Genesis 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I havent viewed the PPV. But the only match that will interest me will be BMI Vs MCMG it should be a good, but no classic

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Nothing you haven't already seen them do better a bunch of times before, tbh.

Christian Battlez

Reaction score
I went back to watch this whole show, and it was actually worse than I thought.

MCMG vs Beer Money was okay, but even that was a bit underwhelming. I think it may have been the lackluster crowd that brought this down for me. It is so sad that the loudest reaction from the crowd was a "TNA!" chant after a pointless finisher kickout. TNA.

Kazarian has become so bad that not even Lethal could do something entertaining.

Ray vs Devon was never going to be good.

Abyss vs Doug Williams was HORRIBLE OH MY GOD.

And then RVD vs Matt Hardy happened, AND OH MY GOD IT WAS WORSE. The crowd was dead too. The crowd was actually horrible all night.

I am so glad Jarrett is getting a push. He is seriously a heat magnet. His and Angle's stuff got the biggest reaction of the night until the end of the show.

I am just so disappointed in TNA for pushing Matt Morgan. In a roster with AJ Styles, Pope, Samoa Joe, Jay Lethal, Alex Shelley, Jeff Jarrett, and Kurt Angle, there is just no excuse for that. The guy would maybe make a decent midcard heel, but there's no excuse for having Ken Anderson vs Matt Morgan as the billed main event for any show. That match had no direction and was the epitome of trading moves, and not even doing that well.

Anderson vs Hardy was too slow of a way to end the show. In my view, WWE does the "cash-in quick match to close the show" thing too much, but at least they do it right. It was just not entertaining here because it went on too long; the first minute and the last two minutes should have been the entire match. I do think it is a shame that such a storyline was used on Anderson. I do not mind Anderson getting a push in TNA. I do not like him winning the title, but even that could work in certain settings. But having Immortal win all the belts in the night, then having Anderson beat a giant, THEN winning the world title is SUCH a compelling underdog babyface story. No way should it have been wasted (I do not think that terminology is too strong) on Mr. Anderson. It would have been a PERFECT set up for a guy like Pope to win the world title. Burke was released from the WWE because they didn't buy into him due to his size. That is the kind of guy that TNA has always been a safehouse for, as they would give those types of underused but beloved people a shot (see: Raven, Christian, Booker T). That is exactly why Pope has become so popular in TNA. On the other hand, WWE released Kennedy because he's injury-prone and fairly one-dimensional. And TNA scooped him up because they were on a hiring spree when Hogan came to town. That's the opposite of what TNA represented a few years ago. I do not mind Anderson. He is okay. But to use that storyline on HIM just doesn't make sense in context, and it should have been used on somebody where it would have made a bigger difference.

I was there crowd seemed loud. Kaz/Lethal wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Beer Money/MCMG was still good. I think the problem with their feud is they have fought so many times theres nothing new they can do in their matches. They needed longer than a couple months between their last feud and this one. Anderson winning the belt does so much more for me than Pope. I hate Pope he is a boring stereo type character. He was entertaining as Elijah Burke in WWE, in TNA he is a Reverend D-Von wannabe. Anderson winning is a good story because he got a unfair shake when Orton politicked him out of the company. He always had the talent to be World Champ but people like HHH and Orton held him back. So glad to see him as champion. If Pope ever becomes champion I'll quit watching.

...god...

Reaction score
How does HHH have anything to do with Ken Anderson?

Veritas

Reaction score
Anderson winning is a good story because he got a unfair shake when Orton politicked him out of the company. He always had the talent to be World Champ but people like HHH and Orton held him back. So glad to see him as champion. If Pope ever becomes champion I'll quit watching.

So Anderson being injury prone, sloppy in the ring, and barely being able to elicit a crowd reaction despite pretty much constantly being paired with main eventers in The E had nothing to do with his release?

I enjoyed in the Anderson gimmick in WWE for all of about 5 minutes. Then, when I realized he was nothing more than a one-trick pony, I moved on. Why can't others seem to pick up on that?

ThomC

Reaction score
I enjoyed in the Anderson gimmick in WWE for all of about 5 minutes. Then, when I realized he was nothing more than a one-trick pony, I moved on. Why can't others seem to pick up on that?

But he said his name twice. Obviously he is great.

fuzzy

Reaction score
He's not that bad, i mean he's not a super star but he's getting better every time since his release from wwe.

fuzzy

Reaction score
About The Pope not being a good enough champion, well he never has been given that chance. plus he goes over well with the crowd, i just don't think his current feud with Joe is what he neds rite now.
This is the perfect time for him to continue his feud with abyss and become the new TV champion.
imo, if can become TV champion and do good, get a huge pop from the crowd, that would give him the push to fight for the tna championship.