfaces bigger when they beat them.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
The Rock is the greatest tool.... of all time(s)

The only guy who loves the AE more than JeebaK is the Rock.... The Rock finally came back to Anaheim? When did you ever leave ?

Dwayne always remembers the good ole days....namely 1997... the same guy w/the same schtick since 1997

I can't wait for him to return Monday,either.... He will Sweat profusely give us a a new 3 letter phrase and remind me why he still hasn't finished whatever it is he's cooking

AceInfinity

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
tech.reboot.pro
You can struggle without passing the belt around like a prop no?

Yeah, but it's the same thing as those matches that have over 100 failed pinfalls due to kickouts. It's dumb in my opinion. That doesn't happen in the real world. If you look at something like the UFC, and only comparing the title hold durations, it doesn't compare to show much reality or verisimilitude.

Just because someone has a long reign doesn't mean they can't defend it every month see JBL as a prime example. Heel's with long runs make the belt look better and the babyfaces bigger when they beat them.

That gets too repetative though. Things need to be changed up actively, and you can do it other ways than just having someone hold a title for say 25 years and finally have someone beat the person for that excitement. (Exaggeration on 25 years of course)

If a boxer held a title for 5 years straight for example, and someone finally beat them, perhaps there's the tension leading up, but that's only one small period of a climax result. Then it's over again and onto the next long boring wait.

People don't look at the overall excitement, they take excitement for what it is in that current moment, who would want to wait to see if the Rock for example can beat ... For the sake of argument Brock Lesnar in a year's time from now? It may be good, but to have the same thing happen every WWE year where one person reigns for such a long time is boring because they run out of ideas eventually for the storyline, and it ends up being the same thing over and over. 1vs1 conflict, and from time to time, a brawl here and there, more tension, and then a declared 1vs1 battle at Wrestlemania for the title.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't think lack of passion is the reason the product declined. My full blame goes to creative/backstage. What original gimmicks do we have now? 90% of the roster seems to be oiled up muscle freaks with small trunks. You watch the AE or TNA and what do you find? You see different gimmicks with different personalities, it's great.

Creative aren't complete dumbo's, "Summer of Punk" story-line and the "Debut of Nexus" were some of the best story-lines in history for me. Nexus beating people up for fun each week, burying the Undertaker for no reason and claiming it was a "bigger picture". The IWC was buzzed, what was this bigger thing? Just like Punk this year, he was flying, it was Punk vs Backstage conspiracy, and how did it end? He faces HHH in a much anticipated one on one match, and HHH goes over him cleanly. Makes me sick.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
So Cena vs The Rock isn't one of the most anticipated matches in history because it has had a year long build to it? The longer the wait the sweater the taste. Take Austin first title win if he had won it against Bret at SS 1996 or some time similar it didn't mean as much as winning it at Mania did it? Because the people were desperate to see it. It's like if you have a cat with a string if you move it away the cat chases it if you move it closer the cat gets bored. People aren't different tbh they want what they can't have. So if we give them a title change then snatch it away at the last second it means more when you do get it.

AceInfinity

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
tech.reboot.pro
You watch the AE or TNA and what do you find? You see different gimmicks with different personalities, it's great.

Yes! this is my exact perspective here too, it's all muscle but hardly as much charisma as there once was, and no real defined personality between wrestler to wrestler.

So Cena vs The Rock isn't one of the most anticipated matches in history because it has had a year long build to it?

That doesn't avoid the fact how boring every thing was in between.

It's like if you have a cat with a string if you move it away the cat chases it if you move it closer the cat gets bored

lol that's the opposite, trust me i've done that tons of times before, the cat gets bored if it knows it CAN'T catch the string. So it'll wait for you to bring it closer, and this is something I know for at least 5 different personalities of cats because my cousin has 4 of them and I tried with another cat at my friends house.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
But is the final result going to be bigger then them having a match say at extreme rules? You've got to pace yourself in wrestling otherwise it becomes a cluster fuck.

AceInfinity

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
tech.reboot.pro
You've got to pace yourself in wrestling otherwise it becomes a cluster fuck.

Anything exciting isn't paced out, it gives you all the more time to figure out how things are going to end through foreshadowing in my opinion. With faster paced things, that means there's more excitement for the reason i've stated in the sentence before this.

Look at this. The crowd just wants them to start.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
To be honest slowing things down is better in my opinion. Look at Nexus for example (not sure if you watched this story-line), but it was incredible until it all came to an end at Summerslam suddenly. If it was stretched for a further 6 months including a corporate stable and every member having a title - would make it even more epic when it finally ends and would put over the guy who ended it greatly.

AceInfinity

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
tech.reboot.pro
Yeah, it depends on the storyline, but you have to have a great storyline for paced things to be interesting, because you have to make it interesting the whole way. The more prolonged storylines they make though i'd say about 70% of them are boring for the reason that they keep it going too long.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
That's not the length of the storyline rather the creative team. For example Steen vs Generico is widely regarded as one of the best feuds in pro wrestling from the past few years and that lasted for a year with them clashing still to this day. I guess you haven't seen it as it occurred mainly in ROH with a few instances in PWG but you can still get the idea right?