AMA General Promo Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WelshyBOI

Reaction score
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
X2VL4FM
Favorite Wrestler
lita
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk

Now this is a promo I actually would love feedback on mainly because it is my first like... proper match promo with Vampiress. Even if she has appeared in promos and segments with Cali, it was always like conversational. The two having a conversation. Not a promo directed AT someone. I also tried to balance both "languages" a bit. All translated with brackets. What do you guys think of Vampiress in this promo and just the dynamic between her and Cali with how I'm advancing the story?
I shall give my, frankly, worthless opinion as a fellow promo writer who's far beneath your capabilities, in the hopes that you at least find it "Awe, look at the silly little Welshman trying to give his useless thoughts" :lmao. Here goes!
It is a dim room. Candles appear all around, giving a gentle glow. Through the tender lights, we see some banners. Japanese symbols are on them with different colours. Bonsai trees are sitting under then, delicate and beautiful. A gentle stream is heard from a fountain. A clock ticks on the wall as its hands move. There is a calmness about it. A dark quiet room where one can clear your thoughts.
Right, first off, scene-setting: As far as the information, i.e where you are, what's there and the ambience and whatnot, it was great. It was a little choppy, for me at least, since personally, I would've tried to add a little something extra to each of the pieces being described...I'll use the clock as a quick example since it'd take me, like, 2 hours to set the entire scene since I am by far the SLOWEST writer on the planet :lmao

"A clock ticks away, its sound cutting through the otherwise tranquil silence., yet adding to the tranquillity nonetheless"

Or something to that effect, lol. That just comes down to personal preference, however, so in terms of the actual job of scene-setting, you achieved the ultimate goal, since from what you wrote, I know exactly the surroundings the characters find themselves in, but, IMO, it could've been jazzed up a little ;)
We see the faint outline of a woman sitting cross-legged on the floor. Her face is covered with an intricate mask. There are sharp designs around the holes for her eyes, a sharp “V” design on the forehead, then the shape of “fangs” around her mouth. We see the faint outline of dark lipstick and dark makeup with some sparkling purple. Hanging out of the mask, we see her hair, dark with purple dyed tips. She has wrestling gear on. Long one-legged tights with a skirt and belt, matching bra with some outlines. The colours are primarily black with a mix of purple and a neon green outline. She has her eyes closed as she is at peace. Vampiress. She speaks in English, speaking slowly to ensure she pronounces everything correctly. Though, there is still a hint of confidence under it, with her voice cutting through the room.

“This is a place of peace and quiet for me. The perfect place to be one with your spirit. Let yourself be charmed by her power. Let her guide you through the night. Rest, for this is a calm before a storm…”

Then in the background.

A light clang of metal. Then another followed by a third, beginning to become louder. Two more are heard then we see another woman, this one holding a steel chair. It has graffiti on its seat, a neon Green M. Also wearing her in-ring gear, we see her long tights matching the colours of the other woman with openings on the side, boots, kick pads, and knee pads branded one with an 8-bit skull with a crown and the other a silver “M.” She has an open hoodie on. Black with an “M” logo over the heart, all different colours outlining it. Leaning down on her chair, she pulls back her hood to show her face. Cali Hayama, with a newer look. Her brown locks have been chopped down to her shoulders and her hair is dyed with a mix of a darkened silver and black.

“And that storm is coming at Under Attack…”
Next up, character description: The level of detail you put into bringing these two incredibly unique individuals was fantastic. Nothing bad to say about it whatsoever...I wouldn't have come anywhere close to this. You honestly couldn't have described their appearance better if you actually fucking created exact replicas of the outfits and got the IRL reps to wear them :lmao maybe a little too far, there, but you get the jest. Top notch character description!

Now, I shall speak on each character separately and what I think of them and shit, basically (I'm fucking trying, alright! Leave me and my stupidness alone! :lmao;))

Cali "X" Hayama (AKA that person that the extremely famous wrestler Bellatrix Bordeaux has plucked from obscurity VIA Twiiter and turned into a major internet superstar! :p:cool:;)): I've enjoyed the struggle that Cali's been going though thus far in AMA. She's being pulled in multiple directions, with different aspects of her personality fighting between themselves to decide on the direction she wants to go it. Does she want to be an upstanding member of the roster? Should she play the game as it was intended to be played, that being by the rules? Or, should she go down the road where if there is a cheatcode that allows her to progress through the story quicker and easier, she would be willing to take it? I like that either end of the spectrum there's a physical embodiment of each ideal...those being Marquise Bridges and Christopher McMichael. I like that she has a high level of self-awareness in that she understands why and how she's in the position she's in, having come off of 3 losses on the bounce. She comes across asvery open andhonest with herself, and those sorts of traits are endearing no matter the side of the coin she winds up landing on.

As for her ability to verbally slaughter opponents when a camera's rolling, she was top notch as per usual. I got a kick out of her giving Azrael the pet name "Gammy", lol. She's starting to convince me that she's into some serious kinks, given that she's now brought up BDSM, blood fetish and the love of being dominated by Asian chicks during her 2 match AMA career :p not judging, but her mind keeps going there, andtherefore it leads me to wonder :lmao anyway, she did everything that a good promo should accomplish. She verbally destroyed her opponents and their characters, she explained why her and Vampiress were the more effective team and she explained why she thinks that she and her MAYHEW compadre are going to emerge victorious. Top notch verbal assaulting from "The Slayer Queen". :Clap:

Vampiress (AKA the FRIEND of the person that the extremely famous wrestler Bellatrix Bordeaux has plucked from obscurity VIA Twitter and turned into a major internet superstar! :p:cool:;)): We got to find out a lot about Vampiress here, which I enjoyed. She comes off as a very thoughtful and deliberate person. She's very spiritual. We got to hear about the origins of her mask being that her parents were against her career choice and therefore she had to hide her identity, the look stuck and she felt that the mask gave her a confidence and belief that was lacking beforehand. We learned that for the most part, you won't ever be able to understand her if you're incapable of reading since she struggles with English a bit :p;). She's VERY sure of herself and extremely blunt, literally just out and pretty much saying "I'm smart as fuck and I'm hard as fucking nails, do something about it" lol. I very much enjoyed her, and I hope she stays around so that Trixie can learn that evil language of Vampires, know as "Japanese" apparently, so that she can befriend her and the three of them can have tea parties and shit :lmao;)

All in all, this promo and the characters themselves receive the rating of...A+ out of 10...that's what a grade should look like, right?

@Princess Rosé them's my thoughts, and I apologise that they're definitely not as constructive as what you've given me in the past, but as previously mentioned...I'm quite stupid, and therefore this is the best I can do. :D;)

Reactions: Alexa and Rosie

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
will attempt to write a roleplay tomorrow - but being in the state I am in was never the plan.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Will take promo reviews. :)

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
will attempt to write a roleplay tomorrow - but being in the state I am in was never the plan.

Hope you feel better soon! If you can't, I think it is understandable. Don't force yourself!

Will take promo reviews. :)

I may write one after work. But 10/10 for the Cali mention since there are obvious parallels with two gals with Japanese experience, dream match incoming.

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Since I’m still developing Marquise, I would love some feedback on this promo from anyone.

Reactions: WelshyBOI

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Since I’m still developing Marquise, I would love some feedback on this promo from anyone.

I'll add you to... THE LIST. Then maybe we can get some Residence development when we have the chance, and maybe you can do some also to my Cali and Vampiress promo, partna'

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

first introduction. lmk if u like or not

Reactions: Rosie and WelshyBOI

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Looks like I got reading to do after work.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I also wanna mention that my whole description of the alleys and Old Town's sort of morbidly decrepit expressions of pre-Depression-era architecture are based entirely on the sort of experience I was envisioning from listening to Ennio Morricone's "Once Upon a Time in America" soundtrack non-stop, especially Poverty.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I also wanna mention that my whole description of the alleys and Old Town's sort of morbidly decrepit expressions of pre-Depression-era architecture are based entirely on the sort of experience I was envisioning from listening to Ennio Morricone's "Once Upon a Time in America" soundtrack non-stop, especially Poverty.

Great movie and great soundtrack

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Great movie and great soundtrack

Definitely Sergio Leone's pet project come to life, and the greatest deconstruction of the mob genre ever.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Definitely Sergio Leone's pet project come to life, and the greatest deconstruction of the mob genre ever.
Agree, and I think that may have been the reason why people may not have liked it as much.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

enjoy that nonsense

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Agree, and I think that may have been the reason why people may not have liked it as much.
It also doesn't help the US distributors fucking butchered it to hell