Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 5/31: Impact Goes Live!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Joey Ryan would have been the best addition to the X-Division, with Sabin and Aries and a few others. Jesus fuck.

TNA doesn't hire him, now let's hope WWE does.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Some odd decisions made on this show. Sting getting himself another TNA title shot on PPV is so stupid. He shouldn't be in title matches every three months, when he returns he should be in non-title feuds since it is much more important to put other talents in the title scene.

Finishing with the Dixie/AJ angle was a bit odd, not the strongest way to finish a show with a weak angle. Would have made more sense if they finished with the Roode/Sting match. I get that they wanted to start the show with a bang but the balance wasn't right.

Seems like Samoa Joe is going to start a feud with Aries soon which should be fantastic.

Brooke Hogan getting booed like crazy shows that fans were sick of Garrett and didn't want to see another person getting a push for no reason other than nepotism.

TV title match finishing with a No Contest wouldn't have been how I booked it. Would have been smarter to book a title change on the first live show and this was their chance.

Joey Ryan not getting a contract surprised me, I thought that he was a shoe-in to become another X-Division wrestler. Good exposure for him though.

Killz

Reaction score
TNA cannot do anything right and this is from a damn avid supporter and a regular viewer for YEARS. Top to bottom, this card sucked. For a first live show? The opening match was passable but what did that victory do for Sting? Gave him another title shot...well why even go through the formality of a contendership match these days? The idea that Sting is still regularly on TV going over guys like the World Champion is making me feel unwell. He's too old, I've stopped enjoying him. Feed Roode mid-card faces, feed his ego, feed his title reign. Hell have him put on epics with X-Division wrestlers but always end up looking dominant. THAT is how you'd build for Storms return because if Roode beats Sting it doesn't feel like a big deal anymore, you can physically SEE Sting is an old man. If Roode loses to Sting? He loses his heat and momentum. Position Roode as the STAR, the FACE, don't keep trying to tell us Sting is the face on iMPACT WRESTLING because people are no longer surprised by Sting or want to see him going forward. Every match looks like it could be his last hurrah.

As for the other main angles...or what there were of them. I mean really, your first live show of a series of live shows and the Attitude Era motto of "anything can happen" doesn't come into the equation once? No title change after a boring TV title match that had a dodgy finish. Brilliant.

Brooke Hogan? Another Garrett or however you spell his name. If they wanted to make the crowd happy, and who knows if it's a work or not, listen to them IN SHOW. It's live, you can be working behind the scenes, and realise that the actual wrestling fans would have POPPED for Joey Ryan being signed and did NOT want to hear Brooke Hogan talk.

As for the final match? They are two good competitors, nothing we haven't seen before, and a weak-ass, audio clip storyline progression was what closed the show? That's your main event? Are you kidding me?

TNA is getting on my nerves. They pepper live audiences with models and actors/actresses so there isn't a live crowd. They do not book sensically, they do not follow through on anything and they do not highlight the X-Division or Tag divisions well enough to capitalise on the talent they have or the entertainment of the matches. (AA might be the exception here). Bye bye casual wrestling fan. They don't sign Joey Ryan, they keep Sting/Hogan in the spotlight, old past it guys are getting the title shots, RVD keeps phoning it in and guys like Anderson and Pope fall of the FACE OF THE EARTH for months at a time. Plus they act shocked when Flair pulls a Flair? See you later internet fan base. On no front do they succeed in engaging with their audience and they need to change things for next weeks show.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Backstage Reaction To TNA's Live Impact & Brooke Hogan
PWInsider.com is reporting the morale in TNA was up last night following the live show.

There was a positive feeling backstage with many wrestlers feeling more excited about TNA after putting on the live show.

Brooke Hogan was said to have gotten along with everyone which she reportedly has in her previous visits prior to being hired. It is said that Brooke being brought in was completely Dixie Carter's idea, neither Hulk Hogan or Eric Bischoff had anything to do with it.

C'mon, Hulk and Eric had nothing to do with it? What a complete utter lie, Hulk would have been in Dixies ear all the time trying to get his daughter hired. I'm sure the knockouts/people will get sick of Brooke after a while as all she has going for her is her dads name and she has no clue about the wrestling business.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Given that Dixie essentially runs the Knockout division, I have no doubts that she will have been the one who wanted Brooke hired.