Hulk Hogan: Triple H Told Him He's Welcomed Back To WWE With Open Arms

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
First of all its a mistake for TNA to break the bank to keep him, freakly Hogan's name for them has not meanlt too much and they do except the expereiment has failed.

It would have been good to have seen Hogan at Mania 30 just for a one off appearance (Not sure about a match) I still think it might happen at one.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Was a work all along IMO, no matter how stupid people think Dixie is (rightly so), I didn't see her going on TV begging Hogan to stay if there wasn't a clear plan for him to stay on.

Just can't see her making TNA look so second rate like that.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Was a work all along IMO, no matter how stupid people think Dixie is (rightly so), I didn't see her going on TV begging Hogan to stay if there wasn't a clear plan for him to stay on.

Just can't see her making TNA look so second rate like that.

I semi-agree with this. But it still wouldn't surprise me if Hulk's just like "Fuck it" once contract negotiations really start because at this point, Dixie probably just believes he'll stay and is already making a shit ton of plans even though nothing's confirmed because that's how she does business :lmao

Sigma Manatee

Reaction score
Only Hulk Hogan appearance I would be happy with would be some form of Guest Host spot. We get some Hulk Hogan promos, we get him coming out to Real American, maybe get a heel for him to hulk up on and then he can give us some poses in the middle of the ring for that fun moment. Hogan at WM30 should be nothing more than a novelty.

AF.

Reaction score
Understandable. Hulk is the biggest legend in wrestling.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Hulk Hogan reportedly has agreed to work with World Wrestling Entertainment again for a short-term run with the company according to a report by Examiner.com.

Their report mentions that although Hogan has not signed a legends deal, he has verbally agreed to work a match and there is even talk of him being a surprised entrant in the 2014 Royal Rumble. Examiner wrote the following about Hogan's return to the company:

“We knew this would happen at some point. It’s my understanding that there isn’t a contract in place, but there’s a verbal agreement that will move forward. It’s just a good fit for everybody involved, especially with the milestone WrestleMania 30 coming up. Hogan needed to finish up his stuff with TNA and just come home.”

For what its worth.

I personally think wm30 is too big to pass up for him and the wwe too with em trying to launch a network since Hulkamania is so part of the companies DNA. It seems like they would want all hands on deck that they can get

Reaction score
For what its worth.

I personally think wm30 is too big to pass up for him and the wwe too with em trying to launch a network since Hulkamania is so part of the companies DNA. It seems like they would want all hands on deck that they can get

Second best news I've read all day aside from Stephanie getting the Latex on.

Question is, who does Hulk Hogan face that can carry him to a good match? Him vs Sting for ten minutes in a bloody street fight was way better than I or anyone expected but is there anyone on the roster who could do the same.

Please not 'Taker or Cena, they need to face each other tbh.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm not really sure. A tag match maybe where he gets the hot tag. I'd say the biggest thing is getting a commitment then seeing his shape heading into mania. I'd guess they would evaluate what he can handle, 1 on 1 or a tag match.

Weez

Reaction score
I'm not really sure. A tag match maybe where he gets the hot tag. I'd say the biggest thing is getting a commitment then seeing his shape heading into mania. I'd guess they would evaluate what he can handle, 1 on 1 or a tag match.

If it's one thing I can say about Hogan,it's that he really always has been committed to his conditioning. He'll LOOK as badass as he can get his aging body to look. It just won't have the same effect if Hogan isn't in a 1 on 1 match.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I know he will try, just little things can happen in training and everyday life. A tweak here, sprain there. I'd like him in a one on one match, but it's not best to commit to that until after the chamber ppv. Even if he works rumble, don't decide its one on one there until he checks out in March. I just wouldn't rule out a tag match, but it's definitely a plan B. I don't know who I'd want him to face in a fight, but I know hulk will try to be in shape and deliver on the grand stage since he hasn't worked mania in years

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
No match.

Run-in for a Mania moment and one talking segment the next night on Raw is better than a match.

This wouldn't help buyrates, it will be a nostalgia pop and feel good moment, and that's all it should be. What does it say about your current product full of your smarky favorites on top, if you are actually thinking a 60 yr old with fake knees, a hip and bum back in a match is a good idea?

Think smart people.

Weez

Reaction score
I know he will try, just little things can happen in training and everyday life. A tweak here, sprain there. I'd like him in a one on one match, but it's not best to commit to that until after the chamber ppv. Even if he works rumble, don't decide its one on one there until he checks out in March. I just wouldn't rule out a tag match, but it's definitely a plan B. I don't know who I'd want him to face in a fight, but I know hulk will try to be in shape and deliver on the grand stage since he hasn't worked mania in years

Well, who are you going to work with him? It's Hogan, he NEED to go over at WM30. If it's a new guy, he needs to be able to work and protect Hogan from himself, really.

CM Punk comes to mind, honestly. Punk is WORKRATE. His Springboard attacks and jumpy style would bring some flash and balance to Hogan's more methodical grounded style. Punk is a submissions guy, so Hogan has plenty of time to rest. And Punk has that "Best in the World" gimmick going, which is perfect for (kayfabe) "The Greatest of All Time"

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
No match.

Run-in for a Mania moment and one talking segment the next night on Raw is better than a match.

This wouldn't help buyrates, it will be a nostalgia pop and feel good moment, and that's all it should be. What does it say about your current product full of your smarky favorites on top, if you are actually thinking a 60 yr old with fake knees, a hip and bum back in a match is a good idea?

Think smart people.
We got to disagree on one thing deezy. There's one thing wwe and Vince never cashed in on. Even with a 60 year old Hulk, they've never actually cashed in on hogans billed last/retirement match in a wwe ring.

As for a run in, like you said it, it would make sense if it were the Real Americans, since there's only one real American who fights for the rights of every man in history. That's option C to me.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well, who are you going to work with him? It's Hogan, he NEED to go over at WM30. If it's a new guy, he needs to be able to work and protect Hogan from himself, really.

CM Punk comes to mind, honestly. Punk is WORKRATE. His Springboard attacks and jumpy style would bring some flash and balance to Hogan's more methodical grounded style. Punk is a submissions guy, so Hogan has plenty of time to rest. And Punk has that "Best in the World" gimmick going, which is perfect for (kayfabe) "The Greatest of All Time"
Punk is a decent option in a third or fourth main event scenario. He would need to be heel again of course because a face vs face encounter really won't work for Punk. It can't be worse than him vs Ryback, I refuse to believe Hogan in a walker would have a worse match than anything Ryback has had with Punk

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
We got to disagree on one thing deezy. There's one thing wwe and Vince never cashed in on. Even with a 60 year old Hulk, they've never actually cashed in on hogans billed last/retirement match in a wwe ring.

As for a run in, like you said it, it would make sense if it were the Real Americans, since there's only one real American who fights for the rights of every man in history. That's option C to me.

I don't think using in the ring would be beneficial to either parties, putting him out there could kill Hulkamania if he stunk the joint out or worse got hurt during the match. You kill your nostalgia trip and you just set yourself up for criticism from everybody if this blows up in your face. Not to mention you will make grown men cry.

I don't think using in the ring would be beneficial to either parties, putting him out there could kill Hulkamania if he stunk the joint out or worse got hurt during the match. You kill your nostalgia trip and you just set yourself up for criticism from everybody if this blows up in your face. Not to mention....If you hurt my friend, then you hurt my pride, I gotta be a man, I can't let it slide.