HBK uses Crippler Crossface

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Did you hear the crowd when he locked it in!!!! They went wild!

I don't think WWE are going to start being Benoit friendly....I think HBK came up with the idea of using famous submission hold finishers (crossface, ankle lock, sharpshooter) and he decided to use the crossface. He probably ran it by Vince before doing it and he must have got the all clear to do it!

Man that was crazy too, I watching it on dailymotion at school.

Wooderz245

Reaction score
I don't know if it was a tribute to Chris Benoit so much, as it was the WWE showing that it's moving on after the Benoit tragedy.

I honestly thought, watching the match that Shawn was going to win the title when he locked Orton in the Sharpshooter. Thought it sortof fitted that he used it on the ten year anniversary of the montreal screwjob, AND the only time that Shawn won a world title without using sweet chin music. Couldnt believe it when Orton pulled it out.

The Rated R CMStar

LOL, he also lock in the Ankle Lock, is that a tribute to Kurt Angle then?

Reaction score
more than anything I think he was trying to "prove" that he could win a world title with a submission move something that he's only done once before and which on that time was tainted....

Triple H

Reaction score
Angel started the Ankle Lock. Shamrock started using it against him a long time ago, so tribute to Angle.

It sucked that Vince only brought DX back for One Night Only, i would have loved to see the official reunion of Degeneration X

WI Girls Kissing

Reaction score
in WWEI could have sworn Shamrock started it, i dont remember seeing Angle in WWE till 2000

the dark knight

Angel started the Ankle Lock. Shamrock started using it against him a long time ago, so tribute to Angle.

correct me if im wrong, but didn't shamrock use the ankle lock like before kurt angle's debut?

tommyboi65

Reaction score
Randy Orton too, at a house show,locked his opponent in a Sharpshooter & pointed to the rafters a few months back..

I think its Shawn being Shawn, giving nods both to Montreal & To Chris Benoit

btman

Reaction score
Lol it was so awesome... I didn't quite realize what he was doing at first.. It bloody stunned me. Then it just hit me and I'm like CROSSFACE TAP ORTON DAMNIT lol.

Jabroni

Reaction score
lol Tribute to Hart , Angle & Benoit that night, im glad he used the crippler actualy, fairplay to him lol, RIP Benoit !, it was the doctors fault he went crazy !!

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
People, people, he used a few moves that other people had/do use. It doesn't mean squat. Its not a tribute to those people. Those moves are still over as devastating moves and that's all he was doing was putting his opponents in holds t try an win. Quit over-analyzing stuff.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
SO what, he used the Crossface... That was the whole psychology of the match, the fact that Michaels had to go outside of his usual arsenal to put Orton away. It's such a shame all you former Benoit fanboys believe this is an indication that he'll be in the Hall of Fame! He will not & never will! Full Stop.

Funny how nobody brings this up a month ago when Elijah Burke starts to use the triple german suplexes in his matches!

Jabroni

Reaction score
Any one does the German suplexes, Benoit is a legend but he will not be in Hall Of Fame, but im glad people are using the moves.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
The last i saw, Benoit & Angle are the only people that used the "german" on a regular basis in mainstream wrestling.

The fact that Burke uses it in most of his matches shows how WWE feel about it.