HOF 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^That's been the story for years now...

Reaction score
Pssh, WWE put him in years ago. ;-P

Seriously though, I agree with you somewhat, the WWE Hall of Fame definately shouldn't be taken seriously. But, with that in mind, I do like the idea. It adds something to WrestleMania weekend and it gives fans a chance to see guys they haven't see for awhile or, in some cases, maybe they've never seen.

Sadly, the best part of the HOF is the induction speeches and, as of late, WWE's cut them short. If they want to televise this thing then fine, just televise the top guy and maybe one more and save the rest as a reason to buy the DVD and give each inductee a significant amount of time. It doesn't have to be the same for every guy, take their career into consideration. Koko B. Ware was fine with 5-7 minutes but Terry and Dory Funk, no they each should've been given a minimum of 15-20 minutes, maybe more. There is a market out there for people wanting to hear old timers talk and, by limiting them, WWE is cutting their own legs out from under themselves in terms of what the WM/HOF DVD COULD be.

If you're talking about what only gets aired on TV, the show is taped and cut. I saw last year's entire show, they aired it on WWE 24/7 or whatever it's called and everyone had nice, long speeches, except Antonio Inoki who really can't speak the language. My favorite was Mad Dog Vachon and Pat Patterson quipping.

But to add to the speculation, look who is on more than speaking terms with the WWE again:

[video=youtube;MtzJpS7BgY4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzJpS7BgY4[/video]

I want to see him get inducted, but he deserves to be the headliner when he gets in.

Also, Dave Meltzer is reporting 3 guys slated for the HoF this year have signed deals. No names verified though.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I havent seen Savage in a few years... he's not the same to me whited out like that...

...but he's still a badass!

Uncle Saucey

Reaction score
Savage should go in just on the fact he porked Stephanie before she got those man made golden bozo's......

fuzzy

Reaction score
I dont know if Owen would be put in, isn't his widow sueing the WWE fo royalties or some shit like that?
they've been saying that long time now, and even so, Owen should still get in because he did a lot for the company. Is wwe actually trying to say that Owen isn't getting in because of that lawsuit his widow is using against them?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^She's suing them in part for his likeness, I believe. She doesn't want him being portrayed in any strength with the WWE if I'm not mistaken.

fuzzy

Reaction score
any idea if wwe wants to put him in the hof?because His brother Bret and hiis fater Stu are both in there, it be a shame if he wasn't. I kind of understand the thing with the lawsuit but still one would think he should and is much overdue to be in in.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Ultimately, you gotta respect her wishes given the circumstances, but it is none-the-less sad because Owen's suffering an almost Benoit-like absence from modern, mainstream wrestling history as a result. (It's not like, over the years, he was in a great deal of notable angles which could otherwise cement his place... Just one hell of a worker and, seemingly, one hell of a popular guy.)

re: Macho Man.... Ooooooh Fuk'n Yeaaaaaaaaaah!!!! (Y)

Veritas

Reaction score
I believe a judge has ruled on the Owen issue. Something to the effect of they do indeed own the rights to use him in their footage post mortem but they also do indeed own his wife royalties from everything released thus far.

And the thing with Savage promoting and being in the new video game is reported as being THQ's call not WWE's. Similar to the way Jakks has final say over who gets an action figure released which is why new Macho Man and Warrior figures have been put out. But I think as they start running out of major stars to induct, Savage will get his name called.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^That's like saying THQ can purchase the rights to Hulk Hogan and Jeff Jarrett and put them back on Smackdown vs. Raw, incorrect. WWE has to sign off on shit like that.

Reaction score
RKO is right. Savage being in the. game and having a figure out means he has probably signed a legends deal which is basically a likeness_royalties contract. As far as he owen issue, martha has an agreement made with vince personally. A judge never ruled on anything according to brets book and that's why there is huge resentment between bret and martha.

ajs

Reaction score
Big Bossman is dead. I never liked him. As far as Randy Savage, he deserves to be the head liner not on the same bill as HBK. My pics for Hall of SHAME are... Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Rick Rude, Road Warriors, Steiner Brothers, Sting, Magnum T.A., Midnite Express all 3 versions, Rick Martel, Miss Elizabeth, Sunny, The Great Muta, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Sid, Bam Bam Bigilo, Bruno Sanmartino, The Freebirds, The Rock n Roll Express, Goldberg, DDP, Buff Bagwell, Shane Douglas, Missy Hyatt,Madusa, Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert, IRS, JBL, Barry Windem, The Andersons / Minnesota Wrecking Crew 2 many others.... you'll never see...Jeff Jarrett, Eric Bishoff, Vince Russo or Sable unless Vince put in Brock Lesner 2 for 1 special.

fuzzy

Reaction score
So?

They've inducted a number of guys that were no longer alive.

Rick Rude seconded tho'. (Y)
Exactly!
and how can you not like "The Boosman"? that guy badass.