It Begins Promo Discussion *Updated*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_pipe_bomb

Jobber
Reaction score
RE: 2nd January 2012

Crayo said:
True, that did throw me off. That's what makes these vignettes so epic, I generally have no idea who it is. Last year I called Undertaker vs HHH instantly, when Sting was the biggest rumour at the time. I just doubt WWE would pull out 5 (or 4) vignettes for the predictable return of Undertaker, knowing they're most likely going to disappoint people now.

It's Jericho though, I'm sure of it. The latest vignette has so many hints (dirty sheets reported it would). Chris is crossed out on the book. 0.18 in the video is the maple leaf (Canadian home flag) then it disappears. It's just got to be Jericho.

2nd of January:

[Y]: Year
[2]: Second
[J] January

Coincidence?

see i also heard that the park is filmed in is some park in winnipeg Jericho's home town tbh i think the only reason i am saying agains it is because it IS Jericho and i am hoping for a suprise also it would be the third time Jericho used some sort of cryptic video to come back its predictable will these hints could be used to throw us off

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Well he has done it before yes, but I wouldn't say it's predictable, well; not enough for the casuals to not be surprised. Also, Jericho has said if he returns to WWE again he'll have a completely different character. I'm excited for that. Even if it is Jericho, I don't think many "smarks" can say they still won't mark. Because even though we're predicting it now, I'll still be surprised if it is him. Because it's only speculation our discussions now, nothing is fact. Even thinking about Jericho returning with Punk and thinking over those future promos and matches gives me the goosebumps.

The_pipe_bomb

Jobber
Reaction score

Crayo said:
Well he has done it before yes, but I wouldn't say it's predictable, well; not enough for the casuals to not be surprised. Also, Jericho has said if he returns to WWE again he'll have a completely different character. I'm excited for that. Even if it is Jericho, I don't think many "smarks" can say they still won't mark. Because even though we're predicting it now, I'll still be surprised if it is him. Because it's only speculation our discussions now, nothing is fact. Even thinking about Jericho returning with Punk and thinking over those future promos and matches gives me the goosebumps.

Yeah i agree it would be amazing and he is the one i would like to see i mean Punk vs Jericho in a best in the world match would one of the greatest on the Card for Wrestlemania i mean we already have Rock vs Cena then Jericho vs Punk and the Taker match those three alone are how would i put it Bonified Slobberknockers

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

The_pipe_bomb said:
Yeah i agree it would be amazing and he is the one i would like to see i mean Punk vs Jericho in a best in the world match would one of the greatest on the Card for Wrestlemania i mean we already have Rock vs Cena then Jericho vs Punk and the Taker match those three alone are how would i put it Bonified Slobberknockers

Haha epic, repped for that :).

I didn't even think of labelling it a best in the world match. I assume if Jericho was to return against Punk, Jericho would be heel. Which means Punk will go over him at Wrestlemania which is fine (I'm a mark for both), and it will proceed to push Punk higher and higher so he can surpass Cena as the face of WWE. As Cena (I feel) will be turning heel at Mania.

The_pipe_bomb

Jobber
Reaction score

Crayo said:
The_pipe_bomb said:

Haha epic, repped for that :).

I didn't even think of labelling it a best in the world match. I assume if Jericho was to return against Punk, Jericho would be heel. Which means Punk will go over him at Wrestlemania which is fine (I'm a mark for both), and it will proceed to push Punk higher and higher so he can surpass Cena as the face of WWE. As Cena (I feel) will be turning heel at Mania.

now not exactly i think there has been a few Face vs Face matches at Mania like Cena vs HBK WM23 and just because Punk will be the Face does not mean he will win :) Orton vs Cena and HHH 24 Orton won Last Year Cody vs Rey again Cody won :D Jericho vs Edge you know so Jericho could still win but saying that it would Kill punks best in the world gimmick

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Yeah but face vs face matches going into mania can be tough to build from January, unless they're 2 big massive stars who are too respected to get boo'd (IE Taker vs HHH last year). One of them would need to be heel to make the promos even better, and in my opinion that should be Jericho, well it will be if one does go heel. As for the result, Jericho has said he likes putting over the younger talent more than winning. So Jericho will 99% be losing this which is fine, as it will definitely push Punk to the top.

The_pipe_bomb

Jobber
Reaction score

ah yeah well i see your point i mean i agree it would be alot better if Jericho was Heel but the Fude could go on longer and have Jericho win atleast one match i mean he deserves atleast that

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Oh of course. Punk and Jericho should get wins over eachother. I'm interested how they'd work this feud if it is indeed Jericho, since there's going to be 2 more PPV's before Mania.

The_pipe_bomb

Jobber
Reaction score

maybe Punk says if you want a shot work your way there meaning he needs to go through the rumble (and fails) he is in the elimination chamber match and wins setting up punk vs Jericho one on one for mania Punk wins and one last rematch for Extreme Rules Punk wins again that would be a good fude done right i think

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Not bad. I probably think that's how they're going to do it to be honest. If he is of course back, can't wait either way. I doubt even WWE can screw up this feud.

The_pipe_bomb

Jobber
Reaction score

it would be impossible for them too because punk and jericho could carry it themselves with out a script :D i hope that does happen because it mean's it'l be a good 4 month fude

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

If they really let punk loose on the mic, which I think they will as a babyface, I can see him out doing Jericho on the mic. Plus Jericho will probably ease up abit to ensure Punk gets put over.

I'm talking like this version of Punk :

Rather then now were he seems to be very limited on what he says so he doesn't full out bury people who can't hang with him.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

I think they're different circumstances. Without boundaries, Punk would be hard to stop. He'd probably out do The Rock with ease. But being good on the mic in WWE is a completely different skill, and no doubt Punk is up there still with the best. But I can see Jericho (if he doesn't tone down) tearing his gimmick apart. Will be great though, they have too much respect for each other to shoot on each other (CM Punk recently has unnecessarily buried ADR and Miz, when both of those were trying to sell the PPV) . So it will all be kayfabe I hope. Hell, we're speaking as if Jericho is definitely;y returning here.

Let's hope we haven't jinxed it :)

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Jericho is going to be really dependent on his alignment imo. If he's babyface then I can see him getting the better of Punk here as he seems to be getting abit repetitive with his insults. However if we have a heel Jericho I can see him being booked so Punk goes over in most segments.

Hopefully we get promos similar to the Jericho HBK feud. I loved Jericho during that time.