Genesis 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

btman

Reaction score
Was surprised to see there was no thread existing on it considering its here in like 2 days.. Seems to be the PPV where Immortal takes home all the gold, or thats what they want us to think. I'm a little disappointed that Jeff Hardy isn't defending the title at all.

1. Matt Morgan vs. Mr. Anderson #1 Contenders match

Buildup has gone up and down but its set up so Anderson looks like he'll pull an asshole move and take the victory. Morgan should have just stayed in Immortal and took the tag titles for himself again to laugh at Beer Money.

2 Bully Ray vs. Brother Devon

Anyone really know whats going on here? I'm lost finding the purpose of this one. Was this supposed to happen months earlier before EV 2 came back? Bubba is not ever going to win the big one so its really hard to understand where its leading.

3 Madison Rayne vs. Mickie James for the Knockouts title

It'll be.. Hot? No actually the knockouts have been pretty entertaining, only because they're being more brutal than Immortal has been lately.

4 Douglas Williams vs. A.J. Styles for the TV Title

So if AJ loses he's kicked out of Fortune and Immortal, maybe turn face if everyone else wins their gold. Or he'll win and Immortal gets more gold which will somehow help them in or after 'court'.

5 Jay Lethal (c) vs. Kazarian for the X Division title

So they made Robbie E win the belt for like a month so they could take it away and probably have this match be a handoff to Kaz... Probably will be a good match there was just no buildup.

6 Rob Van Dam vs. Immortal's Mystery Opponent

Well they could pull a twist and bring in MVP or Matt Hardy. Or it could be abyss, or rob terry or something lame like that. This could be the highlight of the night, or something to skip. Who knows.

7 Motor City Machine Guns vs. Beer Money, Inc. for the Tag Team Titles

I haven't watched TNA since the start... So I probably missed the first 50 feuds with these tag teams that there are like 2 dvds about... But after watching beer money lose so many times to the motor city machine guns... I won't be that hyped if beer money wins.

8 Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle in an 'exhibition'

JJ has a double insurance policy? Hmm. Otherwise glad to see Angle back.

Any other thoughts on Genesis?

fuzzy

Reaction score
I was gonna start a thread on this ppv but strolled down the fourm and saw you beat me to it, lol.

I agree with you about the match between bubba and devon, not really sure why they broke them up or why the match is happening in the first place. the only thing i can think of, is that they would give the winner somehow a title shot and he would win it and build up a nice feud with the loser of this match, basiclly both of them winning the title at some point this year.

the knockouts' match is gonna actully be good imo, the only bad spot i see is, interferance in the match.

i'm looking forward to the tv champion match, it'll be really good considering the two wrestlers in the match. (if AJ wins, he's still with immortal, if he loses, i think he's gonna slowly get the boot and turn face on them.)

x division title match, should exciting, with both jay and kaz in it to win it, likely kaz will win it but maybe they let jay retain and do a better buildup to them going at it one more time.

the mystery match between RVD and ???...i agree, it could be a lame perdectable match where it turns out to be some one in immortal or turn into a handicap 2on1 or it can turn to be the highlight of the ppv, if the mystery oppoenent turns out to be MVP, although Matt Hardy would somewhat more of a be a shocker considering his brother is in immortal and the champion and matt comes out to fight rvd.

number one contenders match, not sure what's gonna happen there, but should be good match overall.

tag team championships match, although the opponents in this match have fought and feud with each other a thousand times by now, both still put on a great match each time, espically if it's a title match.

kurt vs jeff...if it's a straight up match, no interferance or anything like that, should turn out pretty good, but if it's not straight up then not much of a match there.

BTW, i think Genesis was the first ppv for Hogan & Bishof in TNA, where they made a splash with the dabute of Mr. Anderson being the mystery man facing Abyss. So who knows, might happen again with it being MVP or Matt Hardy.

Axis

Reaction score
I hope AJ Styles, Alex Shelley, and Jeff Jarrett miss the show, and then the Impact Zone blows up.

Reaction score
This show doesn't feel like a PPV and TNA should be ashamed for expecting people to pay for this.

fuzzy

Reaction score
well it's not gonna be all bad, there are some bright spots in the ppv.
1: AJ vs Doug Williams. -title
2: Anderson vs Morgan. - ass kicking
3: Jay vs Kaz. - title

fuzzy

Reaction score
oh, and the mystery man facing RVd.

ahorrig

Reaction score
ill be really annoyed if its abyss facing RVD. Out of matt hardy and mvp, matt would make more sense, as wwe told mvp he can return to wwe if he doesn't go to tna.

fuzzy

Reaction score
hopefully it won't be.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
So I watched most of the show tonight (gratis, obviously) and to be quite honest with you, it wasn't too bad at all.

Aside from the "MMA exhibition" which I didn't enjoy at all, the worst match was probably the Hardy/RVD match and that was actually watchable. I missed Abyss/Williams and most of the women's match but the rest was good. The ending was a bit of a clusterfuck but at least it wasn't ridiculously over the top as has become TNA's norm.

I was pleasantly surprised.

ahorrig

Reaction score
For those who dont know, here are the results
Kazarian beat Jay Lethal
Madison rayne beat mickie james
aj styles was injured, so abyss took his place and won the tv title
beer money beat mcmg
bully ray beat brother devon
matt hardy did debut, defeating RVD
kurt angle beat jeff jarrett by dq
mr anderson beat matt morgan
eric bischoff made mr anderson have the title match straight away. Mr anderson won the match and became the new tna world champion.
immortal only won their matches by secretly cheating, low blows etc.

fuzzy

Reaction score
it wasn't mvp? but it was kind of easy to see that matt hardy would the one, and to top it off his brother loses the title...hmmm? maybe a hardy tag team forming again? sucks about jay losing the x division, at least it wasn't to that annoying Robbie E.

hogan and bishof are 2 for 2 at Genesis with mystery opponents.
I can't beleive jeff hardy lost the title this early.

thanks for the score update ahorrig :)

nation

Reaction score
Sounds like a very solid show and a pretty nice card. Looks like a fresh start for the year, TNA fucking needed it. I'll actually probably catch it when I can. I haven't watched a PPV from TNA in literally like over a year maybe even two years. So nice to see Mr.Anderson get the belt. Finally getting his break after all of his injuries and building him up as a top star in TNA the past year. He's been reinvented so well in TNA. I'll give this and the next Impact a shot. Just wish The Pope and Joe could be doing something. It's about time Dinero starts getting that big push, would be nice to see him either win a belt from Abyss or Kazarian or go into a big feud with Jarrett. Now, hopefully TNA doesn't fuck this all up and make Anderson a transitional champion. I'm willing to give it a shot now but if this happens, fuck it.

fuzzy

Reaction score
I feel the same way about the pope and joe, Joe's gotta start feuding with immortal or jerret, what happened with him being pissed off at him after the double cross at the last ppv.and pope, he's gotta go after abyss and get that title, after what abyss did to him.
too bad R truth isn't there anymore, he and pope would've made good tag team, both are young and can move pretty quick...

fuzzy

Reaction score
this weeks impact should be a good one to watch.