HBK uses Crippler Crossface

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

No, and probaly thats for the best.

By the way, Ken Shamrock used the Ankle Lock way before Kurt Angle.

And now that I think about it, HBK did all the moves he ever tapped to, the crippler crossface from Benoit, the Ankle Lock of Kurt Angle, because even though Shamrock used it, HBK used the reforced version than only Angle did. And of course, the Sharpshooter.

The Rated R CMStar

He screwed this whole page. I can only count how long before Monkey does a thread based on Antony

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I think we are all reading a bit too much into this. Although, I will admit when I saw HBK lock it on I was reacting the same as all of you. But instead of looking at it as recognition of Benoit, did anyone ever think it was Vinces way of saying F@#* You to all the media and everything? Because that's what I think it may have been.

Famou$ 187

Who cares? It ain't like the move is trademarked or something.

Wooderz245

Reaction score
I don't think the ankle lock or the crossface were used as tributes in any way. But i do think that the sharpshooter was very deliberate given that it was the 10 year anniversary of the montreal screwjob.

Blitzkrieg

Reaction score
To guys talking about Shamrock, Shamrock debuted in 1997 and was using the Ankle lock then. Kurt Angle debuted in late 1999 and didn't start using the ankle lock until 2000 (or maybe even 2001). Shamrock did it first, but someone would have done it before him.

6194life

Reaction score
I think we are all reading a bit too much into this. Although, I will admit when I saw HBK lock it on I was reacting the same as all of you. But instead of looking at it as recognition of Benoit, did anyone ever think it was Vinces way of saying F@#* You to all the media and everything? Because that's what I think it may have been.

I have to agree it probably was Vinces way of saying F@ck You to the media. By the way I am not a Benoit fanboy I just asked the question about the hall of fame because I thought it would make for an interesting discussion and it has.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I hope HBK just came up with the idea in the ring and called it there because it would be a great way of sticking it to Vince saying "yeah Benoit did a horrid thing, but he was still the greatest wrester to wear a pair of boots".

wwerko619

Reaction score
HBK is one of my favorite wrestlers.

He used the Cripple Crossface? Ohhhh, right at Survivor Series. He used a few more dint he? like Ankle Lock,STFU i think.