HBK uses Crippler Crossface

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

6194life

Reaction score
I was surprised while I was watching the wwe title match to see HBK use the Crippler Crossface. Not even the announcers knew what to say. Is the WWE starting to move past what happened? Does this indicate that maybe benoit will be returned to WWE DVDs and maybe even the hall of fame?

CenaMark54

hahaahha....DVD's, hall of fame?

Nope...it just proves that the WWE is trying harder than ever to try to forget Benoit and they will be damned if some murderer is going to keep the WWE from using certain moves.

Marvel26

Reaction score
Did you hear the crowd when he locked it in!!!! They went wild!

I don't think WWE are going to start being Benoit friendly....I think HBK came up with the idea of using famous submission hold finishers (crossface, ankle lock, sharpshooter) and he decided to use the crossface. He probably ran it by Vince before doing it and he must have got the all clear to do it!

Triple H

Reaction score
It was awesome seeing the old HBK come back by using that Sharpshooter. I havent seen him use that in years!

Montana

I think people are over reacting about this. Its not like we would never see his finisher again. I thought the sharpshooter should have been the last submission hold HBK put on.

Reaction score
I didn't watch but as soon as I heard sharpshooter I thought that maybe just maybe we would have another screwjob...but it didn't happen which was good..neway back on topic it was only a matter of time before we saw the move again....and I'm pretty sure at some point we will see the flying headbutt also

WI Girls Kissing

Reaction score
I would cheer too. As a fan of wrestling, benoit was one of the best. I will always cheer for him when watching him in the ring, but not outside the ring. I don't see anything wrong with others using his "moves"

CenaMark54

I would cheer too. As a fan of wrestling, benoit was one of the best. I will always cheer for him when watching him in the ring, but not outside the ring. I don't see anything wrong with others using his "moves"

Yea, I don't see anyhting wrong with other wrestlers using Dean Malenko's movies either.

NYKings

Reaction score
^^^ I was thinking the same thing. Now I'm not as knowledgable as most of the people who post here but I remember hearing that Malenko introduced the crossface to Benoit. Just because it was one of Benoit's finishers doesn't make it HIS move.

It's just another move that some wrestlers use.

Enigma22

Reaction score
well it is basically known as beniots move and hbk wouldnt have used it if it wasnt for beniot. it was probably a tribute to him. everyone knows what beniot did but before that he was a great person and then he just took to many shots to the head and was on steroids or whatever he was on. many people still remember him for what he did before the last few days of his life and thats y i think hbk used the crossface.

Soulpower

Its not "Benoit's move" but he is the first person that comes to mind when you see the move. Its WWE's way of saying that not even they can deny the accomplishments of Benoit in the ring... It also worked with the match. HBK using moves that had beaten him in the past since he couldn't use SCM.