Impact Wrestling - Weekly Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
There's 2 questions on this show that really seemed to loom over my head.

1: What is EC3 so pissed off about? Can you not explain why his title shot is in such jeopardy on this show? I suppose it's because "if Aries wins the title, then Kurt would be the #1 on the Impact top five, meaning EC3 is SOL". Easy.
2: Why does Kong have to do a "lingerie pillow fight" because Taryn said so?

I'll give it a quality 8/10 though, enjoyed the vast majority of the show. Yes, Jacob, even the main event. And especially Awesome Kong running over chicks, that never gets old :eek:tunga:

Not a fan of the X tite hot shotting and it always being given up for option C. EC3 the best heel, Spud best babyface. The show was fine.

You know how I am with mid-card belts, but I'm happy that it's always given up for Option C. Makes the World TItle more valuable, I usually just hate the "drama" that goes with it. I didn't buy that Sabin wanted to keep the X-Title, a belt he's held many times... but only I'd know that as the ultimate Sabin fanboy and self-deprecating jackass who'll bait the shit out of Aids - and I CERTAINLY didn't buy it with Austin Aries last year... But this year? With Spud's passionate promos about how he spent 15 years, busting his ass on the indies just to get to this point, and how winning the X-Title was a dream come true... I believed him. Because Rockstar Spud is the best babyface in all of pro wrestling, hell I'd take him over Sami Zayn or Whoever's Facing Cena at this point. And because I believed it it made his "I'm cashing in BECAUSE FUCK YOU THAT'S WHY" reasoning faneffingtastic. He actually could get that bullshit of losing the title to Kenny King for no reason over.

Also, screw B&V for hating the barbershop quartet. That was money :dawg:

One thing that annoys me is when guys DON'T successfully cash in Feast or Fired though. So often, the people who win those "good" briefcases wind up doing nothing in the end and it hurts the concept.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Bait taken.
giphy.gif

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
You know how I am with mid-card belts, but I'm happy that it's always given up for Option C. Makes the World TItle more valuable, I usually just hate the "drama" that goes with it. I didn't buy that Sabin wanted to keep the X-Title, a belt he's held many times... but only I'd know that as the ultimate Sabin fanboy and self-deprecating jackass who'll bait the shit out of Aids - and I CERTAINLY didn't buy it with Austin Aries last year... But this year? With Spud's passionate promos about how he spent 15 years, busting his ass on the indies just to get to this point, and how winning the X-Title was a dream come true... I believed him. Because Rockstar Spud is the best babyface in all of pro wrestling, hell I'd take him over Sami Zayn or Whoever's Facing Cena at this point. And because I believed it it made his "I'm cashing in BECAUSE FUCK YOU THAT'S WHY" reasoning faneffingtastic. He actually could get that bullshit of losing the title to Kenny King for no reason over.

Also, screw B&V for hating the barbershop quartet. That was money :dawg:

One thing that annoys me is when guys DON'T successfully cash in Feast or Fired though. So often, the people who win those "good" briefcases wind up doing nothing in the end and it hurts the concept.
I also didn't find anything wrong with the quartet, agreed. I'm not a fan of the Option C deal because, well, it's their only midcard title, EVERY year they cash it in for the WHC... you know, it's just that seeing what Lethal has done with his midcard title makes me believe that midcard titles can matter (not that I want the X champ to arguably be the top champ, but you got the point). Also, it's never built well. I agree that Spud is the best babyface promo today, so yes, it was better this time, but last year for example it was pretty bad (Aries just randomly won the belt to job for the 2nd time), and even this year KK won the belt, had NO defenses, Spud had one week's build... just really not a fan of the overall concept and how they do it every time. I would've preferred they did it that one time with Aries and that was it.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I wonder what match Spud gets at Slammiversary, could he join The Rising for one time only to fight the BDC?

Snowman1

Reaction score
Speaking of Slammiversary, they've announced EC3 vs Angle has been pulled from the PPV and will air on the July 1 Impact. [HASHTAG]#July1Warning[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#TroubleTroubleTroubleApproaching[/HASHTAG]
can't wait for you to react to that one, Leo. Guess they thought the James Storm angle was SO great that it's ME worthy.

Crusader... The easy answer is "Well they're throw him in some 6-man X-Division garbage" but... Ya know, I wish they'd add an extra rule onto Option C saying "If you cash the belt in you can't go for the X-Division Title for another six months"

In theory sticking him with the Rising seems like such a waste, but he does have so much history with Ki and Kenny. A promo battle with MVP on the go-home show would be nice hype and will get a few streams, yeah

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Speaking of Slammiversary, they've announced EC3 vs Angle has been pulled from the PPV and will air on the July 1 Impact. [HASHTAG]#July1Warning[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#TroubleTroubleTroubleApproaching[/HASHTAG]
can't wait for you to react to that one, Leo. Guess they thought the James Storm angle was SO great that it's ME worthy.

Crusader... The easy answer is "Well they're throw him in some 6-man X-Division garbage" but... Ya know, I wish they'd add an extra rule onto Option C saying "If you cash the belt in you can't go for the X-Division Title for another six months"

In theory sticking him with the Rising seems like such a waste, but he does have so much history with Ki and Kenny. A promo battle with MVP on the go-home show would be nice hype and will get a few streams, yeah
:lol1: Why put the big world title match on PPV? I mean, if they were going to do that wouldn't it be easier to have Spud/Angle on Destination X and then put the Aries match on PPV? I mean, I really shouldn't be surprised though, TNA doesn't really care about PPVs all that much for a long time.

Snowman1

Reaction score
:lol1: Why put the big world title match on PPV? I mean, if they were going to do that wouldn't it be easier to have Spud/Angle on Destination X and then put the Aries match on PPV? I mean, I really shouldn't be surprised though, TNA doesn't really care about PPVs all that much for a long time.

Best answer gets a like:

Why does this PPV exist? :haha:

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Apparently they planned to do Angle-EC3 on PPV but scheduling problems forced them do to their post-Slammiversary tapings before the PPV and now they decided to go with the July 1 episode - possibly more viewers on TV but then again this is THE match anyone would buy Slammiversary 2015 for. Would top Slammiversary 2014 IMO. But anyways, Spud on the mic with MVP would be awesome. Kinda hoping they either do Angle and Lashley vs EC3 and EY as the main event or somehow pull up a surprise cross-promotion match with Angle defending against someone. Even if we know Angle wins, it would be nice for TNA to treat Slammiversary properly again.

Heck, it looks like aside from the main event, they will. Although July 1 being Bell 2 Bell worries me slightly. I could see them doing Angle vs EC3, a fallout match from Magnus vs Storm because I think Bram joins The Revolution and an X-Division match with whoever wins at Slammiversary (I think Tigre Uno) and the man who is not pinned (Low Ki probably).

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Oh good lord, that thing is uuuuuugly. Blue looked so much better, heck, red was the signature X-Division colour.

Looks too bright and out of place.