How Far Has WWE Dropped?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I am thinking back to last year, between Payback-Summerslam WWE was at an all time high compared to earlier years, weekly shows were great, PPVs were high quality and there was a lot of hope for the product and listening to the Summerslam theme saddens me to see this hope has just died and the product has died completely. The general feeling on the forum around that time was excitement. Payback, MITB and Summerslam had great live discussions and everyone was pumped and were even excited for the pre show. it was MITB iirc where people were talking well before the pre show which is a rare thing to see. I honestly cant be the only person feeling this way. Payback, MITB and Summerslam are some of my favourite times on this forum just because of the overall product and excitement around here and its sadly missed. Look at how the product has dropped in short: Summerslam Main Event: Bryan Vs Cena. Mania Main Event: Orton Vs Batista.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It defiantly has not dropped as much as people think it would have, Which isn't surprising as WWE is truly great with keeping their fans eyes glued. They could do another screw job to someone i liked and I would still watch it just for the sheer fact that it is an addiction to watch, It's not something you normally see on TV often, there's always a new episode and there's always at least one person who is having a dramatic time in the company. So regardless of who has left or who's been let go I doubt WWE's ratings will go down any further then they should.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Payback to SummerSlam was beast. I loved that time. Everything since has been shitty/boring/dumb.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
EVERYTHING since?

tumblr_n1j6snvWBD1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Reactions: DK JAMES and Swift

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Don't think it dropped to much. Post Wrestlemania season will be DB's time, hell even at Wrestlemania he's fighting HHH, whether everybody wants to admit it or not is still a big deal. Batista/Orton looks like the only meh match on the card(okay shitty not meh). Everything else looks fine or good.

Reactions: DK JAMES

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Don't think it dropped to much. Post Wrestlemania season will be DB's time, hell even at Wrestlemania he's fighting HHH, whether everybody wants to admit it or not is still a big deal. Batista/Orton looks like the only meh match on the card(okay shitty not meh). Everything else looks fine or good.
I fucking love Batista personally. Not for anything he does, but I am endlessly entertained when the crowd buries him. He and Orton might be the highlight of my Mania night, unless HHH squashes Bryan like a goddamn champ.

Reactions: DK JAMES

Farooq

Reaction score
The middle finger yes chants were pretty entertaining :hmm: but from a mark point of view, this PPV doesn't even look bad lol.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
The middle finger yes chants were pretty entertaining :hmm: but from a mark point of view, this PPV doesn't even look bad lol.
From a smark POV it looks good. Cena/Wyatt feud and match are fucking dank. Taker/Bork? Fuck man, complainers can legit fuck off. And I am supposed to be the #1 WWE hater around here.

Farooq

Reaction score
From a smark POV it looks good. Cena/Wyatt feud and match are fucking dank. Taker/Bork? Fuck man, complainers can legit fuck off. And I am supposed to be the #1 WWE hater around here.
OH HELL NO! DB NO GET WWE TITLE! REST MATCH NO EXTITS! SHUT TEH DORS VINCE! IS OVER!!

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
I fucking love Batista personally. Not for anything he does, but I am endlessly entertained when the crowd buries him. He and Orton might be the highlight of my Mania night, unless HHH squashes Bryan like a goddamn champ.

Thank god someone else feels the same way about Orton/'Tista.

The rest of the 'Mania card is looking pretty good, and I'd much rather see an awful match between Orton and 'Tista shit on by hilarious chants than last year's Rock/Cena which, was not only a waste of the Rock, but was also popped for by the WM crowd.

Most of the complaints recently seem to be from some of the Bryan marks who are upset at him not main eventing WM. Does it really matter? He's got a tonne of screen time and his been in all the main stories since Summerslam pretty much - this time last year we would have given anything for him to be in this position.

WWE has had its best year or so since I restarted watching in '11 IMO, and this RTWM is probably gonna be the best for a while. This is coming from a guy who is a mark for Punk, Ziggler and The Rock - all of whom were in fairly big roles this time last year and are now missing. Decent stories, feuds and matches most weeks on Raw have kept me entertained and/or interested for the majority of the past 9-10 months.

Reactions: Chris_JeriG.O.A.T

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I'm not saying the product is shit right now. But Payback-Summerslam was just a sudden and quick burst of greatness.