HOF 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Veritas

Reaction score
^That's like saying THQ can purchase the rights to Hulk Hogan and Jeff Jarrett and put them back on Smackdown vs. Raw, incorrect. WWE has to sign off on shit like that.​

Hulk Hogan is in the game Savage is hocking, he's actually on the cover. Do you think WWE would sign off on that? WWE may have control over some aspects of the video game license, and since the SvR series is the modern game they probably would be able to veto something like that, but, from the sources I've read, THQ and Jakks have a large degree of control over the products as well. The report I read said that the decision to have Savage involved wasn't a call that came from WWE.

Reaction score
See, I read that same thing you read but from non creditable websites. From my understanding, and can be read on the WWE corporate site, the WWE controls all likenesses and the decisions to put those likenesses into any products bearing their company name. WWE probably griped, but THQ can not legally run an ad with a WWE logo and a person they didn't personally endorse or sign off to advertise their product or copyrighted images. Remember, THQ has signed a deal to get a WWE license, not the other way around. It probably took alot of swaying but seriously, THQ has to have the WWE's approval to associate someone with their product. I don't think they have that much of an issue with Hogan either, seeing as how they keep showing Flair on the HoF advertisements and TNA really isn't viewed as competition.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Not to mention Vince and Hogan still share a fairly lucrative business contract anyways; I don't know that they're on good terms again, but I highly doubt the contract they signed a few years back is void or fulfilled already.

Not to mention though; there still hasn't been a confirmation that Hogan will actually make it into the game anyways (although he WAS in the 50 greatest DVD)... and you can still find plenty of Hogan clips on WWE's channel...

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Big Bossman is dead. I never liked him. As far as Randy Savage, he deserves to be the head liner not on the same bill as HBK. My pics for Hall of SHAME are... Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Rick Rude, Road Warriors, Steiner Brothers, Sting, Magnum T.A., Midnite Express all 3 versions, Rick Martel, Miss Elizabeth, Sunny, The Great Muta, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Sid, Bam Bam Bigilo, Bruno Sanmartino, The Freebirds, The Rock n Roll Express, Goldberg, DDP, Buff Bagwell, Shane Douglas, Missy Hyatt,Madusa, Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert, IRS, JBL, Barry Windem, The Andersons / Minnesota Wrecking Crew 2 many others.... you'll never see...Jeff Jarrett, Eric Bishoff, Vince Russo or Sable unless Vince put in Brock Lesner 2 for 1 special.

lmao, Buff Bagwell?

I was actually a fan of his but HoF? hahahahahahahaha

Veritas

Reaction score
It was reported in this week's Observer that names currently being tossed around for this year with an Atlanta connection include Michael Hayes, Jake Roberts, and Abdullah the Butcher with Triple H being a big supporter of Abdullah.

The Butcher in the Hall of Fame would be....interesting. I'd love to see his acceptance speech.

Airfixx

Reaction score
I thought Hayes was already in....?

Reaction score
Butcher belongs like a motherfucker. A huge attraction in his day. But if Abby gets in before Brusier Brody, that's a damn shame. Hayes should go in but they should induct the entire Freebirds, sucks that Bam Bam is dead, but I know they use Jimmy Garvin for their Legends of the Roundtable or whatever show its called on their channel, so they can do Garvin, Roberts and Hayes. Would have been awesome to induct the Birds when they inducted the Von Erichs, in Texas.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
The Butcher in the Hall of Fame would be....interesting. I'd love to see his acceptance speech.

I would also love to see how the WWE put together an induction video package considering (as far as I know) he was big in the deathmatches and what not.

Here is a possible induction class that I just thought of off the top of my head:

HBK
The Free Birds
Jake Roberts
Bossman
Great Muta
Sunny
Magnum T.A.
Arn/Gene/Ole Anderson

I tried to go with the GA/WCW theme and I just threw in Sunny because they seem to induct a woman every year, and I think Elizabeth should be inducted the same year as Savage, and he, much like Sting and Goldberg should be the headliner of a class.

fuzzy

Reaction score
I would also love to see how the WWE put together an induction video package considering (as far as I know) he was big in the deathmatches and what not.

Here is a possible induction class that I just thought of off the top of my head:

HBK
The Free Birds
Jake Roberts
Bossman
Great Muta
Sunny
Magnum T.A.
Arn/Gene/Ole Anderson

I tried to go with the GA/WCW theme and I just threw in Sunny because they seem to induct a woman every year, and I think Elizabeth should be inducted the same year as Savage, and he, much like Sting and Goldberg should be the headliner of a class.
pretty good but needs a two changes imo.
leave in everything and switch Sunny with Miss Elizabeth and Great Muta with The Quebcers.

BTW, anyone have info on who is gonna be announceed next?

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Liz being inducted would be pretty awesome, but personally, I feel it would be only right that she is inducted either by, or with Savage. Being that they both really hit the bigtime together and it would be a perfect ending to the Savage/Liz (kayfabe) story if you ask me.

I also dont see Muta being very likely now that I think about it tbh.

Reaction score
I don't think jake should go just because of his conduct. H'll probably pull another

Reaction score
Heroes of Wrestling if he actually shows up at alll

they should induct Hogan, Austin and Flair next.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
pretty good but needs a two changes imo.
leave in everything and switch Sunny with Miss Elizabeth and Great Muta with The Quebcers.

BTW, anyone have info on who is gonna be announceed next?

You do know I was completely joking about the Quebecers, correct? Do you realize those men are not worthy of even more than one forum post per year? Do you know ANYTHING about that team?