Give me 5 reasons why Samoa Joe sucks

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mazz

Reaction score
Joe hasn't improved in at least three years. He might actually be getting worse.

When's the last time he had a great match?
When's the last time he made someone besides himself look good in the ring?
When's the last time he cut a half way decent promo?

Joe will eventually go to the WWE, but he won't be able to adjust to the WWE style of wrestling that focuses on ring psychology.

Right now he is all about making himself look good. Thats why I will always consider people like Randy Orton and HHH to be great, and people like Joe to be halfway decent. If Orton or HHH are given 15 to 20 minutes they will consistently put on good matches where there opponent looks great even if they get pinned. Joe will no sell your offense and might even injure you in the process. I'm actually surprised he hasn't seriously injured anyone yet.

A) At the last PPV

B)When he had a match with Scott Steiner

C) After Jarrett busted him open

CenaMark54

A) At the last PPV

B)When he had a match with Scott Steiner

C) After Jarrett busted him open

A) You thought Angle Joe take 10 was great? It was a decent match, but come on.

B) Only the true king of kings can make Steiner seem relevent.

C) Wrong again. The correct answer is Joe has never cut a promo that will make anyone other than Joe Marks care about him.

Mazz

Reaction score
A) You thought Angle Joe take 10 was great? It was a decent match, but come on.

B) Only the true king of kings can make Steiner seem relevent.

C) Wrong again. The correct answer is Joe has never cut a promo that will make anyone other than Joe Marks care about him.

My God you really are a mark. HHH vs Scott Steiner was one of the worst feuds ever,while Scott Steiner vs Joe was atleast decent.

And just because you are stuck listening to a Vanilla Ice wannabe cutting promos which are the worst promos since the times of Ultimate Warrior. Thats it,Cena is Ultimate Warrior v2.

Meh,marks dont matter.

CenaMark54

My God you really are a mark. HHH vs Scott Steiner was one of the worst feuds ever,while Scott Steiner vs Joe was atleast decent.

And just because you are stuck listening to a Vanilla Ice wannabe cutting promos which are the worst promos since the times of Ultimate Warrior. Thats it,Cena is Ultimate Warrior v2.

Meh,marks dont matter.

Wow you took the bait fast. I knew it was only a matter of time until you ran out of positive things to say about Samoa Joe. I know your type. You say two good things about the wrester we are debating, then realize you are overmatched so you have to attack whoever is in someones sig or screename.

Steiner was one of the most recognizable men in wrestling when he fought HHH back in 2003. I could care less if the feud sucked. Steiner was put over just by being in a feud with the King of Kings.

What did the Samoa Joe feud do for Steiner? Most people probably think he died 4 years ago. The general wrestling public could care less about Joe and Steiner putting on crappy matches and cutting ridiculous promo's. The only people who cared are all 20 TNA marks and the 15 Joe Marks throughout the world.

I won't comment on Cena because this thread isn't about him. However, if you think Cena is Warrioresque on the mic you know very little about wrestling.

Mazz

Reaction score
Of Course Joe isnt getting Steiner over as much as HHH. Why? Because A) Joe isnt as popular as HHH so a victory over Joe doesnt matter as much and B) Joe is an up and coming wrestler,hes not supposed to put anyone over in a way that makes him look bad.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Mazz you are totally wrong. Do you know why Ric Flair was so good from the beginning? He made his opponents look good. He made a career out of making other talent look like a million dollars. And thats what all the greats have in common. Chris Benoit, HHH, HBK, Flair, even Hogan.

CenaMark54

Of Course Joe isnt getting Steiner over as much as HHH. Why? Because A) Joe isnt as popular as HHH so a victory over Joe doesnt matter as much and B) Joe is an up and coming wrestler,hes not supposed to put anyone over in a way that makes him look bad.

You can put other wrestlers over without jobbing or making yourself look bad. Joe just doesn't have that ability.

Mazz

Reaction score
Mazz you are totally wrong. Do you know why Ric Flair was so good from the beginning? He made his opponents look good. He made a career out of making other talent look like a million dollars. And thats what all the greats have in common. Chris Benoit, HHH, HBK, Flair, even Hogan.

I never said that Joe didnt make Steiner look good,on the contrary. What I said was that if Steiner was to beat HHH it would make him look better than him beating Joe.

Hell,its pure logic,the more succesful you have been in the business,the more dramatic it is when that succesful guy jobs.

Match wise Joe made Steiner look way better than HHH but feud wise,HHH takes the cake.

And you cant seriously put Hogan on that list,because the only times he really jobbed was against Warrior,Goldberg,The Rock and Lesnar.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Hogan has put over....

Lex Luger
Warrior
Goldberg
DDP
Sting
Yokozuna
Lesnar
The Rock

put losing isnt the only way to make someone look good. When Hogan feuded with that fat tub of shit Earthquake, he made the people believe that Earthquake was gonna beat him. Sure it was easier back in the day when everyone wasn't so god damn cynical, but he still did it and did it well and did it with EVERYONE who got in the ring with him. I mean the list of people who beat the shit out of Hogan only for him to make a comeback is fucking huge. But he only came back when he had made the people believe "Fuck he's not coming back."

Mazz

Reaction score
Hogan has put over....

Lex Luger
Warrior
Goldberg
DDP
Sting
Yokozuna
Lesnar
The Rock

put losing isnt the only way to make someone look good. When Hogan feuded with that fat tub of shit Earthquake, he made the people believe that Earthquake was gonna beat him. Sure it was easier back in the day when everyone wasn't so god damn cynical, but he still did it and did it well and did it with EVERYONE who got in the ring with him. I mean the list of people who beat the shit out of Hogan only for him to make a comeback is fucking huge. But he only came back when he had made the people believe "Fuck he's not coming back."

Ok,I forgot about DDP,but Sting he never did put over. If your talking about the Starrcade 97 match,you should know that Hogan screwed the fuck out of Sting with the Hebner slow count thing.

Luger he might have put over,but Yokozuna? Hogan beat Yoko several times,thats not putting someone over.

And basically,Joe is not supposed to put people over. He's the new force in TNA. You didnt see Goldberg putting people over when he came into WCW. And Joe did put over Punk in ROH.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Goldberg had 170 or 180 matches then he started to lose. Nash ending his streak was one of the best things to happen to Nash.

Hogan lost the WWE title to Yokozuna in his last match before going to WCW so yes, Hogan put him over.

Sting beat Hogan on Nitro for the title as well.

There have been others who have been put over, I just cant think of them right now.

Mazz

Reaction score
Shit sorry,I fucking got confused with the terms,I thought you said pass the torch.

Yeah,Hogan did put Yoko over,but he totally killed all the momentum Sting had with him.

And BTW,If Nash beating Goldy was so great,why wasnt Angle beating Joe great huh?