Heel title reigns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Does the WWE have to have every heel champion lose the title with whoever they are feuding with just to win it back the next PPV?

No wonder no one had had a WHC title reign longer than 2 months in almost a year

Airfixx

Can't say I've observed this specifically, but given the fact that heels they have are far more interesting than their face counterparts atm, it's probably a good thing. Guy's like Batista & Cena are far more entertaining when chasing the gold and getting screwed(*).

(*Which is why I'm so intrigued with Edge's pressumed return as a face - I'm interested as to what character traits he will retain and what new ones we'll see and if he can manage to be as entertaining as a face whilst carrying the belt this shit could be massive!)

MizMasta3000

when it was guys like JBL, they werent many faces to challenge him only like Taker and Cena. But since there are not as many heels "worthy" of championship gold, the heels need the gold to be challenge by different faces. Notice how after Orton beat HHH he started his Cena progrram, now he will probably move on to someone else. But who will it be?......

Airfixx

^^^LOL.... I'd find it more notable if, after finishing one title fued, the champ didn't move onto a new challenger.

pocket

Reaction score
Heels tend not to riegn long because they are supposed to be beatable and cowardly... there aren't too many heels I can think of that have been super dominant... Lesnar?

Thing with Orton dropping and winning so often is that back when he faced Batista and dropped it, that was done because Dave was crying about how he never gets a run.... Orton won it back the next night... then he dropped to Cena because Cena is Vince's lovechild and was never gonna say "i quit" so the belt is back on Orton again... because it makes sense... he's so hot right now. Plus like Airfixx said... the face chasing the heel is a better storyline, plus it makes the face's win sweeter when it happens!

Dynamo

Reaction score
^^^ No he fuckin don't!!!

@ Pocket.......As for domiant heels. There have been a few. The problem is, after a while, if their good enough, they become popular anyway and then have to turn.
Rock, Austin, Micheals, etc.

Airfixx

^^^^Dude, I gotta ask.... You're not seriously down with this Taker WHC reign are you?

Evil Austin

Heels tend not to riegn long because they are supposed to be beatable and cowardly... there aren't too many heels I can think of that have been super dominant... Lesnar?

Thing with Orton dropping and winning so often is that back when he faced Batista and dropped it, that was done because Dave was crying about how he never gets a run.... Orton won it back the next night... then he dropped to Cena because Cena is Vince's lovechild and was never gonna say "i quit" so the belt is back on Orton again... because it makes sense... he's so hot right now. Plus like Airfixx said... the face chasing the heel is a better storyline, plus it makes the face's win sweeter when it happens!

Triple H comes to mind, his evolution title run was epic I was a huge fan of him with that gimmick.

Airfixx

^^^Beat me to it. Although I guess you could argue that it was effectively Evolutions dominance rather than The Game's.

As world champs...

Yokozuna was damn sure dominant.
Big Evil had a fair few months with the undisputed title.
Vader (Admittedly in WCW)

@ Dynamo: Rock & HBK were both more primadonna, (at least semi-)chickenshit heels, not exactly what I'd called dominant in a booking sense.

Great One

Triple H was not 'dominant' per se in his heel role 03-05, sorry. Undertaker, Lesnar, and Big Show are the only ones who truly come to my mind. I'm not even gonna mention Khali.

Airfixx

"B-A-N-Z-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-"

MizMasta3000

Triple H was not 'dominant' per se in his heel role 03-05, sorry. Undertaker, Lesnar, and Big Show are the only ones who truly come to my mind. I'm not even gonna mention Khali.

Are u jokin? HHH was champ for what felt like 2 yrs. He smashed all challegers even WCW hotshots like Steiner and Goldberg. He was unstoppable even after Evolution broke up he was great against Orton and Tista IMO

Then again he was the only good enough heel in the title picture

Dynamo

Reaction score
@ Airfixx, I wouldn't say Im down with Takers reign, but I do love Taker and h8 Punk, so if I had to pick either, or....... you see what I'm saying.

In truth, who else should b champ? (Barring Punk of course) Who do you reckon is another viable, legitiment choice.

Oh, and when Shawn had his hissy fits, and wanted to always be in the limelight, and Rock was a bad mothafucka with his crew behind him, they were two of my alltime favourite heel characters.

Plus, I'd saythey were preety dominant. Couldn't tell you of the top of my head how long either of them held the title at those times, but they were certainly there or there abouts.

Airfixx

^^^HBK 07/08 & Rock 07/08 were quality, no doubt!

However, to me being a dominant champ isn't simply about how long you have the belt - It's also about the manner in which you're retaining...

DX-Shawn, for example, would barely escape with his life half the time during that period (Look no further than the fued with Taker for example)...

As for Taker rather than Punk... No need to reprise our Punk chatz, but you must really hate Punk that's all I can say.