Gotham series on FOX

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I have no problem with a Batman show that takes place before Bruce even becomes Batman. No problem whatsoever. In fact, it would help me fill in the blanks for some characters such as Gordon. I have wanted to know why people "look to him" like a legend, like everyone knows who he is. The origins of Joker, Poison Ivy, Riddler, etc. I already know about Penguin through Batman Forever.

Not sure how much they are going to go into the origins of the Joker; they're kind of exaggerating Poison Ivy's past; they aren't even using her real name. Nygma aka Riddler should be an awesome origin story though..

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'm sure they're going to take some creative license and not be committed to telling the same story as in the comics. Even the comics themselves have altered the story countless times over the years. I wouldn't go into it expecting it to mirror the comics exactly.
exactly agree. Marvel or DC movies/shows, etc., are never entirely accurate on the comics. They can't be. Too much details and they need to be able to change things sometimes.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Also, this show will be great I'm sure. It's batman...can't go wrong (unless it's Ben Affleck....)

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Some reviews have been coming out and without reading too much about it and only looking for the number they attach to it, it's looking like they are calling it a 4 out of 5 star TV show on average.. They have a big budget and a great cast are the more common reviews I see without getting anything spoiled.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I think it'll be one of Those shows that get better as it goes on

It'll be interesting to see how long it runs for maybe we'll see batman in a later season if it lasts long enough

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Heard strong things about the premier episode, it's a shame it's competing at the same time slot as Big Bang Theory over on CBS.. both shows are quite the draw..
I'm about to watch it here in like an hour and I'll let you all know what I think about it.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
It was pretty good. More violent than I expected, which is good. The multiple plot points created can lead to some interesting scenarios, let's hope they take advantage of them in the right ways.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Just got finished watching the first episode.. much better than I expected.. I still don't like that they changed Poison Ivy's name and origin but I can excuse that if the series stays as quality as it was in this episode.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
What an awful pilot. Will not watch again. Basically, the show is "oh look, it's the young __________ from Batman mythos".

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Second ep was pretty good, looks like they're going to continue with darker themes. :obama:

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
For sure, the show is a lot darker than most of the Batman movies have been, very interested to see how they're going to keep it going.
Well it's not campy or cartoony. That alone puts it miles away from previous television incarnations.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Just finished watching the 2nd episode... they've definitely swayed me, I really did not think I would like this, but I really do.