Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 5/31: Impact Goes Live!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
impact1.jpg

Kicking off this Thursday's IMPACT in a new start time will be World Heavyweight Champion, Bobby Roode vs the returning Sting. Roode and Sting met earlier this year at Victory Road where Roode came out victorious by the skin of his teeth. Following a massive beatdown at the hands of Roode, Sting resigned from his GM position and took some time away from IMPACT Wrestling.

In a new start time on a Live edition of IMPACT Wrestling, the ring will be surrounded by IMPACT Wrestling Stars in a Lumberjack Match. One has to believe that they will play a part in this non-title contest. Tune in this Thursday LIVE starting at 8/7 Central to see this major showdown.

Hopefully the live shows spark some more interest in TNA, not really to excited about Sting coming back again in the title picture but it is what it is, and can deal with it as long as he's not winning the title.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Live TNA...

Hrmmm, I may be online to watch this. Should be interesting.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I really worry they'll put the title back on Sting, surely TNA aren't THAT stupid?

Ben

Reaction score
They see Sting as there biggest star, granted he's ONE of there biggest name, but he doesn't draw shit. With that though I think there's a chance they put the belt on him. There obviously hoping that the live shows will drive up the ratings, and they prob think they'll get to the level they want with a "established" guy like Sting as champ.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
It was recently revealed that Mr. Anderson will be the second option to vote for in the TNA TV Title match scheduled for this Thursday's live edition of TNA Impact Wrestling.

Thus far, besides Anderson, the only other official option is Rob Van Dam. Two more wrestlers will be revealed on Wednesday and Thursday, for a total of four voting options.

I'll be watching this weeks IMPACT just to see how it is live.. Hardy and Bully Ray will be the next two that are revealed imo.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am a lot more interested in Impact at the moment because of the live aspect. I want to see how they book the show and how they work everyone into the new format. It should be better for them in the long run by being able to alter angles each week according to fan reaction rather than waiting a whole month before they can do anything about it.

Not too keen on fans voting for the TV title challenger, not sure why they can't just book the division like a true division. I am very confident that Devon will drop the title this week, TNA will want to have at least one title change to get the fans to think that anything can happen now that they are live. Devon can drop it to either RVD or Samoa Joe and the title will be saved.

Not surprised that Sting is already back in the mainevent but I don't want it to happen. Sting should be like Taker where he returns but steers clear of the titles.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It would have been a huge deal if Storm returned now to face Roode but Sting is just not believable in the ring with these younger guys anymore. His matches for the last year prove that at the very most. I don't expect this be any different. If Roode loses here it will be a travesty to say the least.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
When you don't watch TNA for a while and then come back to it, you realise how fucking small their ring looks.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
I'm not the only one thought their ring looked rather small then!?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Fab's obviously on impactwrestling.com ordering his Crimson Army shirt that's why he's not posting 8D

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Wait I figured out why it's small...

It's a promo size ring... How can forget the most important of TNA iMPACT WRESTLING... The promos, they got a smaller ring so they promos seem more close and intense... What an idiot I am!

Dale, your fault.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua