How Far Has WWE Dropped?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I aint talkin about Mania 29.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Still need to see the finished product. People were shitting on the Payback card.
Shield break up match
Cena vs Wyatt
DB vs HHH
Bork Taker

I just fail to see how anyone can be bitching bout this

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Shield break up match
Cena vs Wyatt
DB vs HHH
Bork Taker

I just fail to see how anyone can be bitching bout this
DB Vs HHH can be hit or miss basing off of HHH's recent matches but then again he's facing Bryan. Still would prefer Bryan in the world title match but whatever, big match none the less. Bork Vs Taker will be fuckin awesome, build up has me worried but its not anything massive. Cena Vs Wyatt will be a beast match and beast build.

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
The Ortista sitch is shit, then not shit. So it evens out. Everything besides that is great.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I wouldn't say it has dropped much since then, I mean The Wyatts weren't doing anything at the time, neither were The Shield, we had the never ending Heyman/Punk feud going on, and the whole Cena/Bryan thing had little to no build. Now, we have The Wyatts/Shield putting on great segments and matches together, fresh talent finally being pushed, a Lesnar/Taker Mania match, and Daniel Bryan is finally getting retribution towards the Authority. The only bad thing going on right now is Orton/Batista, but I'm even looking forward to that just for the sheer fact that it's gonna be absolutely hilarious when it gets buried by the crowd.

I get that you're upset that your favorite isn't going after the title and that Batista is getting the spot you think Bryan deserves, but you shouldn't go and say the whole product sucks now. At least your favorite is getting as much exposure as he is, he could be one of the one's who barely get air time and when they do they lose in quick matches but he's not.

Last edited:

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
I am thinking back to last year, between Payback-Summerslam WWE was at an all time high compared to earlier years, weekly shows were great, PPVs were high quality and there was a lot of hope for the product and listening to the Summerslam theme saddens me to see this hope has just died and the product has died completely. The general feeling on the forum around that time was excitement. Payback, MITB and Summerslam had great live discussions and everyone was pumped and were even excited for the pre show. it was MITB iirc where people were talking well before the pre show which is a rare thing to see. I honestly cant be the only person feeling this way. Payback, MITB and Summerslam are some of my favourite times on this forum just because of the overall product and excitement around here and its sadly missed. Look at how the product has dropped in short: Summerslam Main Event: Bryan Vs Cena. Mania Main Event: Orton Vs Batista.

I guarantee you are over-exaggerating. You mention 'the product' twice and 'overall product' once, yet your biggest argument are the main events being featured. Main events are only a part of the 'overall product.'

Your argument would carry far more weight if you mentioned that the quality of matches had dropped, promos were far too long, too many guest hosts or the fans were just being overall apathetic

Batista is being booed and Bryan/Ziggler are being cheered massively, that doesn't sound like 'the product has died completely.

WWE hasn't dropped at all. When arenas are empty and Vince begins showing up on TV then you know the product is slightly tipsy. Just my take, thats all

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
It's not like that period from last year wasn't without it's complaints or anything. People thought the Cena/Ryback feud was boring, they criticized the idea of turning Ryback heel at all (especially just to feed him to Cena right out the gate), they were disappointed that Curtis Axel (who proved to be quite uncharismatic right from the get-go) was the new Paul Heyman Guy, they were disappointed that The Shield were winning championships since most people thought it'd be a step down for them (especially when it came to Ambrose holding the United States Title) and even though the double turn at Payback was brilliant, ADR was still a boring heel to most and yet they slapped the WHC back on him and by the end of the Summer, people could already start to tell that Ziggler was being phased out of the WHC scene. I guess people only remember the good - Mark Henry getting a title shot and especially Daniel Bryan finally getting his shot and a chance to get a huge clean win over Cena, which he did.

I'd say things are better now than they were during the Summer of last year. People have always critiqued Cena for not putting over new stars who could use the rub and yet here he is working with Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania of all places after just having a high-profile feud with the Rock (of all people) at the last two events. Even if Cena goes over (which is in doubt), Wyatt being in that kind of position can do nothing but benefit from it. We're also getting Undertaker vs Lesnar, something most people have wanted to see since Lesnar returned in 2012. The Shield breakup will be glorious to see given that it'd be damn interesting to see what these three finally do once they're off on their own paths. Orton/Batista being shit on by the crowd should prove to be hilarious. Bryan is still in a big match against Triple H - which I still say has a fairly decent chance of headlining - and defeating HHH on the grand stage will easily prove to be just as big of a Wrestlemania moment as him winning the championship would be. Not that I DISAGREE with being upset that he isn't winning the championship at Mania this year (given that these past several months pointed towards this being Bryan's year) but a feud and victory over Triple H is hardly a step down imo, and Summerslam last year proved that Bryan finally capturing the gold on any PPV will still provide him (and the fans) with a big career-defining moment.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Adam, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm surprised you'd be the one to post this thread. I can understand people complaining about storylines and characters and personalities which has always been a problem and may always will be, but you're a big sucker for ringwork and Raw match quality is kick-ass right now. Guess all we can do is enjoy the good. Show-wise people are right, it's not that much worse. The whole thing is the buzz about the product and the optimism we all had over in the summer. It really felt like WWE was getting behind the new guys (and they may still do some great stuff with many of the guys on the roster) but now that 'Mania season's coming around they're just dusting off all the old veterans again.

You know what? This is our fault. We should have known this was coming.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I fail to see how WWE isn't behind new guys. The Shield and Wyatts have been massively featured since the build to the RR started and are going to be involved in money Mania feuds. Cesaro is on fire. That new European guy Batista is getting a nice push.

Tons of new talent.

Reactions: edge4ever and Rogue

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
From the 8 week period between Payback and SummerSlam, I remember that I liked this (off the top of my head):
- Ziggler and ADR double turn
- The Shield being made to look a proper credible faction
- Mark Henry retirement speech
- Lesnar returning to F5 Punk out of nowhere
- Teasing Vince v Hunter for battle of the company
- Bryan being picked by the crowd to face Cena
- Sandow v Rhodes feud
- The Wyatt Family debuting
- Brock v Punk feud
- Cena losing clean to Bryan
- Orton turning heel

I fail to see how WWE isn't behind new guys. The Shield and Wyatts have been massively featured since the build to the RR started and are going to be involved in money Mania feuds. Cesaro is on fire. That new European guy Batista is getting a nice push.

Tons of new talent.

As I've said, I'll believe it when I see it. In other words, when someone gets the real push to become champion, regularly main-eventing PPVs, and a shot at replacing Cena as face of the company.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
nobody needs to you to believe it. It is just a fact of life.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Tons of new talent.

It's astonishing to see you be the voice of positivity, hope, and reason around here. Awesome, but astonishing at the same time.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It's astonishing to see you be the voice of positivity, hope, and reason around here. Awesome, but astonishing at the same time.
Honestly I'm not ALL that optimistic about WWE currently, but most are so negative that I find myself defending them nonstop when discussing WWE on this forum lately.

Reactions: Snowman1