Gotham series on FOX

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
So Is this victor zsasz going to evolve into mr.freeze? I thought his name was victor friese or something in the comics. Anyone know if this is an original character?

Victor Zsahz is a separate villain.. His first appearance in the comic books was in 1992.. Unfortunately he is portrayed completely wrong in this series.. he was never a hired mob goon... I like most of the things they have done but this is wrong, unfortunately. Clicky

I hope they only ever have a reference to Dr. Victor Fries but I'd rather they never actually have him appear on this series.. at least not until maybe the 3rd or 4th season.

If this series were to hold true to the comics then the rest of the series, after season 1, would have no Bruce Wayne and no Jim Gordon and would focus solely on the villains. But that will most likely not happen. Which is why I am enjoying the show at the moment but the more it starts bending the actual stories of the people portrayed the more I will start to dislike it.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Victor Zsahz is a separate villain.. His first appearance in the comic books was in 1992.. Unfortunately he is portrayed completely wrong in this series.. he was never a hired mob goon... I like most of the things they have done but this is wrong, unfortunately. Clicky

I hope they only ever have a reference to Dr. Victor Fries but I'd rather they never actually have him appear on this series.. at least not until maybe the 3rd or 4th season.

If this series were to hold true to the comics then the rest of the series, after season 1, would have no Bruce Wayne and no Jim Gordon and would focus solely on the villains. But that will most likely not happen. Which is why I am enjoying the show at the moment but the more it starts bending the actual stories of the people portrayed the more I will start to dislike it.
I disagree. The more it bends the stories, the more I like it. I don't want to see the same things rehashed again. I want to be surprised and have things happen that are unexpected.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I disagree. The more it bends the stories, the more I like it. I don't want to see the same things rehashed again. I want to be surprised and have things happen that are unexpected.

Yeah, I guess this could be written as a mirror dimension to the comic book world (without them actually saying so) and that they could write new, re-imagined versions of everyone.. as I said in a previous post I need to stop thinking about the comics while watching this, I'll enjoy it more that way.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess this could be written as a mirror dimension to the comic book world (without them actually saying so) and that they could write new, re-imagined versions of everyone.. as I said in a previous post I need to stop thinking about the comics while watching this, I'll enjoy it more that way.
I agree. If it deviates a little I won't mind but if they just start changing shit left and right I will lose interest very quickly.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I can't say enough good things about last night's episode.. it was one of the best episodes of any TV show that I have seen in a long time.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
On the topic of Zsasz, I was watching Batman Begins the other day and he had a minor roll in it. He was a hired gun for Falcone in it. I'm not too familiar with the comics, but I thought that it was kinda cool that they had similar incorporations.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I think he's best fit as a mob goon despite the fact that he isn't one in the original comic, which I haven't read sadly (fml). He's a crazy athletic/strong super villain with extraordinary talents, which always makes for good fun.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
The last few episodes have really won me over Looking forward to seeing who shows up next

its Harvey dent apparently

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
You have to remember this is 12-15 years from the Batman comics you are talking about. He very well could have been a merc during his time gaining his body count. Remember, by the time we see him vs batman, he is covered in #'s.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Another very good episode.. the one and only thing I dislike about this show is Barbara Gordon, the story they have going for her is so out there and, honestly, just stupid.. whenever she is on the screen it seems like the show grinds to a halt until that scene is finished. Everything else is great though.. loved the furthering of the Penguin story and the introduction of Wayne and Kyle to each other.. still loving Alfred and his love for Bruce.. and Gordon's character remains top notch.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Just got done watching episode 10.. it was good but not as good as the previous few episodes.. seeing Alfred in kick ass mode was pretty cool and seeing Selina and Bruce together was interesting seeing as how their future is going to pan out. Ivy was interesting as well.. she had that creepiness that she has in the comics which was pretty cool... I just didn't see the need for the killers going after Selina thing.. it was unnecessary and used only as a way to show another side of Alfred and the closeness of his relationship with Bruce. A high point for this episode though... no Barbara Gordon.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Just got done watching episode 10.. it was good but not as good as the previous few episodes.. seeing Alfred in kick ass mode was pretty cool and seeing Selina and Bruce together was interesting seeing as how their future is going to pan out. Ivy was interesting as well.. she had that creepiness that she has in the comics which was pretty cool... I just didn't see the need for the killers going after Selina thing.. it was unnecessary and used only as a way to show another side of Alfred and the closeness of his relationship with Bruce. A high point for this episode though... no Barbara Gordon.

Usually they end mid season finales off for these types of shows very well, I don't think they did that great of a job of that last night.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Cobblepot is the fucking dude. I love the actor, the cinematic and how it's all played out so far. If this isn't a perfect example of how to build towards an amazing show, I don't know what is. Walking Dead season 1 was mostly character integration, Breaking bad Walt was a pussy and Jesse was a methhead, and there are a ton of other examples. I love watching Bruce step up, seeing Alfred show off his badass side, and watching the supervillians evolve.
I think this is the whole point of "Gotham." (The Show.)

But yes, I agree ...great progression so far.
On the topic of Zsasz, I was watching Batman Begins the other day and he had a minor roll in it. He was a hired gun for Falcone in it. I'm not too familiar with the comics, but I thought that it was kinda cool that they had similar incorporations.
Try playing the Arkham Asylum/City games. You will understand the character's integration very well. I didn't understand his inclusion in the game(s) until "Gotham." Nope.

For me, "Gotham" filled a lot of holes. Throughout the comics, films, and yes, the games.

Basically, Zsasz's the hitman in the "Gotham" series, but in the games or the comics, he's the shotcaller.

Last edited:

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Very good episode this past Monday. I love Arkham Asylum, love it in the comic books and I love it's early representation here. The episode flowed really well while handling 5 different storylines, handling all those different stories at once usually results in too many jumps and confusion but they handled it very well. Still loving the Penguin story and I love his expressions.. you can tell what he is thinking, when he is planning something, when he is annoyed... great acting. I like that they are bringing the major focus of the series back onto Gordon as it should be.. no Bruce Wayne in this episode was a good thing. The chemistry between Gordon and Bullock is very enjoyable to watch.

My only complaint is that I still believe the Barbara Gordon storyline is completely unnecessary.. the only significance to her character is the fact that she will eventually give birth to Batgirl/woman.. the lesbian storyline adds zero to the show as a whole.

Looking forward to Gotham being on my weekly schedule again.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Why is their speculation coming from all over the web that the Oswald Cobblepot in the show is actually the Joker?.. that would be one of the dumbest fucking "twists" ever seen on a TV show IMO.. From what I've heard that is definitely not going to be the case but the fact there is so much talk about it is BEYOONDD ME!